Anyone else feeling like the minority now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There have been sooo many babies born in this DDC already. I thought I would've been one of the earlier ones to go, since my due date is March 7th, but apparently not. We had a lot of early birds!

I am just feeling kind of bummed now, like... when's it going to happen? I don't feel like there is anything exciting to post now since I'm not in labor yet. Anyone else feel the same way?

-
#2 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM

I feel the same way. My daughter was 10 days early so I was sure this one was going to come that early. It seems like half of the babies in the March DDC were born in Feb. ..I mean, it is only the 4th! Why do I feel so behind? There were 3 other girls that go to church with me and 2 went early and 1 was induced yesterday(at 39 weeks!) because she was tired of being pregnant. I am glad to not have to worry about pressure to induce this time but I hate thinking everyday..."maybe it will be today?" I keep cleaning and stocking my fridge but we have to keep living so I will have to make another grocery run today. I feel like I can't even call people because they all assume I am calling to say I am in labor. ..I have not even passed my "due date"- dang!

SAHM to my beautiful girl(9/06) and boy(3/09).
#3 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Ha-- yea. Not at my due date yet (3/9) but everyone from my work and everyone in my life thinks I should be done by now. Baby is not engaged and is very happy in there, no signs whatsoever of him coming!
#4 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM

waiting can be so frustratig

i am not officially due till the 20, but all mine have been early, my dd was 11 days early so i pretty much feel due now, plus i have been having very strong bh contractions for weeks, several very painful ones recently, i feel like i have been in early labour forever.
#5 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I hear you both. My in-laws keeping calling my husband asking when the baby is coming b/c they will have to fly out from California (we are in Tennessee). DH's grandfather made a comment that she should be born on the 5th, because that's his birthday. Well, that's sweet and all, but that's before my due date even.

For some reason EVERYONE at work has felt the need to comment on my belly for the last three months or so. I work at a call center with somewhere around 1,200 people, so there are a lot of "coworkers" whose names I don't even know who comment all the time. People even ask if I'm having an epidural (even a couple of guys asked me this)! Of course when I tell them absolutely not, they look at me like I'm insane, and then make comments like, "Wow you're brave!" or, "You'll change your mind!", or "Let me know how that works out!" (sarcasm).

When people ask if I'm going to be induced, I say it's not standard with my Midwife until 42 weeks, their jaws drop open. I've had people try to give me (unsolicited) tips on natural induction, too. LMAO. I know they all mean well, though, because they all seem to feel bad for me that I have to work until I'm in labor. It just gets kind of annoying, and it is strange to have strangers discussing such intimate things with me.

*Sigh*

-
#6 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Yep, I'm with the OP! As fun as it is to read the new baby threads every day, it's a little frustrating at the same time. I even feel ike I might not be so anxious if this wasn't my first and I knew what to expect, but because I'm a n00b, not only do I not know when to expect this, I'm not even sure what it is I'm waiting on!

We thought maybe it was starting the other night. I had 2 episodes of what I was calling "kinda crampy gas" pains that lasted 30sec-1min and were 15 minutes apart, but I had DH feel my belly while the second one was going on, and he said that it didn't feel any different than normal *shrug*

I requested a check at my OB appt. yesterday, and was told that my cervix is still postierior (or anterior? Whichever the one we DON'T want to hear about at this point is, lol!) and that there's nothing much going on in there right now. I'm starting to accept that I might very well be pregnant forever!
#7 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
There have been sooo many babies born in this DDC already. I thought I would've been one of the earlier ones to go, since my due date is March 7th, but apparently not. We had a lot of early birds!

I am just feeling kind of bummed now, like... when's it going to happen? I don't feel like there is anything exciting to post now since I'm not in labor yet. Anyone else feel the same way?
pretty much exactly except i was due on the first.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#8 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM

I'm just 36w 1d, so I don't feel too anxious yet; there is still more prep work I need to do, and I am dealing with my grandparents in and out of the hospital, falls, cardiac issues, agghh.
Is is possible I don't have time to get too impatient?
Before the baby comes, I need to -finish painting the living room, do a belly cast, run a trial on the birthing pool, set up the cosleeper and the baby hammock thingey, and get about 2 days of uninterrupted sleep!
The more good birth stories I hear, the more I think I will get my head ready for this huge event, so keep em coming, mamas!
#9 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 03:00 PM

Tick tock tick tock..

Ugh, yes.. me me.. sick of waiting.. was due the first. Zero signs of baby ever planning to pack his/her bags and get out already..

There's basically two types of threads in our DDC now.. baby welcoming threads or threads on mommas sick of waiting and hearing about everyone else having their baby... LOL..
#10 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hear y'all, but I must say...Check the DDC sticky for all the mamas, really. There is like two hundred or so. I know probably only half actually post much, but still thats only a small percentage having had babies so far! It just feels that way... But, I do understand. I will probably feel this way into April, being due on the 30th!

Hang in.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#11 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post

I am just feeling kind of bummed now, like... when's it going to happen
: I'm right there with you
#12 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM

For me the hardest thing is seeing people with due dates well after mine have their babies. I have always gone after my due date, and this one is no exception (I was due yesterday) so I'm not surprised. But in the past I've never felt so "done" as I do in this moment and I'm still waiting.
#13 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm with you! I'm not due until the 27th, and this is my first, so I think I have a ways to go. But I'm so anal, EVERYTHING is done already. All the baby stuff is set up, we've got everything stocked, food is in the freezer, and the house is clean. But I'm just turning 37 weeks tomorrow! I could have a good month until I meet baby...what am I going to do until then?!!? I guess I shouldn't complain, but I will be bored until baby gets here.

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#14 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmum2000 View Post
waiting can be so frustratig

i am not officially due till the 20, but all mine have been early, my dd was 11 days early so i pretty much feel due now, plus i have been having very strong bh contractions for weeks, several very painful ones recently, i feel like i have been in early labour forever.
I'm also due the 20th but have always gone over All my babies were due the end of the month and were born the first week of the next month so I could very well have an April baby!

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#15 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 06:51 PM

YES! What's going on in here? I'm due on the 7th too and was excited to be early in the month. And they're not even posting birth stories for us to live vicariously, just bragging that they're free from this late pregnancy hell.

I got checked last Friday and my midwife said the baby's so low, he's about to fall out (+1 station!). I lost 2lbs and am 90% effaced, and we really thought it would be this week. I swear the baby dropped even lower yesterday. I can barely even sit on the toilet now and I can't walk because of shooting hip pain. I tried to take my dog on his morning walk yesterday and had to stop and sit on the curb less than a block in. I feel trapped in the house. Everybody is driving me crazy with the calls and emails too.

I need a project. One that doesn't require sitting or walking.

mom to DD 3/09
#16 of 20 Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 PM

I'm actually from Feb ("due" 25th) but I've started coming over here because everything is pretty quiet over at the Feb thread. So don't feel too bad, March Mamas! At least you are still in your month! I hope it will make you feel better than someone is later than you! I'm having only very very slight contractions and starting to contemplate gentle natural induction methods - acupuncture, homeopathic stuff....

So I wait in solidarity with you all! Take care!
#17 of 20 Old 03-05-2009, 12:11 AM

Me! My ds was 2 weeks early, so I didn't think that I'd get this far (I'm due on Friday) It wouldn't be so bad except that my ds is going through his terrible two's which is hard to have patience for when you have got no sleep b/c either you had contractions all night or you felt crampy & nausea all night... : I'm just soooo ready for the real thing instead of all this "practicing"... & I can totally relate to cleaning & re-cleaning the house & stocking & restocking the fridge thinking it will happen soon only to have nothing happen...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#18 of 20 Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 AM

right there with ya'll! i was due on the 2nd with predictions to come early for some reason and still no baby. our friends and family will.not.stop.calling. i know they mean well and i feel lucky to have so many people care but come on! i'll call YOU when it happens, believe me.

and the stocking/restocking, cleaning/recleaning is getting sooooooo old, thank god someone else out there is going through the same thing .

we're having a hb and i had my mw check me finally today and there's really nothing going on. she even gave me a rough vaginal and still nothin'. oh well, i've decided baby will come when he or she is good and ready right?
#19 of 20 Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM

I COMEPLETELY relate to those who said they are cleaning and re-cleaning. I have been doign that like crazy... and with a 2 yo, and a fiance who doesnt understand that wearing dirty shoes inside makes a dirty floor, I feel like I'm doing it every other day. It's so frustrating. And every day I think of something else that I forgot to get out or get ready (the other day I realized I had no birp cloths!) so that doesn't help.

I Also have no seet in stone plan for what I'm doing with my daughter yet while I'm in the hospital.... she's never been away from me for an entire day, let alone 3 so I'm nervous about that too. Idealy, I'll go into labor on a Friday, then come home Sunday bc it would be the least amount of days lost from work for Adam... we'll see!

Iwent 5 days early with my first so I thought I'd have gone by now... lol. but I dont "feel" like I'm going to go. I'm due on Fri the 13th so I hope if I dont go early, I go late... dont want any bad luck!
#20 of 20 Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM

I'm 2 weeks from my official EDD but I am SO ready now...

Baby is still high (this is my fourth) but the pressure on my bladder makes getting up from the couch or out of bed a struggle in not peeing when I get up. I have frequent Braxton-Hicks (I think) and I have NO idea if I'm dilated at all or effaced or if my cervix is long, short or soft (and I've TRIED checking myself and I have NO idea what I'm supposed to feel). I DO know I haven't lost any of my music plug.

Wife to 1, Mom to 4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page