Still Pregnant! Check in here - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just hit 41 weeks... Last night I had some contractions, 12 minutes apart for 2 hours, then they dwindled off. I had a bunch more during the night and didn't sleep well, but there was no real pattern. Today I've had a few random ones and I feel constant pressure downwards, particularly on my bowels! But no real patterned contractions (yet!). As far as I know, my mucous plug is still in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 AM

41 w 1 d, and now I'm wondering if this one will even be a Pisces by the time they decide to come out.....The Aries sign begins on the 21st, that's not too far away now!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie9984 View Post
41 w 1 d, and now I'm wondering if this one will even be a Pisces by the time they decide to come out.....The Aries sign begins on the 21st, that's not too far away now!
Glad to see I'm not the only one checking that! I'm hoping this one is born before the 21st (my due date actually) just because I'm not sure how we'd cope with a second Aries in the house!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one checking that! I'm hoping this one is born before the 21st (my due date actually) just because I'm not sure how we'd cope with a second Aries in the house!
DH is a Pisces, so I'd at least know what I'm getting into. My BFF is an Aries, I'd really rather not raise one if they're all as much a bullheaded PITA as she is
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM

39 weeks, 5 days here... I feel bad complaining when there are some of you hanging in there at 40+ ... but I'm going to, anyway. I went into labor w/DD at 39w, 4d, and she was born early in the am on 39w, d5... So unless I go into labor and deliver real quick today, I will be more pregnant than I ever have been before!

MIL went 'late' w/each of her pregnancies - her last child was 42+, and my mom had one preemie, one that was 42+, and the other four were about 'on time'... I just don't know if I have the will/faith/patience to go that far. I get so worried about something going wrong in the last weeks...

My ribs have been hurting at night so I've been waking up at night, having to switch sides... I feel pretty tired and grumpy this morning. My to-do list now depresses me because nearly everything has been crossed off.

I guess I should get off of here and clean.... once I get the house to a nice normal clean, I'm going to scrub the wood floors on hands and knees. That'll send me into labor, right?! Good for positioning if nothing else I guess!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM

I was hoping for an Aries (and a spring baby). I am a Libra and all my best friends have been Aries which is my opposite sign. My oldest dd is an Aries and we have a great bond. My sis is a Pisces and is so sensitive! It is hard to not hurt her feelings but otherwise we get along great too.

I was in so much pain last night. I had to get into a million different positions to try to get her to turn and get off of my lower back. I have a good idea what a posterior birth would be like after last night. I think the fact that I have been sleeping in a reclining position for a week so that I could breathe easier when sick may have helped her turn more posterior. I do love feeling those knobby knees and heels though!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM

40 weeks + 3 days now.

Just in terms of being pregnant, I'm fine and not in a hurry. But I really want baby to meet my father (who has days/weeks to live now and I'll have to drive out at one week PP to see him) so for his sake I REALLY want baby to come.

No sign of anything! Except some clear mucous plug yesterday.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie9984 View Post
DH is a Pisces, so I'd at least know what I'm getting into. My BFF is an Aries, I'd really rather not raise one if they're all as much a bullheaded PITA as she is
That would be Ramheaded, to be accurate. My uncle, "father" (we don't speak), and two of my cousins are all Aries, and they are definitely fiery. The thing is, it can be good sometimes. They are very passionate about stuff that they enjoy - to a point of everyone else's annoyance (talking about the same thing non-stop), but also get angry easily if things aren't going their way & tend to act like big babies. They are all male, too, though, so that could be part of it.

If I end up having to get induced, I may ask to do it on the 20th rather than the 21st, just to avoid having an Aries. One fire sign in this house (DH) is enough, thanks! I am an Air sign (Aquarius)... I can't handle all that fire! LOL. Is that wrong of me? Haha.

-

User Tag List