Belly cast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone do one/planning to do one? I wasn't all that thrilled about it, but my doula offered and so I took her up on it. It was AWESOME! Not only is the cast really cool looking, but the experience was fabulous. I felt like I was being pampered because my husband and doula were both doing the cast together. Plus my husband had a lot of fun. And holy moly, I can't believe how big my belly is now that I see it in 3D! These are my belly at 38w2d:

Me in the belly cast.
That's quite the belly!

I love how it got the nipples and belly button too! It's very cool. Anyone else have experiences/photos to share?

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Very neat! I haven't done one, didn't last time either... though I guess I still have time!
#3 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM

I have done one with each of my pregnancys and just love them. They are hanging in my room and I just Love them.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#4 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
wow, that is cool!

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#5 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM

I did one last time but not this time. I am thinking about getting some pictures done last minute since I got some last time and loved them.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#6 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

For those that have done them, what did you do with the belly cast afterward? Did you paint it or just hang it or what? I have no idea what to do with it now!

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#7 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM

I did one. H did a great job with it, just need to do a bit of re-inforcing. Never managed to get around to it yet.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#8 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 PM

We made belly casts with both pregnancies - though I think I did the first one earlier on (I don't think this one is SOOO much bigger . . .).
We just have them "au naturel" and hung on the wall. I think maybe when the kids are bigger, I will ask them to help me decorate them - but I have to decide on the right age, so they will be something both kids will like. Or maybe DH and I will decorate them in a parenting celebration at some point . . .I'm not sure!
#9 of 10 Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM

We have done two belly casts. The first one was about a month ago. I was so afraid of going early that I wanted to make sure I had one. The other was just last night...we did a very artsy one that looks like two cresent moons and a full moon, very cool. I'll post a pic when it is officially finished. I am using them to make birth sculptures for my birth sanctuary and I guess eventually they can go in the baby's room when we make one.

I am covering one with pictures of birthing goddesses and I think the other one we might paint and then light really uniquely.
#10 of 10 Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 AM

I did one - I modge-podged it with fabric and it can out amazing! It's worth it...I love mine.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page