Pregnant mommas check in - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I'm not alone. Who else is still waiting with me? How are you feeling? Are you thinking you could have a baby any day, or do you think you'll be having an April baby?

I'm currently 39 weeks and 4 days. I'm surprisingly calm about everything (must be the hormones!) I thought I would be nervous about the impending labor, but I am waiting patiently. I started having prodromal labor Thursday, and really thought I would go over the weekend. I even had my mom come out, but no baby! Honestly, at this point, I don't mind waiting. I know baby will be here so soon! My husband is still rooting for an April baby (his birthday is April 4, and he wants the baby to have the same birthday). I think I'll probably go before April, but you never know!

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#2 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:42 AM

I'm still here. I'm 40 weeks 1 day and I feel like baby will come soon. Been losing mucous plug for a week now and contractions are starting to pick up again, with periods of being regular. And just feeling a lot of pressure in my back, hips and thighs.

I'm not nervous about labor, I just want it to happen! It's just frustrating having no idea when I'll go into labor, especially since I expected to go early. Plus my husband is a student and is on spring break this week, so we were kind of hoping baby would come last weekend.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#3 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM

I'm 39 weeks, 2 days. I have had no signs of anything to come whatsoever. My mom and dad are coming on the 27th, so it's better if I wait until then anyway (then I won't have to worry about my toddler). I'm thinking I will most likely be giving birth in April, too. I'm just hoping I don't go toooo far into April! I also keep staying up too late and then lying in bed worrying that I'm going to go into labour having had no sleep!
#4 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 AM

I am 40 weeks officially..this hour hehe. I have had prodromal or false/early whatever you wanna call it labor on and off for weeks! At this point I dont know what to believe. However right now I am having strong contractions about every 10 minutes..and I cannot sleep through them. In fact...they actually require quite a bit of attention to get through them. I have yet to see any mucus plug let alone bloody show...but I know that doesnt happen to everyone. I actually had to stop typing to get through that last one.

I am really concerned that I wont call my midwife and or doula in time...or that I will call them and they will drive over here and then no baby. My labor was SO straight forward with my son...early labor for 6 hours then active for 5..then baby. NO prodromal or false labor at all. Looking back it was so simple. This time around I dont know what to believe. I do realize that today's contractions are MUCH stronger though..and that leads me to believe that things are amping up...but how soon? No one really knows. IF these contractions become regular and progressively intense for an hour I guess I will go ahead and at least call my doula for reinforcement. So far they have been terribly irregular...but another confusing variable is that my contractions were never regular with my first birth. ARGH. One thing is a fact about labor and birth....everyone is different..and every pregnancy is different.

Heres to meeting out little ones!!!! Much love mamas.
#5 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 05:58 AM

Still here too! Today is my due date, and while it feels like a great accomplishment to have reached this day, I have more than a little impatience too! I have had some prodromal labor off and on for a week, and overall I can tell that my body is definitely getting ready. The whole thing reminds me a lot of TTC, actually...having small symptoms, but waiting for forever to take a test! It's so hard to live a somewhat "normal" life!

I feel really good though. I'm not scared for labor at all; I am incredibly excited for the experience! Physically I am doing well too. I slept well last night, and for someone who is 40 weeks pregnant, I have a surprising amount of energy. So, I'm here just waiting, but counting my blessings in the meantime... :
#6 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 07:21 AM

Like some of the PPs, I am also "officially" due today, March 24!

No signs of impending labor. My lower back has really begun to ache in the last week, but nothing crampy, just a steady ache. Gotta be that 30 extra pounds of belly hanging off my front. (All my weight gain seems to be belly and boobs).

I tried to check my cervix, but it's a far reach. From what I can feel, things are pretty soft, but I couldn't determine much more. Check up tomorrow, haven't decided if I'll ask for an internal exam.

Still feeling good about going any time, or waiting until April. What will be, will be!
#7 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm DDC crashing because I have to tell you that you ladies are an inspiration to me! I am only 37 weeks 4 days but have started getting impatient already! It helps to read this thread and see how patient and "cool and collected" you ladies are!!!! What I have told myself is that whether he comes early, on time or late it will be here very soon and I am just very excited!!!! I also tell myself that every day he's inside me is another day stronger he will be and another day I have him all to myself !!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#8 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 AM

I am still here too. 40 wks tomorrow and nothing going. I thought for sure it was going to be this past weekend and I did have some good contractions Sunday night but they petered out. I have been positive I would not have an April baby but here I am a week out! My daughter's 5th bday is tomorrow and we have a big Cub Scout event for the boys plus my weeks are pretty hectic so maybe baby will hold off until this coming weekend. My back has been killing me too. I wake up every morning waiting for that tell tale gush like my last 2 labors. I need to quit expecting it!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#9 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 AM

Still here too!

I'm 40w3d and not too surprised nothing has happened yet. My other two were born at 42w (hospital induction) and 41w3d (castor oil made it happen).

I'm really looking forward to going into labor. It's normally quick and not all that painful. And with my last one, I was on such a high for weeks afterward, I can't wait for that!
#10 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM

I'm still here.. due date on Thursday.

Three weeks ago I was so ungodly impatient to have this baby I thought I was going to burst.

After a week plus of the flu, work finally ending for me... I'm not so impatient. I feel better than I have for a couple of weeks ... enjoying the naps in the afternoon, and few last nights of exclusively snuggling and spending time with my only ds (who's 8.. so this is a big adjustment for all of us!

I've been having labor contractions on and off yesterday and today... I figure it's going to happen soon enough and at the very least this baby had the sense to wait until the family was feeling on the up and up so that we could take care of it and not get it sick too!!
#11 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Well I am 41w today and I know that I will have my baby in the next 7 days but I am so done. I cried this morning just thinking about waking up pregnant again tomorrow but this is to be expected. I have went "over" 3 other times and been pregnant even longer than this so I know it will happen. I am just so ready to meet my baby. Hang in there ladies. It will happen.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#12 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 AM

I am 40 weeks and 1 day. Although I don't feel like I am really that far along. I have maintained that I would have this baby April 1st. My MW is saying the 28th. Either is fine with me. I am quite happy being pregnant currently. I might feel different in a couple of days. I have had some slight signs. Little bit of mucous, lots of BM's, some braxton hicks which feel more like menstrual cramps. So yeah at some point I'll have a newborn, and I am a bit terrified to do it all over again. I am also excited. So yeah.
#13 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM

40 weeks and 5 days.
we were so sure this baby would come sooner, that now every time i think about it or look in the mirror i cry. i can't sleep laying down or lay down at all and so i miss out on all the good pre baby snuggling with dh and dd. i am ready, but feel like it will be a while longer as nothing much going on.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#14 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 PM

40w 4 days here and I. AM. READY.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#15 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM

I'm 41 weeks today. I'm really uncomfortable but feeling very patient at the same time. I am about ready to scream at my MIL for bugging us constantly. As usual she tries to be proper so she never actually ASKS if I'm in labor but it is obviously the goal of her contact so it drives me up the frickin wall. I get that she is excited but I wish she would try and understand that it is so tough to be relaxed, patient and not feel pressured when someone is constantly calling/posting on facebook/commenting on the blog/emailing several times a day. I've just stopped answering.

I am facing a hospital induction at week 42 if baby hasn't emerged on its own so I'm stressing about that a bit. I go in to see the Midwife today and she will possibly strip my membranes then we have a NST/AFI scheduled for Thursday. I went in for my first acupuncture appt yesterday and have 2 more set up for Wed and Fri, with the hope that I don't make it to them. I've been having lots of random pains that may or may not be real contractions. Today will be my first internal exam so I'm trying to think happy, effaced and dilated thoughts.
#16 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
JMJ

Today's my due date too! My family has a history of going late, and so I always assumed that I would too... until contractions started 3 weeks ago, but here I am still pregnant. I'm just trying to stay active, cheerful and open and just let things happen like they're supposed to. I'm trying to keep my mind and body peaceful so as not to inhibit my baby's coming. Thankfully, my midwives are tremendously supportive and are not even mentioning the "I" word and probably never will. My daughter will come out exactly when she is ready.
#17 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM

40w4d here and I'm also ready! I thought for sure I'd be canceling the acupuncture appointment I have later today but it looks like I'll be going after all. I have my fingers crossed I'll be able to cancel the midwife appointment scheduled for Friday instead . All last week I was thinking that each day was still pretty nice to able to wrap things (house projects etc) up but now I'm pretty eager to meet my LO. I just want to hold him so badly! :
#18 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Yep... still here as well. I'm 39 weeks 4 days today. I have mixed feelings about going into labor. So, my baby is breech. IF I go into labor this week, up until Saturday, I can have my vaginal delivery. Saturday, the ONLY Dr. who will do it is going out of town for a week! He won't be back until APRIL 7th!!! So, labor next week means a C-section. Finally, if I STILL haven't gone into labor by the time he gets back I will go in on the 7th and get things going. WOWZERS. Complicated. Baby is calling the shots on this one.

treehugger.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsurf.gif

#19 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM

I'm 39 weeks, 6 days, and I can hardly believe I'm about to have a baby, I feel great, and energized. I've had some really bad low back pain today and lots of contractions, especially when I walk, but nothing regular at all. I told my midwife and doula that this time I'm not even calling them until I see bloody show - last baby I was in labour for like 10 hours before we got to that point - once the bloody show is there, I know baby means business LOL

I will see the midwife tomorrow and we will book a fetal assessment for 10 days post-dates, but I'm not asking to have membranes stripped or anything like that. Baby will come when he/she comes, at least I hope so. I wouldn't want to go beyond 42 weeks because then I would lose my homebirth, so I'm willing to try speeding things along once I'm 41w4d

Keep up the positivity ladies!
#20 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM

I'm 41 weeks and 6 days tomorrow. It's just gotta be soon, right?
#21 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 PM

Ooooh, MossbackMeadow, you may be next!!!
#22 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 PM

BethanneK - I have both my dad and my MIL calling everyday "checking". It is getting ridiculous. Not to mention I am talking to 2 of my sisters every day about it.

nalusj - Make sure to keep us updated! That is a pretty unpredictable situation! I hope you can avoid the c/s!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page