I feel like a warrior...*Updated, with Birth Story and PIC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday I gave birth to a very healthy baby boy. We have yet to have named him. I am still not fully in my body after the experience- birth story to come!

Baby boy- born at home in water at 8:13 last night
8 pounds four ounces
21 1/4 inches long

Congrats to all the mammas out there and to all those still waiting...

Here is a picture of us...
http://people.tribe.net/6dfd2c73-0c0...f-5d07c5e0fcfd

And a picture of me and my partner as I was pushing out the baby's head...
http://people.tribe.net/6dfd2c73-0c0...a-8b618f961f0d

And the story, which I could write a novel about, but this is the short version...

My partner and I had decided to make love, as we both felt it might help bring on labor and that it might be our last opportunity to share together in that way. Of course my water broke not long after the O and thus began a really intense journey for us. That was at about midnight. The contraction began almost instantly. I felt them low in my body and deep in my sacrum. I could lay down although I felt like I should rest. I felt ill and for the first time in my life welcomed throwing up as I felt it would help my body open. That began what to me I could only describe as a shamanic trance. My mind became fuzzy and everything started getting more and more intense. I tried the hypno birthing CD but couldn't focus on it...all I could do was rock my hips and deeply breath as a moaned. The midwives showed up sometime soon after and began setting up the tub in the birth sanctuary that we had created. There were two midwives and an apprentice. I was checked and had dialated to 6cm already so I could get into the tub. I was really excited and thought things would go quickly. I was moaning loud and deep. The water felt so good...I couldn't talk...I could think but I could articulate anything. I kept my eyes closed and spiraled my hips in the water. It was so incredibly intense. My other partner showed up and supported me so beautifully. He brushed my hair (which I don't remember), and both of them massaged me, and fed me and supported me non-stop. The tub was great but not helping me progress, so I moved onto a birthing stool which felt good. At this point the sun was coming up over the mountains and I was going deeper and deeper into the intensity of my internal world. I was checked again and was at 9cm...so close. I remember looking at my partner and crying...I just kept looking at him and saying "lover" in this pleading voice as I labored. I tried walking outside in nature and dancing and spiraling, but my legs just shook and I wanted to stay inside my world. There were 8 people now at my birth, and I was oblivious to what anyone was saying to me or what was happening. I have no idea what was happening with time, it just felt like a very long time. I went outside to the tub we had tucked in the mountainside. It was very magical as the horses gathered, they just stared at me in the tub and made strange noises, this was my favorite part besides the birth. But I was stuck, my cervix had a lip that just wouldn't give. I talked to the baby and kept feeling like he was stuck. The midwives told me that if I wanted to I could push through it and go forward. I wanted to get the baby out and felt the baby wanted to go forward to so I opted to PUSH! And push I did for many hours on the birth stool. It was primal, it was messy, and I went futher and further out into some place that I can't even describe. It felt like I was somewhere else, yet having this intense experience as my body opened. The baby's head began to emerge so I got in the pool. There I pushed as he gradually moved through me. My partner supported me from behind and the midwives helped support my pelvic floor. His head was born at 8:11 PM, it was amazing to touch the top of his head and feel him emerging from my body. The rest of his body shot out of me like a rocket and almost hit the other side of the pool. His cord was around his neck twice, but it was so long he wasn't effected by it. He was up on my chest in an instant and the room was filled with joy and tears. The placenta was born shortly after with a lot of blod. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen (besides my baby of course). The tree of life was pronounced and large and the maternal side so rich. The midwives said it was really large too. My other partner cut the cord about an hour later while I was being stitched and fed fruit with honey and almond butter. It was an amazing experience.
#2 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM

Congrats!!!:

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#3 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Congratulations! :

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#4 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 03:37 PM

You are a warrior, mama! Congratulations, can't wait to hear the story!
#5 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 04:10 PM

Congrats I can't wait to hear your birthstory!! Enjoy your baby!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#6 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 04:13 PM

congratulations!!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#7 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM

: Warrior Goddess! Congratulations!!!
#8 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 PM

::::::

Congratulations! I love the title of your post!

#9 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats! I feel like that too!::

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#10 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM

Congrats!!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#11 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Congratulations!!
:
#12 of 17 Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM

Congratulations!
#13 of 17 Old 03-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Congratulations, Mama Warrior!!!

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#14 of 17 Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 PM

congrats!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#15 of 17 Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM

great story & photos! Congratulations!!!
#16 of 17 Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 PM

Congratulations!!!!

I had a cervical lip too, and was stuck in transition for 6 hours because of it. I don't think I handled it as beautifully as you did. Well done, Mama!!!

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#17 of 17 Old 03-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Welcome to the World Sweet Baby!

Congrats!

:
Melissa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page