Anyone else missing the baby belly/being pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is going to sound crazy, but as much as I complained about being pregnant the last few weeks, I sometimes find myself missing that giant belly that was making me so miserable. In a way, being pregnant became a huge part of my identity for almost 10 months, especially once it was obvious to everyone else. I miss the attention to an extent, even though a couple of weeks ago I was sick of people asking me when I was due, etc. Now all the attention is on the baby.

Yes, being pregnant was tough, but in some ways I miss it. Now when I touch my stomach it doesn't feel like it's mine... it's all soft, and not gigantic. When I look in the mirror I don't quite recognize myself. Even though my baby is here now, I don't feel her moving on the inside, and that was so amazing and special. I'm almost afraid that I'll forget what that felt like.

DH and I haven't decided for sure whether we will have another child, and if we don't I will never get to experience that again. Even the birth, as physically draining and painful as it was, I can't imagine not getting to go through that again.

Is anyone else feeling this way? I swear, these postpartum hormones are like 10x stronger than anything I dealt with in pregnancy. Everything makes me emotional (good and bad) and sentimental. I can't wait to feel emotionally normal again.

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Totally. I miss feeling her moving around in there. I also feel so I don't know, special when pregnant. Like I share something with the baby that no one else can have.
#3 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM

I totally miss it! My ds was a bit over a week early, and I'm upset that I missed my last week of pregnancy. But my pregnancy was really quite easy and fun.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#4 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 02:46 PM

yup...totally feel the same way. I did last time too. it's hard. I mourned the pregnancy and birth for a really long time last time. I am hoping to pass through it faster this time. Pregnancy is special...and makes you feel special and everyone notices you and you are so beautiful and full of life. Who wouldn't miss that? Even it was hard sometimes, you are still gonna miss parts of it.

I felt a lot better once my body was back a bit...and once the hormones calmed down a little. It seems like it's never gonna happen and then it does. I'm saying this tomyself right now as much as I am to anyone else...know that I am experiencing these same emotions too. Everytime I think about it I cry a little...or maybe tear up is a better word for it. Last night I had a total breakdown and did some serious hard crying for about an hour. DH was perfect...thank god he is here for support. He reminded me that these feelings are normal and hopefully they will pass quickly.

I have found that Bach's Rescue Remedy helps me...as does getting sleep (hard, I know). Between the hormones, sleep deprivation, and new demands on our lives, it's hard.
#5 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Nope. For the most part, it's still there

Seriously, I'm pretty sure this is our last, and I'm relieved. It was a tough pregnancy and worse delivery.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#6 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM

Yesterday I took my first shower by myself and when I touched my belly it felt so strange. I miss the fullness of my belly and the blissful last days of just laying around waiting. But I am also very happy that my baby is here and I have my body back!
#7 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM

yeah...it is nice to have my body back...i will agree with that one! I can't wait until I can run, jump, and play again!! Right now, my body aches even after a short walk. I think I injured my coccyx (sp?) during the birth. Ouch!
#8 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM

I miss the belly, too. Every time I bump myself in the stomach, I instinctually wait for her to kick I miss that.
#9 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 PM

Heck no!

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#10 of 21 Old 03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
JMJ

Not yet, but it hasn't even been 2 days yet...
#11 of 21 Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM

I wandered if /i would, but . . . not at all!

I loved being pregnant, but it turns out, I really love not being pregnant!

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#12 of 21 Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM

nope I dont miss it. I love having a baby but I do not do well in pregnancy. I did think we were done but now I'm not sure

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#13 of 21 Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM

I have to say not yet though I am sure I will. I am only 3 days PP and also this being my 5th it makes it a little different. I have always loved pretty round baby bellies though and I see myself being jealous of pregnant mamas in my future!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#14 of 21 Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 PM

You ladies are welcome to take over for me!
#15 of 21 Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliaceae View Post
Heck no!
:
#16 of 21 Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM

No! LOL

I sometimes, however, feel sad that I wasted my beautiful pregnancy consumed with fear of birth- which turned out to be the most amazing thing I ever did. Oh, well...
#17 of 21 Old 04-03-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhWhatNow View Post
No! LOL

I sometimes, however, feel sad that I wasted my beautiful pregnancy consumed with fear of birth- which turned out to be the most amazing thing I ever did. Oh, well...
I'm so glad it turned out to be great for you! That makes me tear up.

-
#18 of 21 Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I'm so glad it turned out to be great for you! That makes me tear up.
Awww, thanks!
#19 of 21 Old 04-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Not at all. I'm so totally done and never thought I'd feel this way, ever. Kinda freeing really. This pregnancy was so trying on my body those last few weeks, I really don't want to do it again.

I want my belly gone! I want a svelt body and strong arms and legs. Soon!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#20 of 21 Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 PM

As huge and miserable as I was, I totally miss it! Not that I want to do that again, but when I feel my poor floppy abs, I can't help but miss my pregnant tummy.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#21 of 21 Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I missed it the second damn day after.

My partner is adamant about this one being our last, and it is so bittersweet. I hope the emotions surrounding everything lift soon, I am fighting tears every time I think that I will never feel some little person hammering away at my ribs from the inside again.

I console myself by saying that in my next life I am marrying someone who wants 10 kids. And I am going to have all 10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page