4 weeks PP and I've got a period! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This happened with my twins three years ago -- but they were premature and I was only able to pump so I attributed it to that.

This baby nurses around the clock and has never gone more than 3 hours without needing to nurse. What gives?!

Anyone know what factors are involved in the period being delayed or not with exclusive bfing??
#2 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM

DDC crashing, I am ssssssssooooooooooo sorry. I almost always get my first period at 6 weeks Postpartum, but here I am 6 weeks and no period :
It's most likely right around the corner though :
#3 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Another crasher but just wanted to say that I got my period back after all three of my babes - one at 28d, one 30, and the last was around there somewhere too. I EBF all three - a bottle never touched their lips (with breast milk I'd expressed) til 6wks....

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#4 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

I started bleeding a little late April 1st, babe was born March 2nd... so what is that 29-30 days? : I was worried, thought I had injured myself internally(had a c-sec)... but it finally dawned on me this morning that this is a freaking period. Well, better to have a period than to be injured anyway.

At least I now know I'm not the only one -- thanks for sharing... does anyone know why though?
#5 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Your body is just super fertile!

I always get mine back at 6-8 weeks. Even with EBF...sucks. sorry

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#6 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM

It might just be lochia returning! I had that happen last time around 4 weeks but then didn't actually get a period until 16 months post partum

I am thinking I'm going to get mine back sooner this time though because this baby sleeps so well at night, 5 hour stretches! I guess I can't complain about that.
#7 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 05:32 PM

dude that sucks

i'm still bleeding slightly, and i'm almost 6 weeks pp, if that makes you feel any better. mostly just spotting here and there at this point, but it feels like it's never going to freaking end.

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#8 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

I was bleeding a bit for the first 3 weeks and have been having a hard time healing -- so when I saw the blood the first thing I thought was that I had overdone it and the lochia was returning... but I know 'Aunt Flo' well and with the way I feel and how heavy the bleeding is now, it really couldn't be anything else.
#9 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 PM

I'm pretty sure anything within about 50-56 days after birth is still considered post-partum bleeding. Hopefully it'll turn out to not be your period & you'll still get a few months without one.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#10 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 PM

You're sure you ovulated?

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
#11 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 PM

not in your club but had to jump in

Any bleeding before 6 weeks PP is considered lochia. It can start and spot in the time. Now if you did indeed 'get your period' then that would mean that you ovulated about 14 days ago. That would mean that you ovulated just two weeks after giving birth. I think that is possible but rare.

I stopped bleeding 3 weeks PP. One week later I had fertal quality cervical fluid. I wasn't sure if I was ovulation but I kept an eye out. Two weeks later (at 6 weeks PP) I had a period.
#12 of 14 Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwavemomma View Post
You're sure you ovulated?
I've been so busy with a newborn, two three year olds and trying to recover from a c-section I didn't notice anything... but this is most certainly a period.. same old yuck, hormonal, increase in appetite/thirst, more bms, feeling a little cold and nauseated and the bleeding is very different from my lochia and exactly like my period.

I got it back 4 weeks after my twins too, but like I said I thought it was b/c I was only pumping and unable to breastfeed. The NICU nurses didn't believe it could happen so quick... but 26 days later(I have regular 26 day cycles) it came again, then again and again...
#13 of 14 Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 PM

I wanted to add that even though I got my period, I was not fertile, at all. My fertility comes back around the 16 month mark. I can tell when it does.
#14 of 14 Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne View Post
I wanted to add that even though I got my period, I was not fertile, at all. My fertility comes back around the 16 month mark. I can tell when it does.
That's interesting, I just assumed getting a period means you ovulated.. I'm pretty sure it does for me.

I think my body is a little 'too' fertile... too bad I have horrible pregnancies and labors that have all ended in surgery. I had serious issues with milk supply with my twins too.. barely had enough milk for one baby much less two... yet there are moms of singletons out there who could easily produce enough milk for triplets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page