Feeling sad - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had my last post-natal with my midfwife today. she has been my midwife throughout my last 3 pregnancies and births, i have known her for years. feeling sad now
#2 of 2 Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah...i know this feeling. My MW called yesterday to make an appointment for ours. I got emotional and sad just thinking about it all being over. It's hard because its a special time and we are all so hormonal so that doesnt' help it much. is this your last baby? DS is our last..and also our MW has stopped practicing (we were her second to last birth) and actually, she is pretty emotional about it too. She'll probably go back but right now she is working on another project while she puts her 3 kids through college.

But yeah, how come it's so hard to let this time go? My theory is that when new babies come into our life, we are in another state emotionally (sometimes I feel like I am in the twilight zone). And, as time goes on we move away from this state and, at least for me, my memories of the birth kinda fade a bit - i think b/c i was in a different state emotionally at the birth than I am now (again, those damn hormones!). It's not like i forget the details but I forget the feeling. I know that I felt amazing those frist 2 days after he was born, but i can't really remember just what that felt like. It's so strange. i get really worked up about it sometimes. It's hard.

so...hugs to you too mama! I'm with ya!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page