Haven't had my period in over a YEAR! Woohoo! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unless you count postpartum bleeding, which did suck b/c for me it lasted on & off for 5.5 weeks. Other than that, I've not had a *real* period for over a year. It started June 1, 2008. Woohoo! I love that benefit of being pregnant and now of exclusive breastfeeding. :

However, I am a little paranoid about getting it back once I'm back at work and going longer periods without actual nursing vs. pumping while I'm there. Anyone else worried? Anyone get their real period back yet? Weird thing is, I saw what appeared to be EWCM a couple of days ago.

ETA: Off-topic, but anybody notice that we are now at the TOP of the DDC list? : Makes me nostalgic for the early days when everyone was still posting & we were all so excited/talking about stuff.

-
#2 of 12 Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 PM

I know! This whole not getting your period things is awesome! I don't even know if I'll remember what to do when it returns!
#3 of 12 Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Woo-hoo! My menstrual cycle started May 28th!

Edit: 2008!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#4 of 12 Old 06-07-2009, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had some weird bleeding when I was pg but didn't have a real period since May 22 (I think) of last year.
#5 of 12 Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah my last period started June 1, 2008 (easy enough to remember). I had some faint pink spotting when I was first pregnant, followed by some slightly darker spotting at about 5.5 weeks and 8 weeks. Freaked me out, but obviously things turned out OK!

-
#6 of 12 Old 06-07-2009, 01:33 PM

I got my real period back this month. UGH!!! It had been over a year bc my last period was in April 08 (we did IVF, so they had me on BC with no period right before we got pregnant) I was sooo annoyed when I started again. I am a SAHM and I exclusively breastfeed so it was totally unexpected. I can only guess its because my little man started sleeping though the night (9-12 hours) when he was 8 weeks old and AF showed when he was 12 weeks. It was tough bc my milk supply went to CRAP during that week. My poor baby had to nurse every two hours and was CRANKY about it. THANKFULLY my milk came back after I stopped bleeding. So it's back to businiess as usual around here again, that is until NEXT MONTH!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#7 of 12 Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 AM

It has almost been a year as of June 15th or so. I will have to start pumping at the end of the summer when I go back to school so that change may bring it back but usually I get a break until my babes are 18 mths! I love it.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#8 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

I spoke too soon. Looks like AF is on her way, and DD is only 12 weeks old. : I started spotting a little bit yesterday, but nothing full-on yet. No cramps, though, which is unusual for me.

-
#9 of 12 Old 06-10-2009, 03:51 PM

mine came back almost 1 year to the day - may 28th. no cramps and light bleeding for 4 days. huge improvement from pre-preg days.

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#10 of 12 Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbelewe View Post
mine came back almost 1 year to the day - may 28th. no cramps and light bleeding for 4 days. huge improvement from pre-preg days.
Yeah, I've not had any cramps, and I ALWAYS do. It's just been very tiny amoonts of very pale spotting for like 3 days now. Pink and brown... just like 11 months ago.

-
#11 of 12 Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 PM

i am DEF not complaining. my af used to be hell.

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#12 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

It stopped... never went past very subtle spotting. : I posted something about it in the Fertility forum, but no responses so far.

-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page