SO HAPPY to be here!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2008, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mammas!! I just found out this morning that I am pregnant again, and am ecstatic! Like many of you, I also had a m/c recently (in February---gosh, February was a bad month for babies, wasn't it?---at 11 weeks.) So I'm feeling scared, but totally believe this baby will stick! It is so awesome to have a life inside me again!!! We are thrilled.

Well, only about 8 1/2 months to go, and I intend to savor every minute of it! I'm thinking this will be our last, as he/she will be our fifth, and I think we can STOP after this! It was hard to talk DH into this one, I can tell you, LOL.

I've been having real, nasty nausea from the moment of implantation this time, which I've only ever had once before. Also I got dizzy last night and had to lie down, but I think that (and the nausea) are from my progesterone supplements. At least I have some symptoms! I know that is a good sign. I'm either hungry or nauseous, there seems to be not much middle ground.

Wow, all I can say is wow. I'm SO EXCITED. I feel like telling the whole world. I'll probably wait a few months though. Or a few days.

OK, time to take my other kids swimming. It's freakin hot here and we need to swim!!!

Sticky baby vibes and joy to us all!! What a happy, happy day!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations and welcome!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 AM

Yay, mama!

Yep-- we *should* wait to tell people, especially when you've been down the road you've been down, BUT it's so hard, isn't????

I like to think I subscribe to the theory that if I *do* have a m/c, I would need even more support from my family and friends so they should know. But I have never had more than a couple chemical EARLY m/c (before missed period) so I don't know what you've been through, mama. hugs....

So, my point is-- I'm with you-- I will try SO hard not tell everyone, but in the end everyone will probably know by the end of the week

At least we have this group for support! Hurray!

Love, Vanessa

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM

congrats and welcome! I told my mom already but I think I'll wait until I hear the heartbeat to tell others.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM

Congrats!

We have only told our midwife so far.

We want to tell our families by putting one of those "I'm going to be a bib sister" shirts on DD. It's been ordered - we'll tell people when it comes
Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 PM

Congrats freestyler!!!! Sticky baby vibes to everyone!!!

It's been so hard not to shout it from the rooftops for us... we're telling our parents, siblings, & best friends right away, and then waiting till the 2nd trimester to tell everyone else.

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessed View Post
We want to tell our families by putting one of those "I'm going to be a bib sister" shirts on DD. It's been ordered - we'll tell people when it comes
That is exactly what we are doing (well except ours will say "I'm going to be a big brother" )

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 AM

Congrats! I've already told MDC, the other message board, my BFF, and my sister. hehe. I'm gonna call my parents tonight and we'll tell DH's parents next week when we're up visiting. Then I'll try and wait after that for a while.

Homebirthing mama of 2

User Tag List