How many HPT's have you taken?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious if there are any other POAS addicts here

I have taken three (so far)

First one was last Saturday when I realized that my period was a few days late - I was nursing my DS when I saw (that was my reaction...didn't even really consider the actual possibility...)

Second one was on Sunday - just in case I had a faulty test the day before ....HAHAHAHA

Third one was today....just needed to keep it real (that second line came faster and darker than I have ever seen....)

I still have two tests left in my cupboard...what is the sense of keeping them around for 10+ months....

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#2 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 PM

2... My first last night at 12dpo, then I tested again at the urging of a friend this morning, but freaked myself out b/c it took a while to pop up and was still very light. So I think I'm done POASing... I have a beta HcG scheduled for tomorrow and Monday, so that'll do.

Homebirthing mama of 2
#3 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM

I've taken 3. I think I'm done now. I won't really believe it until I hear a heartbeat though.
#4 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 06:27 PM

I took four of the Dollar store New Choice tests.
#5 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh my god...an embarrassing amount. I actually *stopped* using HPTs altogether for several months (I was certain I'd never conceive), so it's like all of that abstaining set me up to go overboard when the time finally came. (And also meant that I had a bunch on-hand.)

Let's see...I took my first test on Tuesday morning, followed immediately by another. And I took three more throughout the day. The next day (yesterday), I took two. And today, I took one, and I think that'll be it for the day. See, I'm showing more self-control now.

I thought about lining them all up and taking a picture, but now my digital test (the test I took second on the first day) has lost its words. At any rate, so far I have taken, in this order, 1 First Response, 1 Clearblue Easy Digital, 1 Answer, 1 First Response, 1 Accu-Clear (store-brand), 1 EPT, another Accu-Clear (this one was different, though, with a pink + sign instead of 2 lines), and 1 EPT.

I'm currently...let's see...17 DPO and my tests have all been very clear and dark for days now, even in the evening, so I should probably get the message by now, huh?! I think I have 3 tests left lying around the bathroom cupboard, and I'll see how well I can do at not using them!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#6 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Over the whole journey, about 4. I've only taken one that was positive. It was the first one out of a box of 5!

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#7 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 PM

4!!!!!

10 dpo got a BFN
12 dpo got a faint BFP
14 dpo slightly darker and now I was happy and sure enough to settle into my pregnancy :
did one more at 16 dpo for DH as the previously lines hadn't been dark enough for him : (besides, didn't want to leave any tests behind!)

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#8 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 PM

You guys inspired me to take another one.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#9 of 35 Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Oh my god...an embarrassing amount. I actually *stopped* using HPTs altogether for several months (I was certain I'd never conceive), so it's like all of that abstaining set me up to go overboard when the time finally came. (And also meant that I had a bunch on-hand.)

Let's see...I took my first test on Tuesday morning, followed immediately by another. And I took three more throughout the day. The next day (yesterday), I took two. And today, I took one, and I think that'll be it for the day. See, I'm showing more self-control now.

I thought about lining them all up and taking a picture, but now my digital test (the test I took second on the first day) has lost its words. At any rate, so far I have taken, in this order, 1 First Response, 1 Clearblue Easy Digital, 1 Answer, 1 First Response, 1 Accu-Clear (store-brand), 1 EPT, another Accu-Clear (this one was different, though, with a pink + sign instead of 2 lines), and 1 EPT.

I'm currently...let's see...17 DPO and my tests have all been very clear and dark for days now, even in the evening, so I should probably get the message by now, huh?! I think I have 3 tests left lying around the bathroom cupboard, and I'll see how well I can do at not using them!
You sound just like me my first pregnancy...hahaha Once I got that positive I just couldn't believe it....I kept taking more tests (lots of different kinds...I didn't know about the Dollar Tree tests then). I actually do have pictures of all the positive tests lined up...

I have been taking pregnancy tests on and off for the past several months...my period came back right around when my son was 12mo, and because it has been so irregular, I have been taking tests the past 6 months, because I just wasn't sure....

I think that is why I was so surprised with this LO....I was just expecting a long cycle month....hehehe

And oh...to update my OP....my total # of tests for this pregancy would actually be 4, since I took one at 11dpo that was negative....it was the next test at 20dpo that was positive.....

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#10 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 10:34 AM

Just one this morning. It's faint, so I will be peeing on some more sticks!!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#11 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 12:14 PM

1 hpt ... that is it.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#12 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 PM

hehe so glad I'm not the only one!!! I took the first at 10 DPO, not expecting anything, shocked to get a BFP, took another at 12 DPO, BFP again! and I still don't think it has sunk in... I have another box of 3, so I'll probably use those up in the next few weeks!

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

#13 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Since the first BFP, I've taken 3 more...DH gets excited and wants to see two lines again!

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#14 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 04:51 PM

Just 1, but will be testing again tomorrow morning. I wanted to wait a couple of days to test again. I still haven't told my hubby yet!! I wanted to take a second test first. So I'll share the news with him tomorrow!!
#15 of 35 Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 PM

7. After multiple losses, I'm a little obsessive. I took the first one at 11dpo. Wasn't really expecting anything, even though I knew I was pregnant, I don't usually get positives that early, but I got a very faint one. Took one the next day & the next. Then was away for a few days. Tested again as soon as I got hom (17dpo), then on 19dpo, 20dpo & 22dpo. I'm glad I have a bunch of really cheap tests from testsforless.com. I've kept the last 4 & have a pic of the 17, 19 & 20 ones. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...s/PICT0004.jpg

Today's came up before I even put the stick down and was the darkest yet.

I only tested once with ds1 & ds2, so I have no idea what's up with this obsessiveness. It might have started with my first miscarriage, since I tested 3 times and watched the line get fainter.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#16 of 35 Old 06-29-2008, 03:03 AM

I'm not much of a tester - I've known every time by my body's signs...but of course still poas once just to have a tangible object to show dh I also only ever use dollar store tests...I'm cheap!

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#17 of 35 Old 06-29-2008, 11:06 AM

I tested again this mornign... up to two now... think I am done testing as I have none left.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#18 of 35 Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Tested a second time this morning using a digital and "Pregnant" showed up within a minute. I feel better since I felt like the other day the line was so faint.
#19 of 35 Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 PM

Three, but the 1st two were to early I think.

Also took a left over OPK test, It really does show up positive for pregnancy!!

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

#20 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 AM

Laura - do you know how many DPO were you when you took the OPK as an HPT and got a positive (and did you take it with your first pee in the morning)? i've been playing with OPKs for days now (i have a bunch left over) and have yet to get even a faint line, even though my HPTs are all dark. i'm...20 DPO now. i hope this doesn't mean anything bad!

#21 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Laura - do you know how many DPO were you when you took the OPK as an HPT and got a positive (and did you take it with your first pee in the morning)? i've been playing with OPKs for days now (i have a bunch left over) and have yet to get even a faint line, even though my HPTs are all dark. i'm...20 DPO now. i hope this doesn't mean anything bad!
Well, today is when my period SHOULD have started. Im not real sure how many dpo I am. It was in the middle of the day thou. same with the preg test. Im not sure if I o'd early, or what.

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

#22 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 01:45 PM

I've taken 3 HPT, the last one was the only POS one.
#23 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM

Laura,

Ack! My period was due a week ago. I wonder why I'm only getting one line on my OPKs still. Must...not...worry.

#24 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 04:24 PM

OPK's really aren't that accurate as pregnancy tests http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

So, do I win a prize for having done the most tests?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#25 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Laura,

Ack! My period was due a week ago. I wonder why I'm only getting one line on my OPKs still. Must...not...worry.
I would not worry. Hubby thinks I must be having twins, cuz my tests came up so dark, lol.

#26 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 PM

Yeah, I'll try not to worry. I'm just curious as to why mine are so darn negative! My HPTs are nice and dark, and I'm 21 DPO, you'd think I'd get at least a faint line on the OPKs by now!

Ah, I guess it might have something to do with this:

"Finally, research has shown there are actually different kinds of hCG. In some cases (most common in early pregnancy, or in pregnancies with chromosomal abnormalities) the hCG molecule may become "nicked" or "cleaved" (partially or completely separating into its alpha and beta units.) Ovulation tests may not recognize (cross-react) with all types of hCG molecules, and may be falsely negative during pregnancy."

Now, let's just hope it's the "early pregnancy" case rather than the other!

#27 of 35 Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 PM

I just took another one this afternoon, and that line still is not as dark as I'd like to see. But it was a little darker than the first one. Keeping my hopes up! I'm definitely having symptoms, so that's good, I think.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#28 of 35 Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 AM

hi, I've gone OCD on this.. I love seeing the two lines.

1 on 10dpo (friday)
1 on Saturday
1 on Sunday
1 today

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my HCG and progesterone test. I am happy because I've enjoyed watching the line get darker.. which helps me after my previous two losses..
#29 of 35 Old 07-01-2008, 01:19 AM

Only one test here. It was an old digital I had left from when we were TTC dd. I don't see any reason to take another one. No way I could of misread Pregnant.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#30 of 35 Old 07-01-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm up to 5 so far, 3 too early so they were all negative, and the positive ones yesterday and today. I'm sure I'll use my last two in the next few days, I mean what good are they now anyways?

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page