Anyone PAL (pregnant after loss)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed that in the Feb DDC they had a thread of people PAL, and I thought it would be a good idea here too.

Before we had ds, I had one chemical pregnancy. The we were blessed with Cy who will be 4 in August. Last November, I had a m/c at 14 weeks.

I am very hopeful this time, and trying to surround myself with positive sticky baby thoughts.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have some support for one another during our anxious and hopeful times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 PM

I had a chemical pregnancy between Alden and this baby. I am praying this baby sticks around and has a good strong heartbeat when we check!
#3 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM

I have two sons ages 4 and 6. We had a m/c in feb. 08 at 6 weeks and are now due March 1, 2009.

Still cautious with this one until I reach that 6 week milestone. LOTS of symptoms this time, and my hormone levels tested good with bloodwork so far, so let's hope for a sticky babe this time!
#4 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

So are you already telling people, or will you wait?
#5 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 07:11 PM

I've had multiple miscarriages. 6 between ds1 & ds2 & a bunch of 'chemical' pregnancies since ds2. 22dpo and 7 postitive tests atm. I'm a little scared to start posting here so early, even though I've already calculated that I'll be due March 1 if this one sticks.

I've told a very few people, the ladies in pregnancy after loss and a very close group of on-line friends who know about my other losses and won't say anything stupid if I lose this one. Only 1 RL friend knows, though.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM

I miscarried our fifth baby in February. It was awful, even though I was only 12 weeks and had a painless D & C. Just mentally, it was awful.

Still, I have a really good, good feeling that this blessing will stick! : He/she is a strong and enthusiastic little bugger!

I'm not waiting to tell people. I hate being afraid and not telling people out of fear I could lose this baby. So I tell everyone I know!! And even people I don't!! :

My heart goes out to those of you who have had losses. It is really a terrible thing to go through. Hugs.

I'm SO thriled to be pregnant again, just so happy that my body is working again and this little soul is giving it another shot. Finally we will get to meet him or her!!!
#7 of 11 Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 PM

I have had 4 miscarriages in the last 2 1/2 years. I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I pray that this one sticks and I will pray for all of us on this board.
#8 of 11 Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM

Just wanted to give and support to you all-- I'm in the Feb DDC but am due pretty late in the month (I'm only 5 1/2 weeks) so I'm kind of lurking here, too.

Concadmom2-- I know what you mean about trying to get past the milestone at which you miscarried previously... I just want to get to six weeks, then to ten weeks, then past twelve, since those are the points at which I've m/c'd before.

to everybody here!

P.S. Freestyler-- congratulations! :

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#9 of 11 Old 06-30-2008, 04:00 PM

I had an m/c last year at 10/11 weeks. Not good. However, this time I am feeling so different. Apart from the fact that my life is much better and more stable and that this pregnancy was planned, it just feels right. I feel great and so excited about being a mum of 2! :
#10 of 11 Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 AM

I have had two losses since January, both early, about 5-6 weeks....I am telling a few people (but not DH, waiting for his b-day!), because I feel really good about this one and also I am taking prometrium this time around, since I am also nursing my son. Congrats, ladies!
#11 of 11 Old 07-01-2008, 01:32 AM

HI, I've had two miscarriages since having my boys (ages 3 and 5). One at just over 9 weeks, my due date was 8-8-08. Miscarried and D&C on 1-08-08.. (yes, I was starting to dislike 8's) Then got pregnant in April and had a new due date of 1-08-09 (I thought it was a sign that all was going to be OK) Miscarried at 5 weeks. Now on progesterone and pregnant again 3rd time in 8 months. It's been a long year.. Hoping this one sticks... My HPT lines are super dark this time and I am feeling good about that. I go to the doc tomorrow for bloodwork.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page