March 2009 Mamas Fitness Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have learned SO much from MDC and the resources I've been directed to from this site. One of the most important things I've learned is how very, very important it is for Mama to be healthy (I'd always thought that I was really supposed to eat for two )

Keeping in mind that each of us should check with our midwife/ob to determine how much exercise is appropriate, I'd like to start an fitness thread for anyone to needs some encouragement to keep moving! Wanna join?

Here's a little about my pregnancy fitness goals:

DH recently started trail hiking at some of the parks around our home. We've been going 3-4 times and week and will continue to do so through the summer. This fall, we will probably start prenatal yoga and will start walking more flat surfaces as my center of gravity changes

I am not concerned about how much weight I gain during pregnancy, but will follow the Brewer diet to make sure Baby is getting everything (s)he needs. I'd love to be one of those super cute preggo ladies who only gains weight in her belly, but only if it comes naturally.

Anyone else?

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#2 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 01:21 PM

I wish I had time to have a "fitness routine! :
I have 4 other children so that keeps me moving quite a bit! But, I do plan on going for daily walks because the kids love that!
#3 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM

I am very interested in being a "fit mama" during and after pregnancy. I read "Exercising through your Pregnancy" by James Clapp, which was a FANTASTIC book. I highly recommend it.

My goals are to continue running 3+ days/week and do some other cardio/weights on the other days. I'll enjoy the support from this thread!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#4 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 02:56 PM

I stayed very active while pregnant with my son and hope to do the same this time around. I've been continuing my normal routine of pilates twice a week and jogging 3x a week since I found out I was pregnant.
#5 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 05:35 PM

In a few weeks I'll probably start doing some exercise, possibly go back to going for walks & doing ddr, maybe some prenatal yoga. I should really dig out 'Exercise for the Childbearing Year' too. When I'm sure this baby will stick. Since I'm doing a UP, I decide what exercise is appropriate, when. Since I'm getting cramps whenever I do much more than very basic housework atm, excercise can wait a bit.

With ds1 I gained 10 pounds & with ds2 I didn't gain anything, which meant I weighed less than when I started with both of them. Sadly I've put that weight back on, but hopefully moving a bit more this time around will get rid of it. So long as baby is growing well, I don't need to try to put on weight (plus-size mama).

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 07:48 PM

I plan on keeping up with my fitness routine for as long as I feel comfortable doing so...

I teach Pilates about 8hrs/wk, and I am pretty active while doing so. In addition I work out on my own for about an hour each week.

I am also a professional dancer and I have performances scheduled for the beginning of September and the end of November. I rehearse three days a week for about 4 or 5 hours. I was able to perform until 6.5mo during my last pregnancy, and I am praying I will be able to do the same this time!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#7 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM

I don't have an exercise regime per se, but we bike or walk almost everywhere. I'll probably have to lay off of that for a bit this summer b/c of the heat, but I plan on keeping that up as much as possible. We probably go 2-3 miles a day.

I gained about 45 pounds in my last pregnancy (which was only 30 weeks), but I blame that on the 10 weeks of crazy strict hospital bedrest and the hospital food. Who would've thought a hospital would serve so many fried things?

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page