New Here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!
I just got a bfp on Sat. and was kind of shocked, but it sinking in and I was happy to find this forum!

I have 3 children by a previous marriage, they are 17,15 and 13.

I have a baby boy who is 15 months with my dh of 3 yrs. We were thinking of maybe trying for another one in Dec, but got an early surprise! I am still nursing and was feeling ready to wean him, although he does not seem ready, so now I am pg and not sure what to do about that. Kind of ready to have a break from it, but not at his expense.

I had a mc before baby # 4. I was blindsided by that and took it very hard. I did become pg with #4 the next month after that. so I am kind of accepting of the fact that it could happen again as I am 41, and I guess as you get older its more likely. I do not have many symptoms yet, mainly just tired and my brain feels fried! I am totally spacing out on everything!

All 4 of my babies were born at home with midwives. They were all great experiences.

My 2 sons are not circumsized and none of my kids have had any vaccines.

So I was happy to find a forum with others who think the same and am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Congrats to everyone who is PG!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM

Welcome and congrats!!! :::
As far as bfing while pg goes, when I was pg with #4 my daughter weaned herself at 14 months as I was entering my second trimester. The milk had gradually disappeared and she was perfectly content to stop. We co-sleep though so she still had that snuggle experience with me. You might find the same thing happens with your son. I know it's normal to lose your milk while pg, but some people don't so you can just wait and see!
#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Welcome and Congrats!!!

I am still nursing my 18 month old and have no plans to wean. This will be my 3rd pregnancy to nurse through. It has its challenges, but is totally worth it for us. At least I will of had a one year break from tandem nursing before it starts up again.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#4 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM

Congrats!

I'm still nursing my 3.5yo. She says she'll quit when the baby comes.

I'm kind of hoping she'll quit sooner. But she still nurses twice, and sometimes three times a day. We shall see...

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#5 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM

Congratulations to you girlie. I'm nursing a 16 month old right now 3 times a day, and haven't decided what to do about weaning. I'm finding it difficult to nurse her with the nipple sensitivity gradually increasing every day, but she isn't ready to end the relationship and so I'm not either.
#6 of 6 Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM

Welcome to MDC! Congrats on #5!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page