Hbac? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am planning a home birth after my first DD was born via cesarean. I am still looking for a midwife in my area that will take a VBAC patient on, but it is still really early, so I am not worried. Anyone else?

W (26) and C (27) parenting G (11/06 ) and D (2/09 ) plus a new one (3/11)
Sometimes the greener grass is actually AstroTurf, a false promise and nothing more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Me too. It is actually against the law here for midwives to attend a VBAC, so I'm having to either find someone who will do it "under the table" or someone unlicensed.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Me, too. I would even be happy with a birthing center, but it is also illegal here to do any vbac out of the hospital. I don't get it; it's perfectly legal to smoke, drink, etc., all through your pregnancy, but it is illegal for me to give birth in the place that I think is healthiest and safest for myself and my child? ug. good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 PM

I'm hoping to have a VBAC, but not at home because DH is totally against it. I found a nice group of ob/gyns nearby who are very vbac friendly and deliver at a hospital that I'm comfortable with (I was admitted in their labor and delivery ward when I had mastitis, and it was great).
Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 PM

I'm planning a second UBAC.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List