Losing hair, and libido? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-05-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is that normal? I guess teh libido thing in the first trimester is, but the hair? I remember with DS1 that I stopped shedding at some point in that pregnancy, I thought fairly early, but don't really remember. But now, at 4 weeks, 5 days, every time I touch my head, a hair or more comes out. I just showered and had a whole collection in the drain.
#2 of 5 Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 AM

I did the same this when pregnant with dd. It really worried me because I did not shed at all when pregnant with the boys. Just yesturday I lost several strands when I was braiding it. I hope I am not going to lose it like I did last time. I may not have any left. I did have my midwife run a thyroid test and we talked about what might be causing it last time. We did not find anything wrong and it eventually stopped falling out around 5 months pp.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#3 of 5 Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 AM

I would say just about anything can be within the realm of "normal" in pregnancy. Everyone is different. I've personally not experienced losing hair in pregnancy, but I'm sure others have. It'll probably subside. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it though. Your mw might want to check your thyroid.

Losing libido... totally normal. Some women have an increase in their libido and some totally lose it.
#4 of 5 Old 07-05-2008, 12:37 PM

Actually, since about two days before I tested, I've felt really really horny. Problem is when we started to have sex a few days ago, it was a little uncomfortable, and I'm kind of paranoid of irritating my cervix too much. Such a dilemma.

-
#5 of 5 Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 PM

I lost hair pp before. I has my thyroid tested, because it just kept coming out. Basically it is just a hormone thing and it will taper off. After my m/c it was about 2 months I think. I would imagine that it might be about the same with pregnancy.

And, I too have no sex drive. Poor deprived dh....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page