1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate (I used the unfrozen kind)
1/2 cup butter/margarine
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (I used the powered kind and reconstituted it according to the directions)
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine the flour, wheat germ, and baking soda in a large bowl
3. Combine the juice concentrate, butter, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the cocoa mixture after it is done boiling, beat until smooth.
5. Add the buttermilk, egg, egg whites, and vanilla and beat until mixed. It should be smooth and thick.
6. Add walnuts if doing so.
7. Pour the batter into a 15X10 pan, make sure it's greased. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Knife should be clean when inserted when they are done. Cool before you cut them.
3 Brownies= 1 whole grain serving. Makes 35 2x2 inch brownies.
Came from "What to Eat when You're Expecting by Eisenberg, Mukoff and Hathaway"
Here is the end result in the pan:http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...earpics193.jpg