PAL (Pregnancy after Loss) Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
feeling MUCH more positive - got my two beta draw results back and my numbers tripled in 2 days and are right at median!! :

I know that things can always go wrong, but I'm further along than I was last time - so I am just : :

But, DH on the other hand - he's being SO guarded this time!! I KNOW he really wants this baby and is just being cautious - but his "unexcited" tone is just annoying me!!! I want someone to share in my :!!! Anyone else dealing with this?

"luckily" we get an early u/s at our new dr's office (I'm sticking w/them until then!!) in 3 weeks - I'm hoping that will snap him out of it!!

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 PM

Good luck to all the mamas getting early u/s. And to those of who have to wait and wonder!

Blessings to you all.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 AM

went in for my u/s today. the tech said they don't do them before 8 weeks (i am 6 weeks). not ever. not even if you cry appearently. why oh why did they not tell me this over the phone when i made the appt or before i waited for 45 minutes? what a waste of a half day of work for peter.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Oh Aja, that sucks, I am so sorry.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:24 AM

Aja, that's really a bad policy. Can yo switch care providers??? My OB will do as many u/s as you want, but generally wants to wait until after 6 weeks so there is something to see. Before 6 weeks, really being able to tell anything is hard. But your care providers sound cruddy---can you switch? After all, you're the paying customer, you have to get what YOU want!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler View Post
Aja, that's really a bad policy. Can yo switch care providers??? My OB will do as many u/s as you want, but generally wants to wait until after 6 weeks so there is something to see. Before 6 weeks, really being able to tell anything is hard. But your care providers sound cruddy---can you switch? After all, you're the paying customer, you have to get what YOU want!
i actually have a midwife i am planning to use for prenatal care and the birth. i was just going to this office for an u/s. : i think i probably will go back for that last appt on the 5th for an u/s. i don't really want to try to find someone else that can get me in soon and will see me knowing i'm not planning to use them for anything else.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 AM

I'm finally going to post and admit that I am pregnant... I've been lurking here since I found out I am pregnant, but with three previous m/c, I am just very nervous.

I have been spotting and bleeding off and on for the past week. But I had my HCG levels checked and they are doubling nicely, I am just concerned about my prog. It was 20.5 the first day of the blood draw, and two days later, it was 17.8... is it normal to fluctuate like that? Everything I find on the internet says that prog levels increase throughout the preg...but are there fluctuations at all?

I am calling my MW tomorrow, and hopefully we can do a us this week. At 7 wks, I should be able to see a hb and more **fingers crossed**
Old 07-27-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz1 View Post
I'm finally going to post and admit that I am pregnant... I've been lurking here since I found out I am pregnant, but with three previous m/c, I am just very nervous.

I have been spotting and bleeding off and on for the past week. But I had my HCG levels checked and they are doubling nicely, I am just concerned about my prog. It was 20.5 the first day of the blood draw, and two days later, it was 17.8... is it normal to fluctuate like that? Everything I find on the internet says that prog levels increase throughout the preg...but are there fluctuations at all?

I am calling my MW tomorrow, and hopefully we can do a us this week. At 7 wks, I should be able to see a hb and more **fingers crossed**
Welcome. I don't have any advice but know how you are feeling. This is the only thread I will post in in the DIM boards because I don't want to get my hopes up too high. We are here to support you. :
Old 07-27-2008, 07:01 PM

I had a medical abortion for genetic reasons and severe mental health issues of my own three years ago. It's so hard to talk about and deal with. It makes me so scared about this pregnancy. In a few days I will be at the stage in this pregnancy where I had to say good bye to my first one, and it's really tough.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 PM

So I am super tired today and my tummy has not felt too good. I don't want to read too much into this and get my hopes up I am hoping to get my #'s back tomorrow so :
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz1 View Post

Welcome I'm not sure about the progesterone levels, I wish I could give some advice. I hope you can get in for an u/s this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhWhatNow View Post
I had a medical abortion for genetic reasons and severe mental health issues of my own three years ago. It's so hard to talk about and deal with. It makes me so scared about this pregnancy. In a few days I will be at the stage in this pregnancy where I had to say good bye to my first one, and it's really tough.
Welcome I've had a medical abortion and two natural miscarriages, and I think the abortion still affects me the most even though it's been almost over eight years. To this day I'm still haunted by my decision and always wonder if I did the right thing. And then I wonder if somehow choosing that abortion caused my miscarriages. It's so very tough. Perhaps once you get past the point where you lost your first little one you'll start to feel better about this pregnancy. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts the next few days and wishing you an easy next few days.

3forme, good luck on your numbers :

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 AM

Thanks so much for the response. I was scared to post my loss, but this helps. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. I will be beyond crushed if anything happens to this baby. What makes it worse is that my bf is getting the snip any day now, so this really is my only chance to be a mom. (unless I left him, which I have no desire to do)
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Why doesn't he wait untill you have this baby?

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

Old 07-28-2008, 12:46 PM

Hi ladies, I think we are all going through the tough first trimester stuff right now from the sounds of it. PG is never the same after you've had a loss.

I wasn't feeling very well at all yesterday which is a good sign but I'm super crampy today which is what happened before my m/c in Feb so I'm not too happy about that.

I hope we can all support each other all the the way to the end this time!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:09 PM

He doesnt even really want this one- hes accepted it, but he says this is it.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM

Well I got my #'s back from my second blood draw and it was 23,432 so all is looking good for now. I am also started to feel more pg. I am starting to feel hopeful but still very gaurded.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM

I'm glad thigns are looking good for you, 3for_me. I feel rather guarded about this pregnancy, too.

I don't even have my first midwife appt until Aug 5th and I'm already wondering if I'm justified in asking my midwives for a 12 week u/s. I didn't find out that my baby girl had multiple fatal abnormalities until my very first 18 week u/s in my very first pregnancy. I've since had my two beautiful boys. All of my pregnancies have been very easy with very few symptoms. I can't help but worry that something will be terribly wrong and I won't know until I see the baby that everything is looking okay.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Hugs Marie and 3forme. I also am feeling very guarded about this PG and wondering about moving my u/s up.

I think I could get an earlier one (currently scheduled at 12w3d but my regular doc a couple of days before my first midwife appointment) if I called the RE I saw a couple times before deciding she was too "doom and gloom" for me. Her office does them at 7 weeks.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Marie and veganmama. I would have an US if I could but we have to pay for everything out of pocket and I can't spend that money just to put my mind at ease. We will have a 20w US and that is it
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3for_me View Post
Well I got my #'s back from my second blood draw and it was 23,432 so all is looking good for now. I am also started to feel more pg. I am starting to feel hopeful but still very gaurded.
yay! :

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Hi ladies, I think we are all going through the tough first trimester stuff right now from the sounds of it. PG is never the same after you've had a loss.

I wasn't feeling very well at all yesterday which is a good sign but I'm super crampy today which is what happened before my m/c in Feb so I'm not too happy about that.

I hope we can all support each other all the the way to the end this time!!!

You're right about PG never being the same. I'm freaking out right now because of low back pain (near my sacrum). I had that same pain the last two pregnancies that ended in missed miscarriages and am terrified that my body is trying to tell me something. It's something that's supposed to be a "normal" symptom of pregnancy but it's really scary for me because I think something is wrong. I really do hope we can support each other through ALL nine uneventful boring months.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Hi mamas. I don't have anything to report, just bumping us up.

I'm still not feeling PG. No real m/s or anything, just very tired.

Can't wait for my u/s on the 21st. Then I might start to believe in this PG.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Thanks for bumping this up.

I was feeling sort of relaxed about this PG then freaked out again yesterday. I will be 9 weeks on Fri and 2 of the 3 losses have been at 9 weeks I am hoping to stay busy and hope that the week flys by :
Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Yes, thanks for bumping. I've just been wondering who I could vent with...

My deal is, I have horrible morning sickness. Great right? Except that I was sick with my last three pregnancies, and they were lost in the second trimester...long after M/S stopped. But everyone keeps saying how GREAT it is that I'm so sick. Well, yeah, except it didn't matter with any of our lost babies.

sigh

I'm only seven weeks and I'm freaking out. I have a lot of...not contractions, but what feels like muscle soreness. Calcium is helping some, but not getting rid of it. And now the smell of my prenatals makes me sick. :

Abigail and Asher appeared to be physiologically normal, but Matthew definitely had issues. He was misdeveloped around his left ear, like it just stopped developing into an ear...does that make sense? So even while the midwife says that it probably is an incompetent cervix for all three losses, Matthew had a genetic disorder. So who knows what the cause is? The I/C was never diagnosed BEFORE labor, so she's just guesstimating because of the late losses. sigh again. I'm scared to walk across the house, much less get up and cook dinner, do laundry, heck, take a shower.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 AM

I'm hanging in there, still scared as heck, though. I have my first mid-wife appt. in a week and I'm thinking about asking for an u/s. I want to stay pretty hands-off with this pregnancy, but I think an u/s would really ease my mind.

Multimama, since you may have I/C will you be getting a cerclage? I'm so sorry you are so scared

Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, I had an u/s at just over 6 weeks, and we saw the baby with a very healthy heartbeat. I do have a subchorianic hemmorage (sp?), which I also had with DD. So that explains some of the bleeding, and unfortunately, as it resolves, there will be more bleeding. We go back to see the MW at 10 weeks.

I am beginning to get comfortable with the pregnancy, but then late at night, my mind will fill with worry. I am trying to take it one day at a time, but having you ladies here really does help!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWmama View Post

Multimama, since you may have I/C will you be getting a cerclage? I'm so sorry you are so scared
Thanks for the sympathy. We've talked about cerclage, but in and of itself there are so many complications, that I'm really not comfortable with the implications. On top of the major surgery it requires to get one put in, you have to take it easy or risk tearing the cervix, and then have it removed before labor starts, there are too many variables. The OB I spoke with said that in her experience, most women are just as well served with bedrest.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 PM

Hugs to all the momma's who are struggling a bit in this first trimester. I am feeling the same way.
I'm not really sick like I was with my DD. With my DS I had a bit of morning sickness too. Not so much withthis babe. Everyone once in a while I feel a little icky. And my BBs are much less ore int he past few days.
So I'm convinced its another blighted ovum or the baby has stopped developing.

Oh vey! PAL after a loss is never the same.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:31 PM

Wow we all just need to get out of this trimester. It sucks to have to think so much about what your body is doing or not doing. i am praying that the next couple of weeks fly by for all of us and that we can stop worring so much and enjoy our newest little ones
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM

:

User Tag List