2nd preg, freaking out! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This will be my 2nd baby. This was a planned pregnancy and I really wanted another baby but now that I know it's on the way I'm kind of freaking out. I just don't know how I am going to handle two kids. I think it's really hard with just the one! I still co-sleep and nurse to sleep how am I going to do that with two? Please tell me someone else is feeling nervous also!

#2 of 15 Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 PM

This will be my 4th. Number two is truthfully(in my oppinion) just as difficult as one. But the more you have the easyer it gets! You will make it and don't stress just enjoy it and it will all work out!

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#3 of 15 Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM

hello kara,

I sounded just like you when I was pg with my second (who is now 4) They are both still in my bed too:P
I nursed #1 until around my 6 month, then my milk changed to colostrum. Everything worked out well!
I am now surprised with #3, dont know quite how to hande that now!
#4 of 15 Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

The funny thing is that I was totally relaxed with #1. I guess now I just know how hard it is when before I had no idea!

#5 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM

It will all fall into place for you. Victor will be that much older, which really does make a difference. Also about the nursing to sleep. I tandem nursed my first two together all the time including to sleep at night. It was amazing the different positions my boobs were able to go in.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#6 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Me too ... this baby was planned (but we never expected it to happen so quick) and although we are over the moon and excited about having another baby, i too keep freaking out .. thinking what have we done, what if we cant cope, how hard this will be .. especially because my DD is only 7mths old now !! lol ... but im sure it will all work out .. hard ... but worth it i reckon ::
#7 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 PM

definitely a little worried about how its all going to work - and if I will be as good of a mother to two as I am to 1. I know it will be harder, more stress, etc - and I'm worried that I won't be patient enough or give enough time to both my kids.

But above all, I'm just really really excited!!!:

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
#8 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Karamom, I just wanted to let you know that I can TOTALLY relate!! I have NO idea how the heck we'll do it financially, especially!!! I'm still excited nonetheless! : BTW, our little ones will be about the same age apart

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#9 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 04:13 PM

I can relate! I was so excited for the 1st two weeks and didn't have a worry in the world. Now I have freakouts and the feeling of what have I done! LOL It comes and goes, but I know it will all work out somehow.
#10 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 05:10 PM

This is my second as well and I am freaking out too. Mostly because my daughter will be nine by the time this one comes. I worry about them not bonding.
#11 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Hugs! I have been where you are and can honestly say, I would not have changed a thing. I've never met a mom who said they wished they had less kids. I've only met women who have said, "Oh, I wish I would have had at least one more."

It is super common to be nervous. You are adding responsibility to your life. But the rewards are so sweet. You can do this!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#12 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Not in your ddc but I just wanted to add that as much as it freaks me out as well, I think everything will fall into place. My main concern is ds being jealous and having the energy to stay awake/play/function with a toddler and a newborn, particularly if I can't nightwean ds.
#13 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Danielle~* View Post
Hugs! I have been where you are and can honestly say, I would not have changed a thing. I've never met a mom who said they wished they had less kids. I've only met women who have said, "Oh, I wish I would have had at least one more."
Good point, Danielle! Thanks for that!!

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#14 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisMilkMaid View Post
I can relate! I was so excited for the 1st two weeks and didn't have a worry in the world. Now I have freakouts and the feeling of what have I done! LOL It comes and goes, but I know it will all work out somehow.
You are going to have so much fun with two! :

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
#15 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all the support! I'm glad to know I am not the only nervous one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page