Mothering Forum banner

All day Morning Sickness Club....

2K views 48 replies 31 participants last post by  FeingoldMomma 
#1 ·
I have m/s all day long, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep at night. I didn't have it like this for my last pregnancies, which concerns me. But it is just horrible. I can never decide if I should try to eat or avoid all foods. It's just really rough right now, to the point I think I must be having twins because I just am sick 24/7. Lol. And I haven't been able to take my vitamins for the past five days, yesterday and today I resorted to eating gummy vitamins shaped like thomas the train that my ds takes. so pathetic, I know. Anyways, anyone else want to join in my pity party????

#27 ·
Unfortunately.... Yeah, I'm here.
And it is combined with complete exhaustion so I'm pretty miserable. This is also my 3rd. I was sick the whole pregnancy with my second but not with the exhaustion.

I have a few moments of reprieve a little bit after I eat so I have to space eating every hour and a half or so. And I have to make sure I hit some protein in the morning (egg or peanut butter or something) or it doesn't "fix" it.

Definitely on the 6 small meals plan here.

#28 ·
I just wanted to update...for anyone looking to feel better this might be worth a try.
Right now I have been feeling alot better in regards to m/s(tiredness is the same and I have a cold too). But I've been taking the Mommy's Bliss Morning Sickness Magic the recommended amount(1 tablet 4x a day) and then also 2 tablets(1 before bed and 1 midday) of 50mg of B6. It's helping me a lot, so I just wanted to update. This is my 2nd full day taking this(I started Monday afternoon).
I also take a few more supplements but I think the B's are what's helping most.

#29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post
I just wanted to update...for anyone looking to feel better this might be worth a try.
Right now I have been feeling alot better in regards to m/s(tiredness is the same and I have a cold too). But I've been taking the Mommy's Bliss Morning Sickness Magic the recommended amount(1 tablet 4x a day) and then also 2 tablets(1 before bed and 1 midday) of 50mg of B6. It's helping me a lot, so I just wanted to update. This is my 2nd full day taking this(I started Monday afternoon).
I also take a few more supplements but I think the B's are what's helping most.
Where did you get the Mommy's Bliss tablets? I saw an ad for them in Mothering magazine but do you have to go online to order them? They sound worth trying!

#30 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacelovingmama View Post
Where did you get the Mommy's Bliss tablets? I saw an ad for them in Mothering magazine but do you have to go online to order them? They sound worth trying!
If you look at their website it has a store locater or you can order directly from them. Here is the link: www.babysbliss.com

#31 ·
Oh dear heaven's to mergatroid... I'm now 8w2d and I've been wearing my sea bands from the second I wake up in the morning until I crawl into bed at night since week 6.

With my first, I was so ill from week 6 until the middle of my seventh month. With my second, it was just 2 weeks. With my third, it was first trimester and a low level nausea came back in my 8th month.

So we'll see how this one goes.

It's crazy, but a part of me finds this reassuring (especially once I get a chance to see and hear the heartbeat and I'm out of the first trimester)... even though I have no history (knock wood) of miscarriage, with my previous pregnancy and this one, I'm terrified...

The constant nausea somehow reassures me though... is that weird?

#32 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmelion View Post
Oh dear heaven's to mergatroid... I'm now 8w2d and I've been wearing my sea bands from the second I wake up in the morning until I crawl into bed at night since week 6.

With my first, I was so ill from week 6 until the middle of my seventh month. With my second, it was just 2 weeks. With my third, it was first trimester and a low level nausea came back in my 8th month.

So we'll see how this one goes.

It's crazy, but a part of me finds this reassuring (especially once I get a chance to see and hear the heartbeat and I'm out of the first trimester)... even though I have no history (knock wood) of miscarriage, with my previous pregnancy and this one, I'm terrified...

The constant nausea somehow reassures me though... is that weird?
No, it's not weird. I think we all feel that way, even if we whine about how sick we are! It's a love/hate thing.

#33 ·
I'm now waking up in the middle of the night to get sick. This is just ridiculous. Thank goodness I have a few hours a day where I can keep down food and water. I just never know when those hours are going to be.

The other day I forgot to put on my Relief Band. Boy was I sick that day. Definitely proved to me that it works though because I didn't realize it was missing for about 6 hours, just sat there miserable wondering why it wasn't doing any good.

Does anybody know what the textbook peak week of morning sickness is? I keep hoping that its just getting worse because I'm about to peak and then it will improve. I can dream, right?

#34 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
I'm now waking up in the middle of the night to get sick. This is just ridiculous. Thank goodness I have a few hours a day where I can keep down food and water. I just never know when those hours are going to be.

The other day I forgot to put on my Relief Band. Boy was I sick that day. Definitely proved to me that it works though because I didn't realize it was missing for about 6 hours, just sat there miserable wondering why it wasn't doing any good.

Does anybody know what the textbook peak week of morning sickness is? I keep hoping that its just getting worse because I'm about to peak and then it will improve. I can dream, right?
There's a thread on the peak week on the "I'm Pregnant" board (not under any ddc) if you want to check that out.

#38 ·
I went today to our health food store, and they did not have mommy's magic, but they said they would order some. Instead I dug through various ginger tonics, drops, teas and candies and got 'Reed's Crystallized Ginger'...very strong, but somewhat helpful.

I'm already overweight, no problem....I'll eat what it takes to keep from being nauseous. SO far it's been one banana in bed right as I wake up, dried honey-nut toastios for breakfast, avacadoes for lunch, various crackers and snyders pretzels through the afternoon, and every night for a week, one chicken pot pie. sigh. So soothing.

#39 ·
So I have found a few magic bullets:

*Lemonade (thanks to PP who suggested it!)
*Drinking everything ICE cold
*ONLY eating something that sounds REALLY good
*Only eating half as much as I used to/want to and then eating a little more 30-45 minutes later

but worst of all

(Strawberry Toaster strudels are the only thing that help in the am)

:

#40 ·
One thing I've also found that helps (even if it grosses any observers right out) is taking a swig of pure lemon juice right out of the bottle. Faster than cutting up and sucking on a lemon wedge, and it appears to be just as effective. When I'm feeling my worst is when it seems to taste best.

MamaCaveBear, if it makes you feel any better, FrootLoops is one of the few foods I can make myself eat right now. They spray vitamins on this sort of food, right? So it's not soooooooo bad?

My midwife did say yesterday that my m/s should be peaking right about now, and not getting any worse. I'm 8w 5d. Here's hoping.

#41 ·
I definately belong here! It's not as bad as it was - I was able to reduce my zofran from 24mg a day to 8mg a day. I'm still on the full dose of Phenergan. And I'm borderline for IV fluids but I haven't had them for two weeks now. I do have to eat near constantly to not throw up. But since zofran makes me so constipated, I'll do whatever I can to avoid taking more zofran. (I ended up in the ER due to constipation pain due to zofran combined with dehydration once already. I'd rather not have to subject to any more rectal exams).

The odd thing is that the one drink that tastes good to me is orange juice. I'm not supposed to drink juice due to my insulin issues, but I'm desperate, so I drink it. In past pgs that I was very sick, different things worked. Once it was plain water. Once it was water with lemon juice. Once it was gatorade. It's really trial and error. A month ago, eating nuts helped. Now I can't stand them. However, I'm now able to handle scrambled eggs so at least I can start the day with some good protien.

*As for the peak, It was week 8 when I was pg with my son and gone by 11 weeks. I had morning sickness that time though, not hyperemesis. I had hyperemesis when pg with my daughter and it peaked at week 11 but I was too sick to go off my meds until 18 weeks. The other time I had hyperemesis, I miscarried at 8 weeks and was still terribly sick after I had lost the baby so I didn't make it to the peak. This time, my worse sickness was actually at week 7 but there's a chance there was a vanishing twin around that time.

#42 ·
i am sooo there!
this is my first pregnancy, and i just found out im preggo.
but i am sick ALL DAY EVERY DAY!
and the heartburn is so bad in the morning, i just want to cry!

and i discovered today that if i even SMELL chicken, my stomach protests violently. and i used to eat chicken DAILY.
HELP ME!!!

#43 ·
I here now. It got bad as soon as I hit 6 weeks. I had a dream I was throwing up on myself, woke up in a panic, and immediately had to run to the bathroom and throw up. Now I'm just constantly sick all day, even in my sleep. It is totally made worse by my job as a waitress. I am constantly working around chicken fried steak and all kinds of other gross southern food. I can't feed my dog anymore b/c the smell of her food makes me instantly sick ( I didn't make it to the bathroom last time). Poor DH was trying to help and talking about when I'd feel better and I just broke down and cried and told him I'd feel better in October hah. Feeling sick just makes me want to cry and I feel so whiny. I just keep trying to remind myself that this is supposed to mean my body is growing a strong, healthy baby, right?

#44 ·
Bleh. I don't want to join here but I guess I should. At first it wasn't that bad. If I got very hungry I'd feel queasy, but not bad. Thrwe up a couple time. Nothing I couldn't handle. And then BAM! I'm not throwing up at all anymore but I wish like crazy that I would.
I feel like I need to throw up 24 hours a day. Combine that with exhausted and yet unable to sleep well... I'm miserable.
I just want to throw up and move on.

#45 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amydidit View Post
And then BAM! I'm not throwing up at all anymore but I wish like crazy that I would.
I just want to throw up and move on.
Oh yea-- sounds like me. After sticking my finger down my throat a few times, I finally gave up-- dry heaving doesn't bring any relief so why put my poor finger through that

I'm here with you all-- although I take meds occasionally. Like when my 2.5 yr old was puking on the couch all day one day & diarrhea the next, or if I need to leave the house or if i just can't see straight. I do have guilt
about it but then i remember all the days that by 11am my son was still in his nighttime diaper (oh my god that was a lot of pee) and hadn't eaten more than some goat milk for breakfast. I guess this is my first lesson in deciding which child to take care of in that moment?????

at least I am 10 wks 3 days so I am hoping this is over soooon....

#46 ·
Unfortunately, I belong here. Today was the worst day yet. I felt fine for about two weeks after getting my BFP and come week 7 (just like with my first pregnancy) 'morning'
sickness hit. I felt okay the last two days but today hit me hard.

It sucks so bad because I have to eat to feel less sick but nothing sounds good. I want to throw up- I feel on the verge of throwing up- but nothing happens. I hate feeling helpless when I have my dd to take care of.
Only four more weeks, right?

I've tried lemon (lemonade, lemons, lemon juice, lemon popsicles) and it worked for a few days but now I can't even stomach the thought of it. I'm thinking I'll get some B6 tomorrow. I just can't take the all day sickness with school and my daughter to take care of.

#47 ·
I have been having the all day nausea too, no puking but I think if I could get past my fear of throwing up I might actually barf and feel better...

My problem is that I can't eat what I normally eat and I am craving horrible, junky foods. I haven't had a salad in 2 weeks and veggies make me sick just thinking about them.

#48 ·
I've been in this club for at least a month now. I can't go back and read the posts, because I'm afraid they'll make me feel even worse!

I have strong, all-day nausea and occasional vomiting (an improvement, though, from my 9th week, when I had a few days of throwing up *everything* I ate or drank until I finally got a prescription that helped a bit with that). I've tried every trick in the book. I've got sea-bands, B6, lemon, carbs, snacks, and soluble fiber (supposed to help with bile), but at this point I've pretty much determined that I'll just need to wait this out. I was using ginger until I developed an aversion to that!

The worst thing for me right now is the smell (or even thinking about the smell) of garlic!

I can't wait until I can eat and live somewhat normally!

#49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
I've been in this club for at least a month now. I can't go back and read the posts, because I'm afraid they'll make me feel even worse!

I have strong, all-day nausea and occasional vomiting (an improvement, though, from my 9th week, when I had a few days of throwing up *everything* I ate or drank until I finally got a prescription that helped a bit with that). I've tried every trick in the book. I've got sea-bands, B6, lemon, carbs, snacks, and soluble fiber (supposed to help with bile), but at this point I've pretty much determined that I'll just need to wait this out. I was using ginger until I developed an aversion to that!

The worst thing for me right now is the smell (or even thinking about the smell) of garlic!

I can't wait until I can eat and live somewhat normally!
I'm not in your DDC, but I saw the subject line and had to post. I empathize with your issue, and thought I'd offer another possibility that you might not have tried yet. My midwives recommended it to me when I'd only gained a pound in the first 4 mos. Try protein. Not nuts, since they have a tendency to irritate the stomach even more. What was recommended was cheese, meats, eggs, even Odwalla's protein shakes (they are pastuerized - and the chocolate is very yummy) every couple of hours or so. I was told to only have half the shake (use the other half the next day or later that day) if that was what I tried. I used all of the suggestions at various points in time to mix things up. String cheese sticks, crackers and cheese, hard boiled eggs, the protein shakes... and always made sure that each meal included protein. It was the only thing that ever helped, and has helped through the whole pregnancy. I'm still dealing with it, so we still have stuff around to help just in case.

Hopefully this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.