Why do I want to be so bad? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Why is that I want hot dogs at 11am? Why do I just want to sit down with a bag of chips? I usually am so good about carrots sticks and fruit for lunch, but now I just want junk! Also, is 1 coke a day that bad? I'm trying to wean myself. I gave up coffee, but started to get headaches mid to late morning, so I started sipping a coke, and it tastes sooooo good! Anyone else going through this??? How do we get back on track when our cravings are just like a monster inside??

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 06:00 PM

I think everyone has days like that. Or at least - I know I do. Some days all I was is crap food - I mean ooey-gooey or greasy salty bad for me food. One coke a day won't hurt you. There's not that much caffeine in one coke and if it tastes good to you - go for it. I know I crave a nice cold right-out-of-the-can coke once in a while.

The sea monkey has my money.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM

I'm so glad you feel that way too. I was sitting at dinner last night just salivating over my husbands diet coke. I waited till he took my youngest to the rest room and took a gulp. Gosh that tasted good! I'm usually so good too, and just today I decided to get a hot dog and french fries for lunch. Not my catalope and honeydue I had packed. Well I guess everything in moderation.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM

I had a mt dew really late last night, i just needed it! lol, i know its bad, but it was calling my name

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 07-30-2008, 06:35 PM

Most drug stores sell cola syrup as a remedy to nausia. Maybe it's helping your morning sickness?

I have been very bad too. I ate a frozen dinner at 11 and then at 2 I was starving again and went to Taco Bell

Expecting a boy? Be sure to check out MDC's Case Against Circumcision!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM

This thread is making me hungry! haha. I really want some chocolate :

Stephenie, Wife to Nick partners.gif 9/3/05 Mama to Keagan treehugger.gif autismribbon.gif 4/12/07, Eden dust.gifhomebirth.jpg3/29/09  3rdtri.gif Someone new coming in July and two angels 6/06 and 10/10. Check out my blog! blogging.jpg

Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM

Pepsi is my best friend during pregnancy Seriously though I drink maybe one a day and it's usually one of the tiny cans. It does help with my m/s.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM

I'm having trouble with unhealthy cravings too. I have succumbed once to McDonald's and once to Cheeto's. Gross! (but boy did it taste good at the time!). It is frustrating to know that healthy eating is so important and yet crave crap.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 PM

Some of the unhealthy cravings sound like they relate to fat: you do need it! Eat some untrimmed lamb chops, butter, coconut oil, etc. and see if that doesn't mitigate the craving.

Mama to two girls 12/05 and 8/09

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM

I crave Ramen noodles. Constantly. I haven't really given in the the craving but I WANT them.... I guess it's the salt. Anything salty.

treehugger.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsurf.gif

Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 AM

I had hot dogs at 9am, and practically guzzled a 2 liter of Coke in under 24 hours. Oh yeah, I also had 2 packets of Swiss Rolls, and made sugar cookies (does using whole wheat flour offset the dietary no-no of crisco?)

Kitchen sins *sigh* Sometimes I wonder how I haven't doubled my weight yet....
Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

I have just gotten a chuckle from reading all these posts. Actually, with a few I was out loud laughing. Glad to know I'm not the only one with suddenly strange eating habits! I was good for breakfast...wheaties with blueberries. I'm hoping I won't have that hot dog craving again...!

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::
Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Yeah, I have been drinking coke too. I know its bad, so I am a closet drinker. I gave up coffee too, but the coke feels so good in my mouth and in my tummy!
OMG! I have been craving bad stuff too lately. Let's see chicken nuggets even though I am a vegetarian, Frito's, french fries and anything else salty. I must say, I succumbed to all of them but the chicken nuggets. I crave Coke, so I went out and bought a case of it. I feel guilty drinking it, but its SOOOO GOOOOD!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM

i am currently tracking down krispy kremes : its not as easy as it sounds when you live in the uk
Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM

Today was McDonalds! Left a rather stressful appointment and was driving to work when those Golden Arches appeared like a ray of light from Heaven. I decided to let the drive thru ease my stress. Boy did it work. I had such a headache, and as soon as I started eating the McMuffin it went away!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

I do want a coke so bad...but I'm not letting myself because of the corn syrup. I already have a big butt and I have to exercise like a rock star just to be average...so I cannot indulge in some of the badness I want to because I'll pack on unhealthy poundage fast. I have potential and that ain't necessarily good. Drink a coke for me somebody. :

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

User Tag List