is anyone else expecting number 4? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am expecting my 4th and slightly nervous about how i will cope with 4 children - anyone else expecting their 4th blessing?
#2 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM

I am! I'm nervous too because my youngest two will only be 16 months apart...yikes! My two older kids are already tons of help but still, I'm a tad nervous. Also wondering about what vehicle to buy. Never thought I'd have a mini-van but we've already started looking at them. Congratulations to you and your family.

The sea monkey has my money.

#3 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM

Nope, #5 but I just wanted to say that you'll do great!!!
Congrats!!! ::
#4 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 04:01 PM

This is #4 for us too. I say "hey what is one more"

ETA: when this little one is born the kids will be: 6 1/2, 5 and 2 1/2
#5 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM

This is #4 for us as well. We've always had Great Danes so I already have the minivan so no worries about transportation!
#6 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

what is the age gap between your oldest and youngest? mine is 8 1/2 years.

my eldest is very helpful with my current youngest and i know he will be great with the new one too
#7 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 PM

My children are 15, 9 and 10 months.

The sea monkey has my money.

#8 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 05:59 PM

# 5 for me too. Our position was that once they outnumbered us (that is, when we had three) we had to just relax and go with it. We had 4 in 5 years and were both working (we have our own business, so I can be flexible about hours).

When we announced pregnancy #4, my brother in law said, "OMG, how will you cope". We have always felt that "not coping" wasn't really an option, parents have such reserves of love and at the end of the day if the house is a bit of a tip and you haven't managed to do any ironing for, oh say in my case about 3 years, who cares?

Good luck with it and enjoy the ride!
#9 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 06:50 PM

This will be #4 for us. We also already have a minivan and the house is plenty big. My 19 month old is already making homeschooling really difficult some days, so I guess my biggest worry is how is another baby going to make it all go?!

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#10 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goingon2 View Post
I am! I'm nervous too because my youngest two will only be 16 months apart...yikes! My two older kids are already tons of help but still, I'm a tad nervous. Also wondering about what vehicle to buy. Never thought I'd have a mini-van but we've already started looking at them. Congratulations to you and your family.
When my #4 was born, the youngest were fifteen months apart, and the older two were four and 2 and 1/2. It was also when we got our minivan. sigh...I'm still sad over losing my jeep.

Now we're looking at #8 and we're way past cool. Dh wanted a 15 passenger van and I was like NO WAY. I can't even pretend to be cool in that. Instead, I have my excursion with the lil passenger seat. Do I look cool? No, I do not. Not with the sidewalk chalk stains on one side (hehe, it doesn't wash off of white paint very well), all the extracurricular bumperstickers, and I Love Toy Trains blasting out the windows.

Edit to add: I will say that adding #4 was very easy after adding #3. I think she was our hardest, because we had to figure out how to split me in three ways. After that, it's been easy every time.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#11 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
Edit to add: I will say that adding #4 was very easy after adding #3. I think she was our hardest, because we had to figure out how to split me in three ways. After that, it's been easy every time.
I'll 2nd that My 3rd is still my hardest most days~ Lately it has been my 4th She is having some serious growing pains~ I love her but it is so hard to see her struggle with her 'spot' in the family~

Melissa
#12 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 PM

I have #4 on the way. I always said I wanted a big family, but I'm not sure if I expected to have so many so quickly. Four just seems so. . .I don't know. . .huge.

I had an okay adjustment from one to two kids, a hard adjustment from two to three, and now I'm praying for the whole "After three its all the same" saying to be true.

It does feel like we're toeing that line of "big family" and I just feel too young to be labeled that way.

Despite our worries, I am very excited to have another little one come our way. My two oldest kids have been asking for a long time when we would have another and I look forward to sharing the experience of pregnancy, birth, and baby with them. And of course, I am always excited to snuggle those squishy cheeks again.

Mama to 4.5
#13 of 24 Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 PM

We are expecting #4. We're excited but also anxious. Four does seem like a big family (which we want) and we live in a very high-cost-of-living area where large families do not seem to be the norm at all.

I did think the transition from 0 to 1 was the hardest and 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3. So hopefully 3 to 4 won't put us over the edge or anything!
#14 of 24 Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Expecting #3 and #4 at once and going to have 4 under 4 years old. Oddly enough...not at all worried about it

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
#15 of 24 Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 PM

#5 here. When the new lo is born my other dc will be 10,8 1/2, 4 1/2 and 2yrs old. My oldest (only daughter) is such a BIG help with her little brothers going from #2-#3 was the hardest for me since at the time dd was 5 and in full day kindegarten in our neighborhood school and ds#1 was 4 and in pre-school across town (he's special needs) so I felt like I was always running around with a nursing nb in tow. I'm not nervous at all about having another one though.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#16 of 24 Old 08-03-2008, 10:49 PM

We are expecting #4 here! This was way unplanned but I am happy. I just found out today and I think I have been in denial for a few days before testing this afternoon. March is a busy month for me--see my siggy.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#17 of 24 Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 PM

Wow Sara - lots of March birthdays! I have a cousin who has three children, all born in the first week of June. We always joke that she really only needs to worry about birth control for one month out of the year, as that seems to be her only fertile time.

Congrats to everyone. I saw the sweetest little baby today and got a little rush of excitement that I'm growing one of those.: It is taking longer to sink in then it ever has before.

Mama to 4.5
#18 of 24 Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM

We just found out we are expecting baby number four too. I'm excited to see so many of you with larger families here. Going from one to two was our hardest transition and at this point I don't think adding one more will be a huge deal. We are thinking that this will be our last one though.
#19 of 24 Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 PM

Adding #4 was so much fun.

I'm expecting #5. Haven't told our families. My parents will probably be none too happy. You know, "My Age" and everything..........
#20 of 24 Old 08-09-2008, 10:23 PM

I am expecting number 4 here! My daughter Maya is 7, Jacob is 4, and Aidan is 2. My oldest is very excited about our planned homebirth and wishes the baby would come soon. If any of you told your older children, are they all having a hard time waiting?
#21 of 24 Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 AM

This is #4 for us and from what I hear that means we are officially a "large family". If 4 is large what is 8 Multimomma? We have a 12yr old ds, 4yr old ds, and 18mo old ds. The 8 yr gap between 1 and 2 is actually harder than I had thought it would be (#1 still wants to be the center of attention), but I think from 2 to 3 has been a little hard with schooling and balance of time. Although now that ds#3 is getting bigger #2 and #3 play and occupy each other more, so looking forward to #4 just easing into the playgroup...
#22 of 24 Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 PM

We're expecting #4 as well. Kids are 6, 4 and 20 months. Seems like we have 'em every 2-1/2 years or so. LOL

I'm a wee bit nervous, as I live in MN and will be traveling an hour to deliver. March is one of the snowiest months here and I don't want to be in labor and get stuck in snow.

I have been thinking about a homebirth, but it would need to be covered 100% by ins. and that is not the norm. I am worried about finding care for all three kids when I go into labor.

Otherwise, I'm not concered at all about having four children. My oldest is already a BIG HELP and I know his little brother wants to help as well.

We haven't old the kids as of yet, since we don't want family to know. DH's family thinks we have too many kids already. MIL has said so many times how she wished she would have had only two kids, and DH is number three. It's so terrible. She blames her divorce from FIL on money issues and having three children. How terrible is that?!?!?!?
#23 of 24 Old 08-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Expecting #5 here. But, when 4 was born, we were at 5, 3, and 1 1/2.

You'll do well...it just takes more organization.

Christian, homeschooling, military wife.  luxlove.gif

Mommy to 5 wonderful girls and a super baby boy.  

Expecting another sweet energy.gif late August. 

#24 of 24 Old 08-17-2008, 09:07 PM

We're expecting #'s 3 and 4. My kids will be almost 10 and 5 when the twins are born. Honestly, I'm scared to death. I'm afraid the birth will end up being over-medicalized like my first two and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle two little ones at once.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page