Mothering Forum banner

Another one out.

1K views 26 replies 27 participants last post by  Devaskyla 
#1 ·
Sad news. 9 weeks today, started bleeding very lightly yesterday afternoon, started cramping this afternoon, then passing clots. Saw the MD (family practice, only guy nearby) and he said that at this gestation period, it's definitely a miscarriage (didn't do an ultrasound or anything...), and that I'll be feeling like I'm having a horrible period over the next few days. He said that it will just look like blood clots because the fetus isn't big enough to see yet.

And I am. Moderately severe cramps (taking ibuprofen), passing tons of clots. I'm going to see my OB on Monday because I just want more answers (do I need a D&C, what might have happened, when can we try again).

Would appreciate any stories about miscarriages at similar gestation. Doing okay right now, I know it will be an emotional journey.

I enjoyed getting to know you all, and will hopefully be back on the boards soon.

#27 ·
I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't buy that too small to see, btw. I saw the ones I lost around 6 weeks. Very, very tiny but they looked exactly like the pictures for that age. You probably won't see anything, but don't be freaked if you do.

Take it easy, over doing can definitely make you bleed more, or cause you to start bleeding again after you thought you'd stopped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.