Dreams - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having a LOT of dreams lately about being much farther along than I think. What's everyone else dreaming about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 PM

I nearly started a thread on this the other day but was too shy ... because my dreams are more on the raunchy side? quite a bit on the raunchy side too :... and only since being pregnant ...

I wonder if that has any meaning? or is anyone else experiencing this? I havent had any dreams about pregnancy or baby yet?
#3 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 05:49 PM

I've had bizarre dreams every night for weeks. Last night I had a dream about shopping at a HUGE garage sale for EVER. I kept buying things that were horrible looking because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I must have bought 200 ugly shirts in this dream, and I looked at every single one for what felt like hours.

So wierd.
#4 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've been having like 3-4 dreams a night. They're often really off the wall, like I'm in a plane crash and totally calm and helping people escape or I'm married to a Soviet spy and giving birth to adults and then these crazy dreams are coupled with really mundane details like looking for food and in every dream I am like obsessed with food and I eat and order TONS of it!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#5 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 08:33 PM

I had my first bizarre-o dream last night. I'm 6.5 weeks.

I wanted to go to PP to get an u/s of this baby for some reason. My DH and I went in and I explained to the NP that my belly was oddly shaped and I was worried about the babe. I looked down, and it looked like I had a tent in my belly. There was a long part shooting downwards and another part shooting outwards at my belly button.

I don't remember what happened after that. Obviously worried about this pregnancy!
#6 of 22 Old 08-02-2008, 10:00 PM

Very real, sex dreams. And only since I've been pregnant. Weirdness.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#7 of 22 Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 AM

Sex Dreams? Check. Anxiety Dreams? Check. I already had one anxiety dream when I took a nap this afternoon. I was supposed to be babysitting for my nephew (he is 3, but he seemed to regress in age in my dream) and everything was going wrong. Eventually my bil came to pick him up and he told me how everything I had done was wrong and how I almost killed my nephew. But, he said it in a really nice voice, kind of the way you might talk to someone who is stupid and it's not their fault they don't know any better. I kept thinking "Everyone will think I am going to be the worst mother ever." The weird thing is my parents were in my dream because they were supposed to be helping me babysit, but they kept doing things that I knew were wrong, so I was sort of blaming them and angry at them. Maybe since I already had an anxiety dream I'll get something more fun tonight.
#8 of 22 Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
All these dreams crack me up

I`ve had my fare share of them so far too. They are so off the wall that I wake up laughing all the time...

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#9 of 22 Old 08-03-2008, 02:50 AM

I'm still having weird dreams but they don't seem to be as vivid as they were about a month ago. I haven't been sleeping as well lately either, like waking every couple hours or so, so maybe that has something to do with it.

What I find really interesting is how difficult it is to relay just how weird my dreams are when describing them to someone. Something about the details of feelings/setting/??? that you just can't get across...

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#10 of 22 Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 AM

I've had plenty of sex dreams since being pregnant. : Those are pretty fun!

But the past few nights they've been about the baby. Easy labor, cute baby girl....always a girl! Will be interesting to see what this baby is.
#11 of 22 Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Heh. I love hearing about all the dreams. I've been having tons of sex ones too, usually involving someone from work that I'm not attracted to at all.

But still my most prevelent theme in all my dreams is being farther along than I think. EVen in the sex ones at some point it will be mentioned. I'm almost thinking I need an u/s just to make sure, it feels that real! LOL
#12 of 22 Old 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Danielle~* View Post
Very real, sex dreams. And only since I've been pregnant. Weirdness.
Yep that's me! They're so real it's crazy.
#13 of 22 Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 PM

every night a new vivid, bizarre dream... only one sex dream so far, which was totally graphic and awesome... i want more of those...
#14 of 22 Old 08-04-2008, 01:30 PM

sex dreams are one of my favorite parts of being pregnant!

I've had very graphic, detailed dreams the past three nights. One was a tornado, and the other two I don't remember except they felt very real.
#15 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 04:46 AM

couple nights ago I had this one: it was the night before my first appt and i was worried they would bully me into doing an u/s--

i declined so they said "no problem we'll just go through your clavicles looking down to the baby that way" (didn't ask, just did it, i was so shocked i was speechless) and we were able to see a very mature baby (closer to term than my 10 weeks) who had the same nose and mouth as my son. the nurse said, "well that's a boy if i ever saw one." but we could only see from the chest up so I said "how can you tell?" and she said "i can't tell because he has an adam's apple." which he really did. quite obviously, too. LOL LOL LOL

so silly, dreams can be.

another dream I had (last pregnancy) i could see my baby because my skin was really just like clear cellophane skrink wrapped over DS-- that was bizarre. I could make out every feature, but not gender-- besides I thought he was going to be a girl anyway

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#16 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM

I've had some crazy anxiety dreams. I even had one last night about flying. In my dream I decided to fly to germany (don't know why my brain picked germany). I got on the plane thinking it was a 4 hour flight and as we were ready for take off they informed me it was going to be 25 hours. I freaked out and wanted off the plane, but we had already taken off.
My dreams have been so vivid that when I wake up I still feel the anxiety that I felt in my dream.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#17 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Dreams... wowzers.... mine have been odd. I've had a few dreams where I am having twins. Both babies had light colored hair which is odd b/cuz both dh and I have dark, almost black hair. Lat night I dreamed I was back in college playing volleyball. The skill level was the same , very intense and competitive and I SUCKED. I had to pee the entire time and that was why I couldn't focus. So, at a break I hopped in the Ben and Jerry's icecream man's truck (yep, it was conveniently parked in the gym for me) and got a ride to the bathroom. The dream then went into trying to find various bathrooms at outdoor shopping malls, which were all locked. I woke up and was happy I hadn't peed the bed, the urge was so real. I should start writing these down.

treehugger.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsurf.gif

#18 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM

DH and I are both having weird dreams these days. Poor guy had a dream where all of his teeth were knocked out, which we both believe symbolized his anxiety about our little one (I conceived by accident and we are sort of "dealing with it" - neither of us were ever "sold" on having kids so this is a huge transition for us, but we intend to do right by our baby) and his insecurity over not being able to control this situation.

My dreams, however, have been much more benign. In waking life I weighed myself at the gym about 3 weeks ago and, while I was not totally thrilled with what the scale told me, I was glad to have a baseline since I'm quickly approaching 2nd trimester, when the pounds start to pack on. The night before my 1st prenatal appointment I dreamt that I gained 45 pounds since then. 45 pounds, in 3 weeks, but I didn't look any different. I also had a really vivid dream about a little blonde girl, with my blue eyes, daddy's eyebrows, blonde hair (like when I was a baby) but with daddy's unfortunate hairline. Thankfully, I'm actually very chilled out and relaxed about this pregnancy so no anxiety dreams. Poor Brian though.

I've had some really downright bizarre ones too, but I can't recall. We should strive to keep this post going, it will be really interesting to see how all of our dreams change and progress with our pregnancies.

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#19 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 02:26 PM

I want some sexy dreams...me likes those

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#20 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM

my dreams are UNBELIEVABLE....murders, affairs, eating yummy food.....

::
#21 of 22 Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM

I had a dream last night I was trying to escape from this man. I had these 2 little girls with me and I put them in an elevator going down then ran to another floor and another elevator and went all the way up (which I remember only went to the 6th floor) and he was standing outside the elevator door telling me to open it. Then he shot me with a machine gun and in the dream I could actually feel my body filling up with bullets. It was crazy.

And the first time I actually threw up was b/c I dreamt I was throwing up on myself in bed and woke up in a panic and then I was super nauseated and had to run to the bathroom.

I want the sex ones!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#22 of 22 Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM

I have been OBSESSING lately that I am pregnant with twins (have not had an u/s YET) so before sleeping the other night I asked my uterus to give me a sign, to tell me how many were in there.

So, naturally, I dreamt that I had triplets. But they were so tiny still and they were in test tubes (I've never had IVF) and so I had to carry them in my pocket, in like a padded pocket-protector

Hilarious!

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page