Mothering Forum banner

Anyone's nausea improving yet?

718 views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  She2dancer 
#1 ·
For now, this might apply to those of us "farther along," but I'm wondering if anyone's nausea has started to improve yet. I'm ten weeks and a couple days and just really longing for the light at the end of the tunnel. I *think* I'm past the peak, since I'm no longer vomiting every single thing I eat or drink, but I still have really strong nausea and major food aversions all day long.

Hoping the end of this "phase" is near. Most people do have some improvement as they near/enter the second trimester, right? Please say yes...

#2 ·
Yes, I do notice an improvement. All the way through last week I thought I was going to die it was so bad. But since about Friday it has improved. Sunday was horrendous, but it's been tolerable the other days. I hope it only improves from now on, BUT, I would be really shocked if it did because I'm always sick until about 13 or so weeks. BTW, I'm almost 9 weeks.

#3 ·
Hi! I'm 9 1/2 weeks and NO, it's not improving!!! I really wish it was!!! I"m holding on to the hope that the 2nd trimester will bring me relief!! I feel so sick all the time it's amazing I can take care of my three kids.

I'm kind of shocked by this pregnancy since I was never this nauseated with the other three.

#5 ·
I don't even know if I should respond, I don't want to jinx anything.
Saturday was the worst I've ever been. I think I ate something wrong on top of being sick because I felt like I had hot coals in my stomach and things were coming out of both ends.
And then... Saturday night through last night I felt worlds better. Still nauseous but controllable unlike the previous 4 weeks. I actually cleaned a few things in the house that were starting to take on a look of their own from lack of love. Today it's come back a bit more so I'm guessing I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'll take those three days of a "small break".
Both of my previous pregancies it lasted until 12 and 14 weeks respectively and I'm 9 weeks today.

#6 ·
I've been feeling better for the past few days (at 9.5 weeks). I'm now able to open the refrigerator door in the morning, and even made it to yoga today for the first time in two weeks. Is it too early to feel better? I've got a week to go before my first midwife appt and can get a heartbeat check, so I'll probably be worrying until then.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by reducereuserecycle View Post
i am seeing improvement!!!! yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooo afraid to even say the words-- but yes, I *think* I'm beginning to feel a bit better. Started b-6 yesterday (nearly OD'd ha ha) and felt good enough to poor myself a [candlelit] bath last night. And I woke today thinking, "huh. i feel quite stable. still neeeeed to eat badly or I know it will get ugly, but I feel rather good."

I was able to take DS to the playground (it's in our condo so just down the elevator) and just left him sleeping b/c I had a sudden burst of energy and wanted to post a reply.

Have I jinxed myself?????

#11 ·
Mine is! But I'm still sick, just I've been able to reduce the meds. I was on the max dose of zofran of 24mg a day. I'm now down to 8mg a day. Sometimes I make it on just 3 phenergan a day too, when I needed 4 before. I now need to eat constantly to not get sick so I'm gaining weight rapidly. But it's worth it to be able to reduce the meds. I'm still too sick to leave the house to do anything or to play with the kids. But, I've been able to reduce the meds so that gives me hope. I'm 10 weeks today. It took until 18 weeks until I was off meds when I had hyperemesis when pg with my daughter. Though at 12 weeks I felt well enough to leave the house.

#15 ·
feeling better here. I'm 10W2D and I've felt better for a couple days although I have my moments where I have to curl up on the couch. I'm eating a much better variety of food than I was 2 weeks ago, but I'm still not really able to cook or be in the house if there are certain things cooking. I can't wait for the second trimester since I'm insanely tired and having stomach cramps.

#18 ·
I'm not nauseated as frequently over the last week or so (not every day), but I have still thrown up like 3-4 times, which is more than before.

When I actually vomit it's usually one of the following triggers: 1) smell/see something nasty or 2) brushing my tongue/teeth, 3) thinking about other times when I've vomited.
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.