Mothering Forum banner

When do nipples change?

689 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  aja-belly 
#1 ·
One thing I'm dreading-but-fascinated with is that your nipples change so much. Anyone know when they get really large and turn colors?

#3 ·
Mine are already getting darker, but not larger. A photographic book of pregnancy that I have (Lennart Nielsson's A Child Is Born) says that they'll start changing at about our time now. But I really thought it was later with my two children, more like after 20 weeks. Maybe I just don't remember correctly?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWmama View Post
Mine started darkening this time before I even got a postive pregnancy test. With my son it seemed like they changed later on in the second trimester.
both times for me, I noticed the montgomery's tubercles (is that what they're called-- or "glands" maybe) were popping out within a few days/weeks of getting a BFP. These look like white and pink pimples, for lack of a better term-- so mine already look pinker (not darker yet, i think that does come later at least for me) and spotted

even DH noticed-- when he saw the "pimples" around week 6, he goes, "oh, ok-- you are pregnant!"

p.s. my areolas are already large to begin with.....

#9 ·
I'm not sure. Mine changed slowly when I was pg with DS and I don't think they every went back to normal. However, I've been pg and/or nursing for 6 years straight now. The entire breast is more perky than it used to be but still haven't become much larger. I'm 10 weeks.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by madrone View Post
Are the Montgomery tubercles just around the outside of the coloring?
there are usually ON the areola-- for me, just outside the perimeter of my nipples

#14 ·
mine have already started getting darker and thicker. they were very dark and huge and thich (like the skin was thick) before my son was born. i have no idea when they changed. gradually i guess. i've been nursing since he was born (alot). my boobs are alot fuller and perkier, too. they were getting quite long....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.