Dry Skin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-09-2008, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else noticing their skin feels dry? Usually my skin does feel dry in the Winter, but it's not Winter and it's not very dry where I live, so the only thing I can think of is that it's pregnancy-related. Another thought I have is that it's dietary. Fatty/oily foods are a big turn-off for me these days, so I haven't been eating them as much as I used to (I mean, didn't eat them much before, either, but I can't even handle the thought of butter on my toast, anything cooked in oil, milk, cheese, etc.), and I think that might be making things worse.

Anybody else having this problem? I've been dealing with nausea and vomiting and can't yet handle pills, but when I'm able to take them again, I'll definitely be taking fish oil or something again! I hate feeling dry in the Summer, because lotion + heat is almost as unappealing as the thought of eating a big plate of french fries is to me these days!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#2 of 2 Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure we have the same problem, but I'll give this a shot At about 3 weeks, the skin on the end of my fingers started to crack and peel off! Totally crazy. No amount of lotion would help- it was clearly some sort of internal issue. My doctor recommend trying to supplement with flax or fish oil. I started taking it at about 5 weeks, at least every other day, and now my fingers are better. Here's the brand I use: http://www.barleans.com/flaxoil_blends.asp

You can take pills instead of the liquid oil if the liquid makes you sick... I can't necessarily stomach it every day. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page