anyone feeling "kicks" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think i have been feeling kicks for over a week now. anyone else feelin movement?

::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 AM

I feel stuff that feels like kicks, but so far it's always just been gas bubbles. Dh was able to feel ds2 by 15 weeks, though so it shouldn't be too much longer until I start actually feeling something.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#3 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM

yea, i've been feeling "stuff" for about 2.5 weeks-- just chalked it up to gas. not like the pre-preg kind, as i imagine it-- i picture that it feels different because my intestines are not in their usual place (I am 11.5 wks)

BUT lately the same feeling has intensified and moves around a bit more so i'm starting to lean towards trusting my gut.

who knows-- hopefully soon it will become more obvious.

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#4 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I swear I felt a lot of movement from about 7-10 weeks and I feel pretty positive it wasn't gas...too low...

But since 10 weeks, I haven't felt much of anything I am ready to feel this babe!!! I have a feeling though that I might have an anterior placenta, because when the midwife tried to find the heartbeat at 10w, she said she could hear and feel the placenta but couldn't yet find the heartbeat....so I think that as the placenta has been getting bigger the past couple of weeks maybe that is why I have been feeling less....

who knows....that is all speculation on my part

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
#5 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM

I've been thinking I have when I lay down at night for the past few days... I saw on Ntnl Geographic's "In the Womb" program that babies don't even start twitching until they're about 9 weeks along, and I was 9 weeks exactly when I first felt it... seems kinda early, so I don't know!!

I also threw up for the first time at precisely 6 weeks along, which is supposedly when morning sickness usually hits.
#6 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Nah, I never feel movement until close to the typical time. I can't imagine feeling my little peanut at only an inch long, but hey, you never know! I just feel gassy, bubbly, digestion stuff going on. It can fool us!
#7 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM

I thought I was feeling something. But yesterday during the ultrasound I felt it again, but the babies were pretty still. Wishful thinking, I guess. I felt DS for sure at 12 weeks so I'm sure it won't be long before I feel the real thing.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#8 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM

I started feeling flutters around 10 weeks or so. It does feel like gas, which the first movements do, and it is very low. I can only feel it sometimes and if I am sitting up when I do. I am pretty sure I felt my 1st around 15 or 16 weeks, which is a typical time to feel first movements, I think. I felt the 2nd a bit earlier, I want to say around 13 or 14 weeks.

In general (warning TMI) I have been fairly gassy with this pregnancy, so I tend to think its gas. Yet yesterday I felt it and I wasn't feeling gassy or bloated at all. Who knows?
#9 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM

Not yet, but it was 12-13 weeks with my other two kids. I felt them regularly from then on. I'm sure I felt it that early because I could feel movement in the right spot when a doppler was used. I've definately felt something already but due to zofran constipation, I'm thinking it's likely just gas/constipation. I'm 11 weeks today. I expect I'll start to feel something around 12-13 weeks again.
#10 of 10 Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 PM

Nope, it's just too early. I never felt flutters until around week 16 with my other four kids---and I'm skinny too, but I don't think that makes any difference.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page