Is anyone getting MORE tired? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez, I wasn't this tired before! My fatigue level is getting off the charts! Damn I'm tired!! I HATE IT! It's really difficult to do a good job as a mom of four right now, because I cannot handle even minimal demands on me at the moment. Ugh, the fatigue is just getting worse and worse. I feel like I have mono or something. It's dreadful. And still, I have to take the kids around all day and go swimming every afternoon and make three meals a day and on and on and on. All I want to do is sleep and read and sleep and hydrate and sleep.
#2 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 PM

I can't imagine how you are coping with 4 - I am shattered with my one ds. I am starting to come out of the major exhaustion of the last few weeks but that was basically by sleeping as much as possible, night time, naps and a pre-sleep sleep if necessary! Things have slipped a bit around the house but I am not going insane so I think that is ok.

My sympathies to you x
#3 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM

My nausea has eased a bit- but this week I have been SO tired, absolutely EXHAUSTED. For me part of it is that two weeks ago I was on vacation from work, my DD and DH were out of town, and my son and I ran all over the place (having fun- but getting worn out too). Last week I was back at work, pressed with those demands, and then had out of town guests on top of it. So partly, I think it is a residual effect of those two really demanding weeks. Also, even though my nausea wasn't that severe, I wasn't eating a lot, and now that it has eased I am getting hungry and probably not eating often enough. I tend not to be a big snacker type of person- it isn't that natural for me to eat between meals. I need to be more conscious of this and eat little bits all day long.

But this week, I am just tired to my very core. I can hardly get off the couch at night.
#4 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Sharing the Gripe, lol. I am feeling so off lately due to sheer exhaustion and not enough sleep. I am so annoyed with my kids climbing all over me at night. Last night I went to bed and woke up with 4 kids sleeping next to and on me at 6 am. My husband actually left the bed and slept in one of the kids beds and left me there like that. I'm still nursing the youngest 2 and I just feel so overextended. My husband works lousy retail hours and my oldest 3 kids are away in camp so I'm doing nothing but work, and more work keeping up with them. I need a break from all this so bad. The baby is starting to potty train so she keeps whipping off her diaper and I'm cleaning up pee and poop off the floor as if I don't have enough to do. But all in all, things aren't so bad. LOL
#5 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, definitely!! I have had almost no symptoms, but I'm 9 weeks now and the exhaustion has hit hard this week. This is my first, so I can't even imagine how hard it must be with other little ones to care for - my 8 animals and job run me ragged enough.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#6 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM

I am EXHAUSTED! I feel like I am failing as a SAHM because I am finding it hard to motivate. I have 3 kids 6, 3, 1 and babysit a 4 and 3 year old so I have no time to nap. I need to sleep!!!!

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#7 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 PM

I was so tired today, I skipped out of work early, ran home and took a nap, then got up and got my kids from thier aunts house

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#8 of 14 Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 PM

I am so exhausted lately. I sleep 9-12 hours a night and still feel like I need to nap during the day. If I nap with dd then I don't have my free time to get homework and housework done, but if I don't nap with her then I am dragging my early evening.

I find myself counting the hours until dd goes to bed, just so I can go to bed.

: co sleeping, babywearing, cloth diapering SAHM to two beautiful girls.
#9 of 14 Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 AM

Yes, and sicker.
Just a few more weeks..... we can make it! I just love the second trimester and pretty much all the way until that last month when things get miserable again, for different reasons though!
#10 of 14 Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 AM

I too am super tired and have no motovation to do anything. Add to it that I am not sleeping great at night. Hopefully it will pass soon.
#11 of 14 Old 08-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Some days I am way more tired than others. I literally have to will myself to get all my chores done. Tough, tough stuff. I have to take a nap daily or I'm a wreck.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#12 of 14 Old 08-16-2008, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

And the WORST is when our toddler climbs into my bed at night and then wakes me up repeatedly, checking if it's light out so she can have her milkies. I tuck her into bed with her sibs and DH at night (DH snores so we have separate rooms). But she never makes it through the night without coming back into my room, and then sometimes I have trouble getting back to sleep. I'm stressed a little about whether/how much to send the kids to school this year, and this definitely can keep me from falling back to sleep. I HATE IT. I hate stress and worry. Today I woke up at four, courtesy of DD, and never could fall back to sleep. I got some great quilting done, but now I'm toast. Anything less than 11 hours of sleep, and I'm toast anyway.
#13 of 14 Old 08-16-2008, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been getting super tired this past week. I think it's because I feel just a smidge better, stomach-wise (that, or I'm just getting used to it), so I've been getting up/out and doing more, which just wears me out (and it doesn't help that I'm still not able to eat enough). It's so tiring!!!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#14 of 14 Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM

I can say you are doing a whole lot more than I am able to. We have been having to get a lot of take out because I just don't have the energy to stand up and cook dinner most nights. I do go most days just to make sure the kiddos stay safe doing their own things. We were schooling through the summer but that had to come to a screaching halt. I kept falling asleep while helping ds1 with his reading. I am 11 weeks today and praying that my energy is about to return. I have got to get my house in shape and my family back to a more normal routine!

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page