When did you have to start wearing mat clothes with baby #2 or more? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't really remember but I think I started wearing mat clothes to work at about 17 weeks with #2. With my first I didn't show until I was 26 weeks or more.

So far I've lost 4 lbs this PG.

Any other moms of 2 or more remember when they had to start wearing mat clothes or when they started showing?
I am hoping to avoid my work knowing I am PG for as long as possible.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 05:35 PM

I'm pg with #5 and am 10 weeks today. I'm wearing comfortable, stretchy clothes but could wear a few of my smaller maternity outfits right now if I wanted, but they'd be baggier of course. I've just been wearing the stretchier stuff instead. It's awkward to be in that inbetween stage.

With #2 I was 4 months when I really started wearing maternity clothes.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:01 PM

With my #2 I was already wearing maternity shirts and holding my regular pants together with a rubberband at 11 -12 weeks. I remember how hard it was because I didn't want to tell anyone at work until after the first trimesters, but already had to bust out the maternity clothes.

With my first I didn't wear maternity clothes until 20 weeks! Truthfully, I could have gotten through for another 6-8 weeks with just baggy clothes.

This time I am about 11 1/2 weeks and still wearing my normal pants, but they are tight through the thighs, but not enough not to wear them- just enough to need to do some squats after I put them on to stretch them out. I also can't wear any button down shirts- but am okay in t-shirts and knits.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 PM

#2 was my smallest belly I got so huge with #1. I was in Mat clothes by 12 weeks. #2 was much later but I don't remember when
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Well it's good to know I won't automatically show earlier this time. I work with all men so hopefully they will just be clueless for a long time, LOL!

Thanks mamas

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09

User Tag List