ER visit left me more confused - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the not knowing WTH was going on left me with the resolve to head to the ER to get thte U/S done and the HCG count.

I tried watching the u/s screen but you know how they are at this stage, tight lipped and they avoid things. I saw gestational sacs and thought maybe blighted ovum.

Since she was saying she couldn't say anything I figured I lost the baby.

So then the doctor came in and was kind of upbeat and said that they did see a 5 week gestational sac, and that my HCG levels were within normal range of a 5 week pregnancy at 9980.

I am stunned and utterly confused now that I didn't know what to say and couldn't formulate a question.

She did say that bleeding at 5 weeks was normal, but it could also mean that I was miscarrying. But that they couldn't do anything to prevent a miscarriage, well duh, but that wasn't my intention. I knew they couldn't stop it.

So I said - But I was supposed to be 10 weeks along.

And she just goes "Oh well then you are probably miscarrying. Sorry." And then leaves.

WTH!!!! I'm still trying to process all of this as it wasn't making ANY sense at all.

So here is my confusion:

U/S shows a 5 wk pregnancy
HCG count shows a 5 wk pregnancy (9980)

Calendar says should be 10 weeks.

So now if I lost the baby 5 weeks ago and have been bleeding for almost a week now, I don't get how my HCG count could still be at the 5 week level! A high level at that, IMHO. That to me makes no sense. Logically to me I think my HCG levels should have been below the 5 wk mark and not at par with it.

I do go in on Thursday to get my blood drawn again and that of course will tell us difinitively if I am truly pregnant and the #'s are increasing or decreasing.

If they are increasing then WTH happened to 5 weeks of my pregnancy?! LOL

Is it possible I was pregnant but lost it and it reabsorbed without a period because I am nursing and I just happened to O again an conceive 5 weeks later? That this bleeding is a normal period but that I'll stay pregnant (some women have period while pregnant) or is it that I am miscarrying?

So by Friday I will know one way or the other and hopefully the bleeding will have stopped by then.

Talk about freaky weird.

I can only guestimate another EDD based on the u/s to be April 21st-ish.

: I am so confused and helpless.

The downside in all of this, is that if I am still pregnant I lost 5 weeks of it somewhere and just when I thought my baby looked like a baby, it's back to being a blob and having to grow limbs again! LOL

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think you'll get alot of answers when you get your blood drawn again and see if the HCG levels have risen or not. That will tell you alot. And I hope all the good things.

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:30 PM

I am sorry they didn't give you any true answers. I had a M/C in Feb. My numbers were the same for over 2 weeks, only varying 100 points or so i neither direction. i ended up needing a d&c because my body jsut wasn't taking cer of things on it's own. i had been bleeding off and on for 4 weeks by that time.

Anything is possible, you know that. So being pregnant a second time w/o having blead between them is an option. Look at 3 weeks ago, did you DTD? i hope this works out for hte best for you. I have been following your story kinda and it just sucks that there is still no concreet answer. If you are jsut pregnant a second time ,this is going ot be the longest pregnancy EVER! Nothing like the 44th week to make you nuts!

W (26) and C (27) parenting G (11/06 ) and D (2/09 ) plus a new one (3/11)
Sometimes the greener grass is actually AstroTurf, a false promise and nothing more.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsboyko View Post
I am sorry they didn't give you any true answers. I had a M/C in Feb. My numbers were the same for over 2 weeks, only varying 100 points or so i neither direction. i ended up needing a d&c because my body jsut wasn't taking cer of things on it's own. i had been bleeding off and on for 4 weeks by that time.

Anything is possible, you know that. So being pregnant a second time w/o having blead between them is an option. Look at 3 weeks ago, did you DTD? i hope this works out for hte best for you. I have been following your story kinda and it just sucks that there is still no concreet answer. If you are jsut pregnant a second time ,this is going ot be the longest pregnancy EVER! Nothing like the 44th week to make you nuts!
I was checking the calendar to see if we may have DTD 3 weeks ago, and it's possible. I just wasn't tracking when we had sex because I was supposed to already be pregnant, LOL

Yeah this already feels like a super long first tri-mester, LOL I guess it's a good thing I deliver early.

I know the HCG draw will tell me more. I just hate all of this waiting now.

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 08-19-2008, 05:55 PM

sending lots of good vibes and hoping all works out...

As for answers, saddly, anything is possible. I've known people to miscarry early, but not see a drop in their hcg levels for a VERY long time. I have also had a friend who went in for a 12 week u/s to see a 6 week fetus - who is now a healthy 1 year old - turns out she had a missed m/c (and NO bleeding), and immediately got pregnant again.

best of luck to you!

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
Old 08-19-2008, 06:38 PM

Not in your DDC but I have been following your story.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this, mama.

I think it is VERY possible that you are pregnant for a second time and that this is indeed a viable pregnancy. Good luck hun, I will keep following you and your baby.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).

User Tag List