How is your baby's movement, can the baby float and move fast enough to feel it in different spot in an hour? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-03-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't know how to phrase my question, sorry. I'm curious how fast or far can a baby move in a given hour that you can be felt in left side of the belly and then right in an hour? Do you feel the baby in one spot for a while if so how long before you feel the baby in different spot??
I had felt the baby on my left this afternoon and then less than an hour I felt the baby on the right and was wondering if baby can move/float around this quick to the other side. (Or maybe I felt the arm on the left and leg on the right? But then is the baby long/big enough or active enough to do this?)
I'm sorry if my question is still confusing... I'm tired from shopping today, ha~ I should be laying down but I'm addicted to this site.

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM

I'm thinking not very long. I'm not a professional, but I do know that right now the baby is about five inches long, and my umbilical sac on the last US was only maybe three times larger than the baby. So it wouldn't take very long to flip or kick to the other side, esp if they are flipping head over heels.

VERY active baby!

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#3 of 7 Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM

I am getting a pretty reliable 10pm show this week, and it's all over, flip flip flip punch. DP felt the baby kick last night for the first time. So fun. So yeah- I'd say strong enough to move around a lot and pretty quickly change position.

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
#4 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 12:34 AM

I wanna feel "real" stuff. So many people who are due later than me already feel things, and all I feel is (VERY RARE) pinching.

-
#5 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyspeaking View Post
Do you feel the baby in one spot for a while if so how long before you feel the baby in different spot??
I'm popping over from the April DDC to say tat while I am not feeling the movement much at this point, I did *see* the baby on u/s last week, and within about a minute and a half, he/she was on one side and then the other. The nurse had to use the u/s machine-- whatever it's called-- on the lower left of my belly and then shift over all the way to the right. So yeah, they can move really quickly even early on, and I imagine you can feel them all over within minutes.
#6 of 7 Old 10-04-2008, 10:30 PM

I agree, they can definitely move that fast! With my first pregnancy we had an u/s at 13 weeks and he was jumping all over the place.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#7 of 7 Old 10-05-2008, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Luna,

I only felt the baby kick once (well, twice, but it was one right after the other) and it was a few days ago and I haven't felt anything since (a little unnerving, but I try to remind myself it's totally normal). I'm still waiting to feel "real" movement, too, like "wow, the baby's really awake right now" or something. I hear ya, that's for sure...

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page