The Great Craft Supply Swap of 2010! MATCHES ARE UP!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On today's menu CRAFT SUPPLIES!

I know you all love to craft and I know you all have stashes of stuff to clear out to make room for new supply love So here is a swap to trade for some new to you things to play with! You can also offer ONE of your previously crafted crafts to clear out, but only ONE per person because we want to stick with supplies as much as possible but as far as supplies go, just about anything will do! And let us know what you are looking for as well! Maybe you want to try out a new craft, or need something specific, someone may have what you want but not know it

I am limiting participants to 25, so join up quick so you don't miss a spot. This is going to be a wild ride, so jump on and let's have fun!!

The fine print:

Post and finalize your package lists by May 15 @ Midnight EST(please do not send picks until this is final!)
Private message your choices to me by May 17 @ Noon EST.
Matches will be posted by May 20.
Mail by May 31 (please contact your swap buddy if you are going to be late-most of us are not going to be upset as long as you communicate but this is a short ship time since it's materials not new projects )
This will be a reverse swap(meaning you get to choose what you would like from the available package choices). It will be limited to 25 participants, so sign up quickly!

Each package should be valued at approximately $20, it can be one item or several items to equal the value. If in doubt of the value of your item, try looking up a similar item on crafty sites to see approximately what they go for. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask.

When sending in your choices, don't forget to tell me how many packages you want to match or I might just match up all of your packages!!! Also, please try and send your picks in order of preference and send in lots of choices. This makes it much easier for matching up. I try to give everyone their first choice, but sometimes that isn't possible, so the more things you like, the easier it is.

This swap is open to all 50 states and Canada and internationally as well so please keep that in mind when determining how many packages you'd like to send and please note if you can't send to Canada or internationally in your list.

Please format your posts in the following way(it makes it easier to match up since it is all formatted the same way):

FINAL (Please mark this way when final list is posted!)
Mamatolea
I'd like to swap X packages.
I am in the US/Canada/etc.
I can/cannot ship internationally.

Mamatolea #1 Wool roving-description-pictures
Mamatolea #2 Hand crafted necklace-description-pictures

If you drop out of the swap, please edit your post so we no longer see the packages you listed. Just edit it to say "dropped"

Please send in your choices in this format:
Mamatolea #2-Hand crafted necklace
Greatswapper #5-Jean material
Addictedtoswaps #1-Hand spun yarn

Feel free to add an ISO, you never know if someone has just the thing you are looking for!

Finer print:

Participants shall not be involved in more than 3 swaps at any given time.

All participants must have some proof that a package has been sent. This can be delivery confirmation, insurance, customs forms, receipt that can be scanned from the post office or fedex, etc...

If a member does not send out a swap package in the allotted time and is not actively working with the recipient to resolve the situation, the moderator of the forum is to be contacted and they will lose their TP access until the situation is resolved.

Feedback is appreciated in all situations.

*If you still have outstanding trades, please don't participate until you have those swaps completed and sent. It isn't fair for those who are waiting for items. And if you have negative feedback that hasn't been resolved in your feedback, I will contact you to find out about the situation before you are allowed to be in the swap. I just don't want to take any chances that anyone here misses any items. We all put a lot of hard work and money into these swaps and it isn't fair for one to send and then not receive items in return.*

Please post to the thread when you send and receive your packages. This helps us keep track of when the swap is completed and lets the sender know you got the package!

Please remember to leave feedback for the mama who sent to you!

Now, on to the fun stuff!!

#1 Mamatolea-Final and picks received
#2 Dara00-Final and picks received
#3 Bluebirdiemama -Final and picks received
#4 Honeybunmom -Final and picks received
#5 Out
#6 Missmommynicenice -Final and picks received
#7 Cristeen -Final and picks received
#8 Out
#9 Sewcool -Final and picks received
#10 Adallae -Final and pick received
#11 Earthmama369 -Final- picks received
#12 Barefootbabies-Final and picks received
#13 out
#14 out
#15 Iowaorganic-Final and picks received

MATCHES!!! Pardon any errors, there were some renumbered packages and I think I tried to catch everything but if something is wrong, let me know and I will fix it

Here we go:

Adallae gets Sewcool #4 – Yarn
Adallae gets Mamatolea #1-fabric lot
Adallae sends #6 to Mamatolea
Adallae sends #5 to IO

Barefootbabies gets Honeybunmom #9: 4 skeins of Patons
Barefootbabies gets MMNN #5-felt scraps
Barefootbabies sends #1A to Honeybunmom
Barefootbabies sends #2 to MMNN

Bluebirdiemama gets Dara00 #2---nursery knitting book
Bluebirdiemama gets IO #4-boye needles
Bluebirdiemama sends #6 to Dara
Bluebirdiemama sends #3 to Mamatolea

Cristeen gets IO #3-suede pieces
Cristeen sends #11 to Earthmama

Dara gets Mamatolea #5-CUSTOM Vinyl Decals
Dara gets Bluebirdiemama #6-handpainted wool
Dara sends #2 to Bluebirdiemama
Dara sends #3 to MMNN

Earthmama gets MMNN #2 Wool Roving Egg Carton
Earthmama gets Sewcool #1 purple yarn
Earthmama gets Cristeen #11 Yarn - Wool, bulky
Earthmama sends #2 to IO
Earthmama sends #6 to Mamatolea
Earthmama sends #7 to Sewcool

Honeybunmom gets Barefootbabies #1A: wool felt
Honeybunmom gets MMNN #4 Waldorf Doll Supplies
Honeybunmom sends #7 to IO
Honeybunmom sends #9 to Barefootbabies

IO gets Earthmama #2 yarn lot
IO gets Honeybunmom #7-wool yarn
IO gets Adallae #5-flannel fabric
IO sends #1 to MMNN
IO sends #3 to Cristeen
IO sends #4 to Bluebirdiemama

Mamatolea gets Adallae #6 - Cross Stitch Kit
Mamatolea gets Bluebirdie #3-charcoal
Mamatolea gets Earthmama #6-fabric
Mamatolea sends #1 to Adallae
Mamatolea sends #2 to Sewcool
Mamatolea sends #5 to Dara

MMNN gets IO #1 –wool stuffing
MMNN gets Dara #3 yarn scraps
MMNN gets Barefootbabies #2 wool yarn
MMNN sends #2 Wool Roving Egg Carton to Earthmama
MMNN sends #4 to Honeybunmom
MMNN sends #5 to Barefootbabies

Sewcool gets Earthmama #7 fabric lot
Sewcool gets Mamatolea #2 random lot
Sewcool sends #4 to Adallae
Sewcool sends #1 to Earthmama

Thanks for playing mamas! Now, please get items sent out and remember, please post when you get your items send and include DC numbers if possible in the post

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Final!
Mamatolea
I am willing to swap as many as I match with
I am in the US
I can ship internationally

Mamatolea #1-Fabric Lot-4+ yards of blue checked cottony, 2+yds quilting fabric(flowers), 1 yd quilting fabric, 3 yds red/beige vines, pink, brown, yellow stripe soft cotton, 1.5 yds sheer fabric, 3 yds tan/flowers cotton -I will throw in a bag of random scraps too..lol

Mamatolea #2-Random Lot-Candle mold(apples), Candle mold(leaves), (2)Candy molds-squares w/fall items, bottle of water based urethane, bag for melting candle beads.

Mamatolea #3-Ribbon Lot-Huge case of ribbons, most unused at all. Lots of pretty fall ones and decorative ribbon for presents, etc. Some even have wire.

Mamatolea #4-Wool Lot-Several skeins of 100% virgin wool yarn. 2 black(2 oz each), 3 Icelandic white-50g-(would be awesome for dyeing!) and 2 brown shetland 4 ply.

Mamatolea #5-CUSTOM Vinyl Decals– These can go on vehicles, signs, glass, doors, boxes, walls in the house, skateboards, scooters, toolboxes, you imagine it, we can do it! PM me for details!
(here are a couple of ideas-not my sites, but to give you some ideas:
Wall name
or
Wall flower?
Ok you get the idea..lol(these are the decals only, not frames, banners, magnets or signs, etc)

GREAT for mamas with their own WAHM business they want to promote!!!
GREAT to decorate a nursery or bedroom with name, custom frame, design, lettering, etc!
GREAT presents for men to decorate a car, boat, truck box, tool box, man room, etc!!
GREAT for custom decorations, what is YOUR obsession? Let us cut a decal to fit YOUR tastes!
In this package, I will include some uncut vinyl for your own project use if you want!

I am ISO:
Scrapbooking-I need papers, adhesives, embellishments, etc
Fabric-I am looking for browns and pinks in solid or cool prints like paisely, etc
Wood-I would love some unfinished square blocks
Metal-Hubby wants to try chainmail, so whatever I need for that! LOL
Modeling-Hubby would also like paints or brushes for car models(to that extent, he would take uncompleted car model kits too-lmk if you have any!)
Random-Tie dye kits or procion dyes. Transfer kits for shirts, etc. Toddler friendly craft supplies like fingerpaints other washable stuff..lol.

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 AM

interested!

1. scrapbooking ideas book - Creative Keepsakes Scrapbooking Friends and Family - Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/1574864246/ and The Great Rubber Stamp Book - Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Great-Rubber-S.../dp/0806913983

2. knitting books - Debbie Bliss Nursery Knits - Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Nursery-Knits-...3863347&sr=8-1
and The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting by Nikki Trench Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Girls-Gui...3863387&sr=8-1

3. yarn scraps and balls in priority box

4. latch hook kit

5. cross stitch kit

6. cigar boxes - priority box full

I'm iso wool yarn. knitting stuff. yeah.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

FINAL
in the US, can ship to the US
as many packages as I match

bluebirdie#0.5... knit baby's bunny- lavender, about 9" x 9", wool w bamboo stuffing http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSC06168.jpg

bluebirdie#1... home/furniture design
fantastic furniture by mickey baskett
the step by step art of paint techniques by david japp m.a.
1 issue or paintdecor

bluebirdie#2.... family fun mags
fun rcipes and projects. many copies...about 20

bluebirdie#3... charcoal
generals compressed black
winsor & newton medium willow black
coates thick willow black
all unopened. total 19 sticks

bluebirdie#4...
color- a course in mastering the art of mixing colors by betty edwards
and lrg bottle acrylic paint remover/ brush cleaner.

bluebirdie#5...
25 pretty much new cray pas oil pastels

bluebirdie#6...
5 balls of handpainted wool, about 100 yards each . dk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49735490@N05/4566191784/

bluebirdie#7... fabric
hand dyed hemp, various sizes
funky stripes cotton
elephants

bluebirdie#8... fabric
4 peices of fleece, 2 peices flannel, 1 almost yard of felt
I think a yard andhalf of lightning bug flannel

bluebirdie#9 fabric
I think almos 5 yards floral fabric
2 yards brown
and various sheer fabrics, like...6 or so peices

bluebirdie#10...
wildharvested pau d'arco, organic white willow bark, organic calendula flowers-couple oz, empty 2 oz amber w dropper, 1 oz ess oil bottle

bluebirdie#11...
14 lrg microterry diaper inserts. was plannng to use for mama pads or diapers, 15" x 5", many layers, hardly used

bluebirdie....half packages

a handpainted wool lace 1 ply 850 yards, blue

b classic Pooh 1 yard

c ceramic tiles blue, 15, 3" x 3"
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I really should do this. I have a lot of scrap booking and stamping supplies that are not getting any love, as well as some yarn. I would like to get some girly, cotton fabric.

FINAL
honeybunmom
I'd like to swap as many packages as I match with.
I am in the US
I cannot ship internationally.

honeybunmom #1: Wool Pets Making 20 Figures with Wool Roving and a Barbed Needle by Laurie Sharp http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/ 4 - 20 g packages of Clover brand Natural Wool Roving - moss green, off white, black and red http://www.flickr.com/photos/14702228@N08/4610494566/

honeybunmom #2: Easy Knitted Socks Jeanette Trotman http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #3: 8 oz Handpainted yarn (purples and greens - will post pics) on unknown base. Stored in plastic bin; wound into skeins http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #4: Simply Beautiful Beading 53 Quick and Easy Projects Heidi Boyd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #5: Dream Toys A Collection of Knit and Crochet Fantastical Toys Claire Garland http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #6: scrapbooking grab bag containing 1 10 x 10 acid free scrap book; 6 assorted paper punches; bubble stickers, chipboard alphabet; chipboard accent pieces; sticky ribbons; funky fiber ribbons; creative tags; and 2 packages of metal dots

honeybunmom #7: 12 oz single ply, variegated wool yarn in shades of pink and orange. Felting yarn. Originally came as part of a felting kit, but I just wanted it for longies. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #8: 3 skeins of Plymouth Yarn Mega Colors color 7135 and 1 skein of Plymouth Yarn Encore, pink, color 449. The former is bulky and the latter is worsted. Both yarns 75% acrylic and 25% wool. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

honeybunmom #9: 4 skeins of Patons variegated wool; 1 partial skein. Size 9 wooden straight needles. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1470222...n/photostream/

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM

Sorry ladies, im out.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:21 AM

Final

MMNN, aka Heather
I'm in PA, USA
I'll swap however many

MMNN #1 The Happy Hooker (1 available)
Barely opened, I never even made anything out of it, should be with someone good at following patterns.

MMNN#2 Wool Roving Egg Carton (1 available)
12 colors of wool "eggs" will mostly be hand-dyed by my friend. A few special bits & pieces too.

MMNN #3 Hand painted Ceramic Owl Beads (1 avail)
Set of 4, hand painted swedish (I think) owl beads. Very cute!

MMNN #4 Waldorf Doll Supplies (1 avail)
a selection of doll skin, wool stuffing, & velour, enough to make a few small dolls plus photo copies of pattern of your choice

MMNN #5 Felt Scraps (1 avail)
A mix of wool & ecospun, medium sized priority box shoved full.

MMNN #6 Alpaca (1 avail)
Large priority box filled with alpaca wool, the third cuts suitable for felting or stuffing. Not washed or carded.

MMNN #7 Herbs (1 avail)
Sampling of herbs from my stand, the standards & some special ones, for mixing & creating as you wish.

MMNN #8 Needle Felting starter (1 avial)
my own pattern to the birds nest pin, wool enough to make several, pin backs, one felting needle, and a felting foam

MMNN #9 Terrarium Starter Kit (1 avail)
one big jar (approx 1 gallon), gravel, charcoal, & dry moss - collect your own live moss & ferns to create a unique terrarium

MMNN #10 Wet Felting Starter (1 avail)
a few pieces of soap made by my friends & wool to felt over them.

MMNN #11 Little Felt Animals (1 avail)
copy of this adorable book, barely used, and a small pack of animal colored wool.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Felted-...8&sr=8-1-fkmr1

ISO: Silks, silk dyes, special yarn, BUTTONS!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm in!

I'll have to dig through my craft supplies when little boy takes a nap. But I should be able to come up with at least 3.

ISO:
Bonded suede or something similar for the soles of baby shoes.
Size 20 snap pieces in non-bright colors
pattern for an infant's snap-front tee
cotton knit fabric in solid colors
wool or cotton or bamboo stuffing
coordinating fabrics (2-3) in lights/brights - to make stuffed animals (1/2 yd or so)
Flannel backed satin in a color/pattern that would make a nice blankie - I can only find character prints
Hemp fleece or another fabric suitable for family cloth
Manual to a Bernina Bernette Serger
Panda Silk yarn in Walnut or Granite
2-sided quilted fabric
Fabric - 6 coordinating prints/solids for making blocks (1/4-1/3 yd of each)
Iron transfer pencil/crayons for fabric. I haven't seen these in the store in years, but we used to have them.
Cotton quilt batting - any size.

Ok - here are pictures - if you need more detail or a picture for something I haven't included, please PM me.

I really need to stop digging through my sewing room. I'm rather disgusted by the number of things I keep coming up with that I'm willing to part with.

Unless someone asks for something more, I'm going to call this final.

FINAL
Cristeen
I'd like to swap (no limit) packages.
I am in the US
I can ship internationally.

cristeen1 4 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun (3 available) - I have 4 skeins of Renaissance and 8 skeins of Barrington available. These are both purple based colorways, Renaissance is a bit brighter, Barrington is more muted. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4082.jpg

cristeen2 2 quilting books - oversized hardcover (2 available). Your choice: Erica Wilson's Quilts of America, Quilts from Happy Hands (Wright), Quilted Clothing (Laury), Prize Country Quilts (Johnson). These are all late 70s, early 80s books, they all contain patterns. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4086.jpg

cristeen3
Cross stitch pack - Christmas Stocking themed. This is 2 kits - one is embellished cross stitch, the other is counted cross stitch. One is Santa with animals, the other is a snowflake cuff on a plain stocking. Both kits are complete. Also a book "Christmas Stockings in Cross-Stitch", and a cross-stitch magazine issue with a stocking on the cover.

cristeen4 Cross stitch pack - Santa themed. This is 2 charts and a book "Santa's Great Book", chock full of different santas to X-stitch.

cristeen5 Cross stitch pack - Baby themed. This is 2 kits - one is stamped cross stitch, the other is counted. They are both wall hangings, one is baby stats, the other is an animal alphabet. Both kits are complete. Also a baby stats blanket chart and an aida blanket.

cristeen6 Book "Carousel Horses in Cross-Stitch" - I'll also add a piece of aida cloth from my stash.

cristeen7
Crochet baby Afghan books (6 books)

cristeen8
Crochet afghan books (5 books)

cristeen9 (double) Fabric - this is suiting, unsure of fiber content. 3 pieces, in 2 coordinates. One is a large check (black, blue, green, purple), and the other is a black with basically dots forming stripes - it's hard to describe. It was originally intended for a blazer and matching skirt(s). Roughly 4 yds (2x2 yd) of the small pattern and 2 1/2 yds of the large. This will count as 2 swap slots. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4083.jpg

cristeen10 Fabric - this is reclaimed. I think they were intended to be tablecloths. There are 2 of them, they're in the same print, but they're just different enough that they don't match. Girly/spring colors, printed to look like a patchwork, definitely feel like cotton. Roughly 1 1/2 yd and 2 yds. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4084.jpg

cristeen11 Yarn - Wool, bulky. This is not suitable for clothing, very rough handspun. I frogged a fair isle sweater for it. It'll be great for a rug or a playmat or felting though. Roughly 2 pounds, in beige, gray, purple and navy. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4087.jpg

The yarn below is all of unknown origin and fiber content, but is most likely synthetic. If there are cones in the picture, then weight listed includes the weight of the cones.

cristeen12
Yarn - fingering/lace weight. Bright purple/black twist. Roughly 2 pounds. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4088.jpg

cristeen13
Yarn - Light tan lace weight. This has a texture similar to slubbed silk. Roughly 1 pound. Cobweb weight (almost like a thread weight) beige, smooth. Roughly 1 pound. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4089.jpg

cristeen14
Yarn - sock weight(?). Lavender boucle, 1/2 pound. Purple boucle, 1 1/2 pounds. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4090.jpg

cristeen15
Yarn - fingering/lace weight. Turquoise/white boucle. 5 hanks, roughly 8 oz each. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4091.jpg

cristeen16
(double) Boyes interchangeable knitting needle set. This counts as 2 swap slots.

cristeen23 Fabric - 4 yards of pink on pink print knit uncut. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4095.jpg

cristeen24
Fabric (2 available) - These are fabric strips (2 inch) cut for rag/toothbrush/braided rugs (or whatever other purpose you can come up with). I have one bag of various browns, and one bag of turquoise and gold. Each bag is roughly 3.5 lbs. browns turquoise

cristeen25
Fabric (2 available) - This is quilted fabric - one sided (backed with a woven mesh). The black floral is roughly 4 yds, and the green/blue paisley is roughly 3 yds. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4098.jpg

Halfsies:
cristeen17.5 10 sheets handmade paper - mostly beige, but there's a tq and a pink, all different textures. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4085.jpg

cristeen18.5
Crochet leaflets (7) - kids toys

cristeen19.5
Complete Book of Home Stenciling - includes 24 stencil sheets

cristeen20.5
Manual for a Bernina 830 (copy)

cristeen21.5 Fabric - approx 200 2.5 inch circles cut for yo-yos. I believe each one is unique, and they run the gamut of textures/colors/fabric types. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4094.jpg

cristeen22.5 Lace snowflake kits (2 available) - there is 1 kit in each pattern, and each kit makes 3 snowflakes. They make great tags/additions to Xmas presents. The snowflakes in the picture aren't finished, but they show you the general idea/pattern. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...n/140_4093.jpg 1 still available

cristeen26.5 Ball of Malabrigo - not sure which specific yarn this is, as I don't have a tag for it. It's wool, thick & thin, solid burgundy - that's all I know about it.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm not going to be able to get organized enough in time for this. Have fun everyone!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:46 PM

FINAL

iso- worsted weight soft wool yarn for longies and soakers
velcro and elastic, thread, fabric, double pointed and circular needles, tie dye, fabric scraps (not floral), kids crafty stuff, scrapbooking things, any sewing supplies such as zippers, buttons, ribbon ect.

I can do about 3 swaps in the us

PACKAGES

sc #1- Purple 100% wool yarn- http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...urrent=005.jpg (can do 1)
4 skeins this is a good amount of yarn! very nice yarn that was given to me but I was given way too much of this yarn. Its not good for kids clothing or longies.

sc#2- Blue 100% wool yarn- http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...urrent=002.jpg ( can do 1) 3 large skeins this is also a very good amount of yarn! very nice yarn that was given to me but I was given way too much of this yarn. Its not good for kids clothing or longies.

sc #3- variety pack of yarn- http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...rrent=0062.jpg (can do 3) I have a TON of yarn that is looking for a new home. I will give you a good amount of it with this swap! I need to destash it

Sc#4- a huge pack of scrapbooking supplies this piture shows nothing compared to whats in it http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...urrent=017.jpg (can do 1)

bfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifmomsling.GIFsewmachine.gifknit.gifMama to Gavin, Lily, and Soren 
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Alright! This is going to be an awesome swap mamas <3 Can't wait!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
*Bernina 830 manual (hahaha pretty out there but you never know!)
Indeed you don't. I have an 830 and I'm happy to photocopy the book for you. Guess I should take the hint and ask for the book to my serger, huh?

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

Old 04-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Can I join?

I need to go through my supplies. I have a bunch of clay, fabric, yarn, sewing patterns, DMC thread, and a couple of unopened cross stitch kits. I'll be back to post my packages soon!

Anyone else do minis or dollhouses? I have boxes and boxes of furniture, decor, and supplies.

FINAL:
I can swap as many as I am matched with
I can ship anywhere
I am in the US

Adallae #1 - Crochet Pattern Books - 1 book of kids afghan patterns, 2 smaller books of baby items (hats, sweaters, etc.), 1 book of Care Bear themed afghans and 1 book Care Bear themed matching pillows.

Adallae #2 - Sewing Patterns (Girls) - 4 pattern packets for little girls clothes, infant through about 30lbs. Butterick and McCalls.

Adallae # 3 - Sewing Patterns (Mixed) - 4 patter packets for boys and girls, infant through about 30lbs. 1 pattern set is for diaper bags. Also Butterick and McCalls.

Adallae #4 - Diaper Cover Making - Approximately 4 yards of white PUL for diaper covers, diaper bin liners, or anything else that needs to be waterproof. Also including diaper cover pattern from Very Baby and white elastic (at least 5 yards, might be more).

Adallae #5 - Flannel Fabric - I have 5 or 6 different patterns, about a yard of each. Great for cloth diapering wipes.

Adallae #6 - Cross Stitch Kit and Thread - I have a cross stitch kit (medium sized, a butterfly) that I opened but did not start. Everything is still in the kit but the needle. Also have a plastic storage container with approximately 35 different DMC threads, not used, all wrapped neatly on little cardboard thread holders.

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 PM

Ooh. I'm seeing a lot of wool that people are looking to send to new homes. I needle felt, so that could be very cool. I'm also a failed knitter, a failed seamstress (ok, never even got far enough to claim that title, but "sewer" just looks so wrong!), and for some reason the proud owner of a ridiculous number of fabric paints. I'll go through our stuff and put together a few offerings, if there's room for one more in this swap.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adallae View Post
Can I join?
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Ooh. I'm seeing a lot of wool that people are looking to send to new homes. I needle felt, so that could be very cool. I'm also a failed knitter, a failed seamstress (ok, never even got far enough to claim that title, but "sewer" just looks so wrong!), and for some reason the proud owner of a ridiculous number of fabric paints. I'll go through our stuff and put together a few offerings, if there's room for one more in this swap.
Absolutely(and you sound a lot like me except it was crochet for me-I never bothered to try knitting..lol)

Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Absolutely(and you sound a lot like me except it was crochet for me-I never bothered to try knitting..lol)
I've heard tell that some people are really just wired for one or the other. If you've tried one and not managed it, I recommend you try the other. Interestingly, the number of people who can do both is relatively small.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I've heard tell that some people are really just wired for one or the other. If you've tried one and not managed it, I recommend you try the other. Interestingly, the number of people who can do both is relatively small.
Oh, I can crochet. I have made blankets and such, I just don't dig it..lol
Knitting has too much math for me! LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM

I just want to add, I'd really like to find a set of alphabet metal stamps, like for hammering the letters into metal.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM

how can we get more people?

bfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifmomsling.GIFsewmachine.gifknit.gifMama to Gavin, Lily, and Soren 
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewcool View Post
how can we get more people?
Try posting a link to it in the yarn crafts, diaper making, and sewing boards.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Hi, I'd like to join. I've never done a swap before, so I feel free to yell at me if I screw something up

I should be able to do as many packages as we can find matches for. Other than wool yarn (I knit - a lot ) I'm not really ISO anything, but I love trying new things, so I'll have fun looking over the offerings!

FINAL!

I am in the US, I can ship anywhere, and I can do as many packages as we can match. I have to offer:

BFB#1A: Wool roving, see picture for colors/amount

BFB#1B: Wool roving, see picture for colors/amount

BFB#2: Wool yarn, 3 skeins of Lion Brand 100% wool in coordinating colors - one solid purple, two purple, green and brown variegated. About 475 yards.

Also choose a finger puppet pattern - raccoon, penguin, pig, or lion.

BFB#3: Cotton & Acrylic yarns, I'm guessing about 100 yards for the smaller skeins in the middle, and 150-200ish for the brown and orange. All are acrylic, except for the brown which is 100% cotton. I also found a thick pink acrylic and a sport weight sage green acrylic which I am adding, they are not pictured.

BFB#4: Bead loom, a gazillion seed beads, floss, needles, etc. PLEASE NOTE: The bead case/organizer is not included. I can bag the different colored beads seperately, or throw them all on one bag, whatever you prefer.

BFB#5: One "Knit-Kit" from my Etsy shop - includes a a retractable 60" tape measure, 4 handmade beaded stitch markers, 4 standard stitch markers, a small yarn cutting retractable blade, a darning needle for finishing all in an Altoid-sized tin.

BFB#6: (halfsies)

A. Misc. wood pieces - hearts, rings, handles, caps...

B. Ribbon galore - 8 big spools, 3 small spools, some small scraps, and a big old bundle of nice silk ribbon.

C. Misc. - about 100 various buttons, a small felt hat, broken tile pieces (for mosaics, etc.) and 2 different kinds of circles. The white ones are plastic, fairly strong, but flexible (15ish of them) and the black are a rubbery material, I'm not sure what it is (maybe rubber!) - about 30-40 of them. DH brought them home from work, he thought I could use them for something. I've held on to them, but inspiration never struck - maybe someone else can find a use!

D. T-shirt transfers, and a scrapbooking tool. Sort of self-explanatory, lol. An unopened pack of t-shirt transfers, and a cutting tool for scrapbooking (I haven't found the blade, but if I do, I will send that as well).

I think that's it! This should be fun

Amy, knit.gifwife to Luishola.gif, Mama to Taye (6), Darius (4), & Mya (2.5)  jumpers.gif and friend of Lola dog2.gif
Awaiting our Grand Finale, Haven Xavier in July 2011 ****5****10****15****20****25****heartbeat.gif****35****stork-suprise.gif
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbabies View Post
Hi, I'd like to join. I've never done a swap before, so I feel free to yell at me if I screw something up This should be fun
Welcome to the swapping addiction board mama <3 (and a local to me mama to boot, SA-WEET!!)

Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 AM

Oooo!!!!! I'm in

I can ship Internationally!

IHA: (will post packages later, but a teaser for now!)
* scrapbook: new albums, paper, embellishments, etc.
* knitting: sugar 'n cream cotton yarn & pattern book
* craft books: TBA later!
* Living Crafts magazines

ISO:
wool yarn: super wash in any color
knitting pattern for the "Baby Surprise sweater"
felting needle holder
knitting tower for little ones
waldorf type crayons/paints/water color paper
crafting magazines (current 2009/2010 issues)

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
Old 04-30-2010, 02:08 PM

Scrap #1 Rotary Cutter
*Like new 45mm Olfa Rotary cutter with brand new blade
*Two new spools of good quality thread (colors of my choosing)

Scrap#2 Swimsuit Fabric
*A little over 1.5 yards of cute patchy printed stretch swimsuit fabric
*New spool of matching thread

Jenny, proud maker of red things
Old 05-01-2010, 03:06 PM

IO- in US can ship to US. FINAL

Can swap as many packages as I match.

IO#1 2.5 lbs of wool stuffing from West Earl Mill

IO#2 Courderoy cuts (1 1/2 yd patchwork, 2 yd floral)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24745581@N07/4612180326/

IO #3 Suede pieces with wool pieces perfect for making little slippers.

IO#4 Vintage boye interchangeable knitting needles (including a the funky original case) with 2 partial balls of wool yarn (my choice from my stash) The needles are complete and were a swap with another mama I was going to gift then never did.

IO#5 Yarn- blue and green swtc bamboo (about 75 gr), 2 balls of green cotton yarn, and some green knitpicks cotton- 2 partial balls. Perfect set to knit up some bath washclothes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24745581@N07/4611562869/

IO#6 Pieced quilt top -DOUBLE- 52"x62" heavy weight cotton
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24745581@N07/4612175678/

IO #7 Small quilt top and home decor swatches. 28"x28"- heavy weight cotton
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24745581@N07/4611565759/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24745581@N07/4611567251/

iso- wool yarn, fabric, glass beads,

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 05-01-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
can I be in even though I am about an hour late? I have been debating and think this would be a good idea.

I will go through my stash once this is confirmed.
Sure thing! Added and now sign ups are closed, so ladies, let's get our lists up and finalized!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
can I be in even though I am about an hour late? I have been debating and think this would be a good idea.

I will go through my stash once this is confirmed. Awesome I will add packages as I go through.

IO#1 2.5 lbs of wool stuffing from West Earl Mill

IO, is this suitable for filling waldorf dolls? I have all this stuff sitting around to make them & no stuffing...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
IO, is this suitable for filling waldorf dolls? I have all this stuff sitting around to make them & no stuffing...

yup! It is what I used on yours. (I think I made your DS one right?)

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM

I really need to stop digging through my sewing room. It's gross how long that list is, and it's just getting longer.

Is anyone interested in garment fabric? I'm not going to even go through that drawer unless someone's interested. Most of what I have is poly blends (satins, skirting, maybe some rayons).

How about wool sweater pieces? I disassembled a bunch of wool sweaters and then realized I'm not really into sewing covers (I prefer to knit/crochet them). But I have enough for probably a dozen wraps/longies if someone is interested in sewing them (they've been fulled, but not fully felted). I suppose if I could get my serger working, I'd be more willing to do it myself...

I also have a bunch of good quality/interesting fabric men's button-downs that I kept from the Goodwill pile for repurposing. They're supposed to make really nice girl's dresses... but I have a boy.

If any of that sounds interesting, let me know and I'll go through those piles, sort and post pictures... otherwise I'm going to skip it and call my list final.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM

I'd also like to add to my ISO the following:

waldorf body quality velour - green & red particularly for the holidays - I'd take less fabric to get the colors I want - I make mostly little dolls

small gypsy type bells that could be sewn to things...I have a string of belly dancer bells to give you an idea of the size/look..

Silk scraps

User Tag List