Feb08 DDC 2nd trimester swap OPEN!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I know this is early days for most of us still, but it's nice to get a jump on things

To sign up, please send me a PM with your name and address on it. International mamas, please consider including a phone number so US mamas can use paypal shipping If you have any allergies or sensitivities, please mention. Also, if there is an animal or smoker in your home, even if you don't allow them in the house, please tell me. This information will be kept confidential.

Signups by August 24, 2007
Post by September 30, 2007

This is a secret swap, so you will not know who is posting to you, and is just for mama- pregnancy related treats, goodies, etc. Please post in the thread specifying your wants, needs, hearts desires, etc.- any crafts or hobbies you have, any interests or obsessions we may share... Then read your recipients wants, needs, etc, and put together a beautiful parcel for them. The guide price for this swap is $25, but feel free to be generous

Because we have a fairly large number of international mamas in this DDC, I'm assuming that everyone is prepared to post internationally unless they tell me otherwise. Please, be discreet and tell me by PM. For a tutorial in international postage and the art of customs forms, feel free to PM me- otherwise, all I will say is that GPS rocks

AND finally, it is an MDC requirement that proof of postage is obtained, in the form of a DC number or a PO receipt that can be scanned. It comes in very handy in case of dispute Also, please let me know as soon as possible if you're running late, and definitely by the first week of October

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Yay - I'm in! I'll be up for international as well. I have to think on things a bit, so I'll be back later with my wish list. Thanks for running this Helen!
#3 of 6 Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 PM

I'm in and international is fine, but it would be nice if I could be paired with another low-income mama wherever she lives.

I'm planning a UC/UP and will not know the gender until after the birth when I feel like checking.

I have older children with fairly pressing financial needs so please don't underestimate how much little luxuries like crystals and Rescue Remedy and scented oils can cheer me up.

A cool weather maternity shirt that you're tired of would be nice too.

Mostly, my heart's desire is for something unexpected that is meaningful to YOU and expresses YOUR personality and what is special about the relationship that you and I have built from our interactions here at MDC.

Oh, and I am vegan, avoiding peanuts and other common food allergens, and don't like chocolate unless I am 100% sure that it is fair trade.

Thanks again for doing this, Helen; these sort of swaps always make me feel so special and so connected to my friends.
#4 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 AM

Yeah!

I'll have to post more later, but I'm excited.
#5 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 AM

I think I'd be in!

I can't think of anything we really need. We're international and it's hard for me to get to the post office, but I could send somethign from a website to my mama since I have a US credit card .

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#6 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 PM

I would love to join this

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page