March 2008 DDC First Trimester Swap. Mail pkgs by 9/5! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Signups and Lists posted by August 22, 2007
Send your picks to me by August 26, 2007 (I will post matches ASAP)
Packages mailed by September 5, 2007

Please read the entire first post before joining the swap. To reduce clutter in the thread please edit your original post if you need to change anything.

This is a Mama Swap for mama-pregnancy related treats, goodies, or whatever mama feels would be pampering to her. When all mamas have posted their lists (8/22) choose 3 or more choices and PM them to me by 8/26. I will try my hardest to get you matched with a mama that you have chosen but sometimes that is just not possible. Please remember to check the location of the mamas you choose. If you choose an international mama I am assuming that you are okay shipping out of the country.

Packages should have a value of at least $15 (not including shipping). Mama made crafts and gently used items can have a dollar amount added to them as well, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the value of an item.

Also remember per MDC Swap rules you must have proof of shipping. That can be a post office receipt or delivery confirmation. This is helpful in case of disputes.

Questionnaire (cut and paste into your post):

Location (state or country):
Interests:
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate):
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?:
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?:
Allergies?:
Wishlist:
Anything else you think may help the giver:

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#2 of 53 Old 08-07-2007, 03:45 PM

Location (state or country): NC
Interests: reading, baking, bargain hunting, thrifting, etc., getting information and making healthier choices for myself and my family (sadly-my boss had to help me come up with this list)
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): No characters please. I like all colors, kind of picky about tye-dye.
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Yes. Prefer EO's or naturaly smells to anything perfumey.
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Yes to both
Allergies?: No
Wishlist: love WAHM made soaps and lotions.
Anything else you think may help the giver: dd and I like to take baths together. I'm trying to motivate myself to learn how to knit-I have a skein of yarn (it's grey, wondering if I need something pretty to motivate me), needles, and a dvd, but just haven't started trying-would love something to help get me started-although I don't know what that would be..., I'd like to try a soy candle. I'm sure this is easier if you list lots of ideas, but I'm pretty easy-going, not hard to please.
#3 of 53 Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM

nvm.
#4 of 53 Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM
DBZ

subbing

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#5 of 53 Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 AM

Joining

Location (state or country):Cali
Interests:ASL ,reading , CD ,
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate):not too into characters and the like
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?:Lite scents are ok
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?:I love momma made stuff . used is ok in EC
Allergies?:None to my knowledge
Wishlist:Not sure ..
Anything else you think may help the giver:nope but feel free to ask
#6 of 53 Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 PM

subbing too
#7 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Joining.

Location (state or country): Washington State

Interests: Reading, gardening, sewing, scrapbooking, baking, cooking, birth (I'm a doula and hope to be a MW when the kids are older)

Don't really like characters of any kind,

I am really sensitive to smells lately so please PM me if you want to get a smelly item

Mama made is great, used is ok in EC only

Allergies?: none

Wishlist: Bath and body works cucumber melon lotion, vanilla candles, Joanns gift card, chocolate, Silent Knife (book, used is fine), other good lotions, bath stuff, other pampering items you think I may like, Burts bees lip stuff,

Anything else you think may help the giver: I am planning a HBAC. I'm pretty open please PM me if you have any questions about anything you think I may like.

Subject to editing until swap due date.

#8 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 AM

I can't do the swap after all. Do to some issues of harassment on another board, I no longer feel safe giving out my address for swaps.
#9 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 AM

Location (state or country): Physically located in Germany, I have an American address (APO) so no international shipping charges apply, though a customs form is needed.
Interests: Knitting, sewing, World of Warcraft, reading (sci-fi/fantasy)
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): No characters
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Sure.
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Absolutely
Allergies?: None - DH is severely allergic to tree nuts
Wishlist: Wool diaper covers, yarn, fabric
Anything else you think may help the giver: Nothing that I can think of
#10 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM

Location (state or country): GA
Interests: anything related to pregnancy, birth, bfing (cbe, doula apprentice mw), reading
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): no characters pls
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: yes
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: yes
Allergies?: none
Wishlist: I love advocacy clothing, good chocolate...can't think of anything else this am
Anything else you think may help the giver: not at this time

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#11 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 AM

I'm answering these based on what I would want for me...not for my little one, right?

Location (state or country): West Virginia

Interests: I love to read, take long baths and get stolen moments to pamper myself (so rare nowadays!). I love vintage things and antiques.

Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): I really like earth tones...brown is one of my favorite colors. Not big on tie-dye.

Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: I can be sensitive to strong scents. I do not like lavender or other musky smells. I prefer lighter, more floral scents that aren't heavy (honeysuckle, liliac, etc.).

Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Yes on both.

Allergies?: No allergies but strong scents give me headaches.

Wishlist: I'd love to have something "regional". Maybe something that is special to where you live and I wouldn't necessarily be able to get here or have tried before.

Anything else you think may help the giver: I'm not picky at all!! I'm very easy to please and would be happy and grateful for whatever.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#12 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Location (state or country):
Oregon
Interests:
baking, sewing, gardening, games
No characters please, and nothing overly "smelly" I'm sensitive to strong smells (especially right now lol!)
Natural scents are best.
Yup!
Allergies?:
Nope.
Wishlist:
Anything for the baby...gn clothing, cd supplies, sewing supplies, and bath stuff for me.
Anything else you think may help the giver:
Nothing that could potentially be included in these ever-growing lead recalls please!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#13 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Location (state or country): Triangle, NC

Interests: Reading, films, cooking, babywearing, left politics

Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): Nothing with characters or commercial marketing. I'm not terribly "girly" with clothes but nice smelly stuff is always good.

Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Yes, as long as it's natural

Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Yes! Of course

Allergies?: Don't think so

Wishlist: Natural soaps, lotions, bath stuff etc; anything for baby; CD supplies (I mostly don't but want to start); birth aids; photo frames; books... I'm really not picky!

Anything else you think may help the giver: no, but ask away!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#14 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM

subbing--will come back and add my list later
#15 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM

INTERESTS: reading, poetry, pilates, coffee, chocolate, babywearing, birth, cozy things (blankets, slippers,...), photography...

DISLIKES: no characters, bold colors or strong scents please

ARE YOU OK WITH SCENTS: I'm o.k. with light, natural scents. I do not like "rose" scent.

MAMA MADE OK? GENTLY USED? Indeed. Would prefer gently used items in EC.

ALLERGIES: pet dander, cigarette smoke, strong scents

WISHLIST: tea, soy candles, Burt's Bees items (any, would love the new belly oil or some new brown/black eye liner), natural pampering items, love the 'useful jewelry' idea, book of pregnancy affirmations or meditations, relaxation/meditation c.d. ...I don't know, I'm not too picky. Anything would be fun and appreciated.

ANYTHING ELSE? Feel free to p.m. me

*may edit later*
#16 of 53 Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 PM

I am very excited about this.. I've never done this before!

Location (state or country): Queens, new York

Interests: Art, music, Bon Jovi, decorating, movies, excersing, reading, animals, trashy gossip mags and international travel

Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): Not a fan of characters or TV. I don't like tye dyed anything, I'm not too "girly" and have a bit of a rock edge.

Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: I love eo's and natural smelling scents but hate Patchouli and strong "fruity" scents

Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Absolutely yes to both

Allergies?: Yes but not to anything I think anybody would send me but PM me if yu are unsure

Wishlist: Anything EMAB, Natural soaps, bath stuff, shampoos and lotions, face masks, etc. Chocolate, photo frames, photo albums, candles, beaded jewlery... I think I've mentoned enough

Anything else you think may help the giver: I really try to be as animal cruelty free as possible
#17 of 53 Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 AM

Location (state or country): FL
Interests: reading, watercoloring
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): chocolate artificaila smells
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: onbly EO
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: yes
Allergies?: artificial smells
Wishlist: cloth dipes in GN, burts bees products, any thing natural ( I am a hippy ) homemade soaps Fronst fish cove and Blue house
Anything else you think may help the giver: I love tie dye, sarongs, and I shope Hyena cart alot. OOOH and candles for my home birth. so anything HB related would b e nice to make my HB "pretty" LOL

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#18 of 53 Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 PM

Location (state or country):MA
Interests:mom of two, vegetarian, history teacher. I am a Unitarian Universalist who is obsessed with religious practices. I also teach a class called Religions of the World. I love prayers and meditations. I love walking and running.
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): I don't love characters. All colors are good : )
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Yes. Essential oils are best, but I like most scents.
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Both even better than new/storebought
Allergies?:none
Wishlist:healthy treats, books of prayers for baby, family, thanksgiving. Calligraphy or artwork of a prayer, anything beaded, anything homemade
Anything else you think may help the giver: I don't like candles.
#19 of 53 Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM

Joining...

Location (state or country):TN
Interests:Reading, homeschooling, healthy living, gardening
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate):I mostly like earthtones and I'm not really into characters per se, but I wouldn't hate anything.
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Yes, just not Jasmine, please!
Mama made ok? Absolutely!Gently used items okay?:Absolutely!
Allergies?:Nada
Wishlist:Hum, anything pamperish...goatmilk soaps? Anything to enhance my birthing room.
Anything else you think may help the giver:I'm really easy going. I will like pretty much anything.
#20 of 53 Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Yeah, I barely made it~ Sooo excited to join!!

Location (state or country): Palmer, Alaska (shipping really isn't that much higher especially if you use flat rate priority box)
Interests: Learning how to Sew and Crochet, Drinking Tea (except flora flavors), Learning how to live more natural and getting rid of the toxins in my house , Photography, Traveling, Playing with my 2 year old.
Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): Not a fan of anytype of cartoon characters or commercial patterns. Really prefer trendy, simple, or fun patterns. Don't like cheeta, snake, tiger prints either~
Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Love Lavendar, Hate Vanilla or cooking scents, not real wild about peach or rose either. flowers and fruit ok too~ EO are the best!
Mama made ok? Gently used items okay?: Mama made great, No clothes or bath items used, but books and other items Great~
Allergies?:Speramint, can't handle smoke at all either~
Wishlist: Love Burt's bees, or anything from the natural stores!! Love Turquoise, Blues, and Sage Green for House Items. Love Pier1 type things~ Love Jewerly especially cuffs/bracelets!!
Anything else you think may help the giver: No candles please, I have WAY too many!! I'm very easy to please and just the thrill of opening something for me is the best part!!
#21 of 53 Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Everyone send me your picks by 8/26!

#22 of 53 Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Can I still join?

Location (state or country):Manitoba, Canada

Interests:Nature, running, my 3 year old dd, sewing, reading, music (I listen to quite a variety, play a few instruments and want to learn more, am trying to find time to learn the guitar now)

Dislikes (colors, characters, is there anything you would hate): I'm not sure I'd hate anything.

Are you okay with scents, essential oils, other smells?: Some, not too fond of the dark scents, don't like strong or perfumey smells

Mama made ok? Yup
Gently used items okay? Yup (as long as they're in really good condition)

Allergies?: cigarette/tobacco smoke, have sensitive skin

Wishlist: information or a DVD of prenatal or normal yoga I could do with my 3 year old dd, someone to hook me up with a northern seamstress who can make an amautik (hey, it said WISH list ), healthy snacks, a pul lined zipper bag big enough for a laptop lunch box, basically I just like receiving a package in the mail to open!

Anything else you think may help the giver: I like the colour purple, and green too. Not really into advocacy clothing. Don't really need anymore candles unless they're tealights. I like cozy things and useful things. If you think it's special I probably will too

(since I'm late and located outside the US I'll understand if I don't get picked)
#23 of 53 Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Still waiting on some picks. I could just pick someone but if they can ship anywhere. Will try and get the list posted ASAP.

#24 of 53 Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

if we could have the list posted by thursday that would be great, because I'm leaving thursday and would love to know who I'm shopping for at the beach!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#25 of 53 Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Just received the last PM so I am working on it right now. Kid willing give me 20 minutes if not by the afternoon for sure.

#26 of 53 Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Should we extend the package ship date or is the current date of 9/5 okay for everyone? PM your swap partner for their address. The list is in ABC order.

1Plus2 to XanaduMama
Alisaparent to Pumpkingirl71
AllisonK to delaneymom
Delaneymom to Alisaparent
Doulanichole to Jillybeans
Healthnutmama to Isaacsmom
Isaacs_mom to JustJamie
Jillybeans to AllisonK
JustJamie to Mommycakes
Lolafanana to Zonapellucida
Mommycakes to 1Plus2
Porphy to doulanichole
Pumpkingirl71 to Lolafanana
XanaduMama to Porphy
Zonapellucida to healthnutmama

#27 of 53 Old 08-29-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Make sure and post here to say you have sent your package and post delivery confirmation number if you have one.

#28 of 53 Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM

I'll be mailing mine out on the 5th, it's the day we are going to town, so the 5th works for me! Thanks for doing this allison!

#29 of 53 Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Delaneysmom your package went out today. DC # 0306 2400 0001 0179 9996 Please let me know when you get it.

#30 of 53 Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Whew! I got my package in the mail today. It was sent priority mail and should be there in 2 days (so the 7th or 8th). Here's the
delivery
conf. #: 03062400000075874088.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page