I am torn here... Just give me one good reliable reason and I won't do it! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did not know a THING about natural parenting when I was prego with our first at the age of 19. I did everything the doc said. Including all vax's till age 3. He was always sick, had tons and tons of ear infections, and antibiotics. Then..... After the birth of our 2nd I stumbled upon Mothering searching for cloth diapering ideas. I began to learn and read about many things that have changed our lives... I could go on and on.. I became very afraid of vaccines. No real reason just everything I saw here. I stopped all vaccines in our family....

Now two children later, Four all together, I have been pushed, and pushed to the point that sometimes I feel like I may be harming our kids by not doing it. I told our family that we are doing delayed vax'es. Just to buy more time... Now our 3rd is three and they are hounding me again. I made an app today to talk to our Dr. I really do not want to do it. I have done some research and I feel like the risks are far higher that the dieseases that they claim to cover..... Oh, I am so torn.... Some people so not want their kids to play with mine cuz they find them unprotected and unsafe.:

Are there some that are good or safer and needed than others?
Is delaying them and spreading them out better?
Are the ones without the Thermosiol better?
What is in them?

None of our children have has the ckicken Pox cuz they have not had the chance to be exposed. I am concerned about that too. Our oldest is 9.

Are our kids safe without them.

Seems that our unvaxed kids are healthier and happier. But our lifestyle is much different now too!

Oh, my DH has a nefew with Autisim. His parents swear that it was from the Vaccines. But they gave them to their 2 children folowing too????
#2 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:18 PM

It’s your choice and follow what you believe. Personally, I wouldn’t tell anyone about my vax decisions because people will try to beat you down for your choices and make you second guess yourself. You don’t have to justify why you vax or don’t vax.

If you talk to your ped, don’t agree to anything right away and still do your research. Some peds feel strongly about vaxing. I vaxed my DD earlier this week and declined one vaccine (Hepatitis B). The ped wanted know why, and my DH mentioned mercury (thanks dear, but that’s not the reason why *sigh*) and the dr went on a crazy tangent about mercury and autism. At the end, I said “Thank you, but I still decline”.

So research again, try the links throughout this forum and go with what feels right to you. Especially look at the CDC pink book, because it will tell you what’s in it and the statistics for each disease, even though the CDC is biased towards getting vaxed.
#3 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Simply not being sure is one of the best reasons to not vaccinate right now.

But really this is a choice you have to make yourself. In your opinion, based on the research you have done, do the risks of the vaccines outweigh the benefits or do the benefits outweigh the risks?

The answer can be different for each individual vaccine.

Questions to maybe ask youself:
Do you live in an area that has shown an increase in VPD?
Do you travel a lot to areas with high rates of VPD?
Are your kids prone to getting sick or unnaturally healthy?

One piece of advice - don't take the kids to the doctor with you. No sense in having them there if you're worried about being pressured into something you're not sure you want to do.
#4 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM

I would not go in to the appointment with the doctor yet. Personally I would sit down and read, and watch videos from mothering. Let me see if I can find my links. Honestly it really comes down to research for yourself. I had a personally experience, and it tells a very diff. story than perhaps someone who has not experienced the same outcomes... two completely diff. views, and really that is all that the doctors are going to see as well. There are always studies done telling both sides of the story. This may take you some time...

Dr. Sherry Tenpenny
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...240451107552&q

Vaccination Charts showing that they introduced vaccines when the disease was on its way out, and then took credit for the irradication... when the vaccines had nothing if little to do with it really.
http://truthquest2.com/vaccination4.htm

I have more... but have to run... I will post them in a little while..

OH... and I have learned that people do not judge you or your stances, if they dont know what they are.
#5 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybytheWord View Post
He was always sick, had tons and tons of ear infections, and antibiotics.

There is a good reason not to do them right there.

If you are wanting more general info on vaxing: i.e. the ingredients, the adverse reactions, the scheduling, etc. You can visit my blog. Good luck making your decision!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#6 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:31 PM

Research the blood-brain barrier -- think it closes at 3? Might make you feel safer about less harm to your child's developing brain, immune system, etc.

FYI, I would never do the MMR shot, Chicken pox, or Rotavirus.

I am delaying all others.
#7 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Hi there, I think that when you don't know which direction to go, or what decision to make, don't do anything at all. Just wait.... take a breather..... and eventually the right answer for you and your family will come to you. I don't vaccinate my daughters.... and I have gone back and forth.... not always trusting that I've made the right choice... but then, I'd feel the same way probably, if I did vaccinate them... and then wonder if I should have done that. So when I feel anxiety and pressure around any type of big decision... I back off from the said decision.... and realize that the best way to make a decision is when we are feeling at peace about that decision. Also, if you can, tell your ped that you are still coming to a decision about vaccinations, and leave it at that. And if possible, don't share your choices with family and friends who pressure you, make you feel crappy about your choices, or cause you to start doubting your own wisdom and good intentions for your children. I wish you peace around this!
#8 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with the Doc. She said that she cannot break up the vax's. She said that they are "all natural". So I will have to do more research myself. I asked for a list if the ingreadients and she said she could only get me one list at a time. She would have her nurse print one off. She is giving me the info on the DTap first....
#9 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would do ALL of your research before you begin any shots if ever. Our son is 7.5 months, no shots, and I'm still doing my research. The more I learn, the more confident I feel in our choice to not vax. But this is just our choice that is right for you. You will come to your decision that is right for you when you feel comfortable with your choice and have no hesitations about it either. Just my opinion. Also, just know, that most pediatricians are going to fight FOR the shots, that's just what they're taught to do and thats where they have the support. so be sure to make your own conclusions. I would read all of the archives on mothering from both points of view, and those postings will also lead you to a bunch of literature to continue. MDC is definitely a good place to start! Good luck!
#10 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 PM

um really all natural.
This is my favorite place right now for vaccine info. www.insidevaccines.com/wordpress

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#11 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Just got off the phone with the Doc. She said that she cannot break up the vax's. She said that they are "all natural". So I will have to do more research myself. I asked for a list if the ingreadients and she said she could only get me one list at a time. She would have her nurse print one off. She is giving me the info on the DTap first....
Ah all natural. I love how that is being defined any more. http://www.fda.gov/cber/efoi/approve.htm If you scroll down to the dtap there are a few different cos listed and you can click on each one for the package insert.

Your dr will tow the party line. I would not except anything but trying to convince you to vax. So if you are unsure do your research before you go because you will not find unbiased info there.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#12 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Well I suppose some might consider vaccines "all natural"... afterall mercury is a naturally occuring element. So is aluminum.
#13 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM

1-it's not proven safe OR even effective
2-it's not necessary
3-herd immunity

If people bug you tell them it's not up for discussion. Just tell your Dr. you are not doing them PERIOD if that is what you are choosing.

Stand up for your kids and don't let people bully you into making choices you KNOW are not right.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#14 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
1-it's not proven safe OR even effective
2-it's not necessary
3-herd immunity

If people bug you tell them it's not up for discussion. Just tell your Dr. you are not doing them PERIOD if that is what you are choosing.

Stand up for your kids and don't let people bully you into making choices you KNOW are not right.
What is Herd immunity? is is cuz most others are immunized and that lowers the risk for the few who so not?
#15 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
Ah all natural. I love how that is being defined any more. http://www.fda.gov/cber/efoi/approve.htm If you scroll down to the dtap there are a few different cos listed and you can click on each one for the package insert.

Your dr will tow the party line. I would not except anything but trying to convince you to vax. So if you are unsure do your research before you go because you will not find unbiased info there.
Holy crap! Alluminum it them too???? YUCK:
#16 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Yup and calf serum and formaldehyde and yeast and antibiotics and gelatin. All sorts of neat stuff. But hey, no preservatives!

#17 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
What did she mean, 'break them up'? Like breaking up the MMR into M-M-R (one at a time), or she refuses to vax on a selective/delayed schedule?

There is no such thing as a 'natural' shot. Not sure where she got that from.

I am in MN also. Which practice is this at?

Research each vaccine and each disease/virus one at a time. I also recommend the InsideVaccines website, Sheri Tenpenny's video, Dr. Jay Gordon's vaccination DVD, and Aviva Jill Romm's vaccination book (your library may have it, or you can get it through library ILL).

You should also join the email list for Vaccine Awareness Minnesota and you can ask the facilitator/list owner questions also:
http://www.vaccineawarenessminnesota.org/

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#18 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Waseca Mayo Clinic.

She does not want to do one at a time. She wants to do 6 today. I just read the ingredient lists from the FDA and was appauled by the stuff in them. I won't even cook with aluminum or let the dentist put in grey fillings in our children. Argh! And I sure would not give them or let them be near Fermalhiyde Sp??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K, no immunizations today.It is just not worth the risk. Is the government kidding me???
#19 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM

It sounds like you are letting your friends and family sway your decision to not vax. You have gone this long and really there is no hurry.

Sounds like your friends and family have caused doubt and maybe you haven't armed yourself with all the information you need to allow you to be secure and definite about your non-vax choice.

Take a breath and relax. Don't forget once you give the vaccine you can't take it back.

READ READ READ. If you are still not sure then keep reading.
Here are some books to get~
Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parents Guide
by Aviva Jill Romm,
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor by Robert Mendelson, MD
Then you can find on the internet all sort of articles.
Here is one about the Chicken Pox Vaccine and Shingles Epidemic.
This is National Vaccine Information Center.
Also research the disease statistics in your area and in the USA. Also go to the CDC website and see statistics. It was actually the CDC website that finally sealed the deal on not vaxing my DS and any future children.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#20 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Here is a list of vaccine ingredients.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf

''''

#21 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

add to the mix a bit of rat poison to make them more natural
http://www.naturalnews.com/024872.html

and aborted fetuses are also 100% natural as well as foreign animal DNA. All natural :
#22 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM

The more you read the more confident you will become in your decision, then you may wonder why other people are making the choices they do.

here's an interesting video http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
#23 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Ok... more links for you...

Former NIH president...http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4086809.shtml

This link is my absolute favorite... it is long, but it is so inform.

http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_bl...fe-48866.aspx]
> > http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_bl...afe-48866.aspx

Money says volumes...

Money speaks volumes... Katie Couric did a story... [LINK:
> > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Hw-Q23S_s]
> > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Hw-Q23S_s

I see you got the list of ingredients... so not giving that again... but that is what I have... along with anything else that has been suggested...

there is a lot of info. on this thread... dont get too overwhelmed on all of your reading, watching and learning...
#24 of 30 Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you serious?? All Natural?? I would run as far away from this doctor as you can get. There is nothing natural about a vaccine!!!!!!!!!!Don't trust the lists you get from the docoter unless it is an actual packae insert . The info papers they print off and give parents do not list all the ingredients! You want to see ingredinets go to http://www.novaccine.com. They list every single ingredient for every vaccine out there. I urge you to not do a thing until you learn more and I would not get info from your doctor. They rely on their info from the drug companies that give them the vaccines and most of it is just plain wrong! Very few have done independent research

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#25 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
She does not want to do one at a time. She wants to do 6 today.
WHAT?! I hope she knows she CANNOT do that! You have to sign consent for EACH AND EVERY vaccine independently, not just one signature for all 6 <shudders> One of two things is happening. The law is different in Minnesota than in Florida, and I'm completely off, or she is bold face lying to you. I would NOT take my kids back to that doctor!

Stay strong! Don't let your doctor twist your arm with scare tactics or refusing to break up shots. You're mom, you have to consent. Grr... I h8 doctors that bully parents!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#26 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 AM

You need to find a different ped. NOW.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't understand why you're letting your family's pressure influence a decision you seemed to be okay with/sure of until recently. If my family questioned my parental judgement about something like this, and wouldn't let it go after I told them my stance, I would have no problem telling them to pound sand.

Vaccinations are a *huge* business. Yes, I feel that the government is kidding you by telling you vaccinations are safe.
#27 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 12:52 PM

If you take into consideration that if a child is up to date on vaccinations, the school makes (don't quote the amount) something like 75.oo a day per child. They also are paid to have a flu clinic come in, by the Health Dept.

So yes this is a big business...
#28 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Wait, Wait... The doc I spoke to is not our regular doc. The backup we use. Our doc was on vacation. I sopke to our Regular doc, Who we LOVE and agrees with our lifestyle. She said that there are tons of "toxins" in the Vax's. She said that more people should do more research like we do. She said it is what they do not know that hurts them. For some the risks to them are higher than the Vax. She is totally ok with us not doing it. I do not think she even does her own children. Now to convince my family.... And my friends that think letting there kids play with mine puts theirs at risk. But you'd think if the Vax's are so useful than they would feel ok that their kids are protected. Right?
#29 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Wait, Wait... The doc I spoke to is not our regular doc. The backup we use. Our doc was on vacation. I sopke to our Regular doc, Who we LOVE and agrees with our lifestyle. She said that there are tons of "toxins" in the Vax's. She said that more people should do more research like we do. She said it is what they do not know that hurts them. For some the risks to them are higher than the Vax. She is totally ok with us not doing it. I do not think she even does her own children. Now to convince my family.... And my friends that think letting there kids play with mine puts theirs at risk. But you'd think if the Vax's are so useful than they would feel ok that their kids are protected. Right?
Drop the backup doctor like a hot potato. If she's at your regular practice, have your regular doctor put a note in your kids' charts that they are NEVER to see the backup doc. She's a total quack. "All natural" vaccines? Now I've heard it all.

You are absolutely right that if vaccines are so effective, parents of vaccinated children shouldn't worry about their kids having contact with your unvaccinated ones. But people don't use logic when it comes to deciding about vaccines. They go by emotions and fear. They're scared because they've been well-trained to be scared.

Why are you discussing your children's vaccine status with anyone else? It's none of their business, not even your family's. Next time you can just say, "They've had all the shots they need" (not a lie, because they don't need any shots!) and change the subject. If they won't drop it, say "I prefer not to discuss my children's private medical information with you. Pass the salt?" You might sound like a broken record but they'll shut up after awhile. What else can they do? It's none of their business!

One last thing: you can always give a vaccine, but you can NEVER take it back. Once you allow someone to inject your child with the contents of those vials, you can never take it out of their little body. It will be with them always. In addition, vaccine-available diseases are treatable by modern medical means. Vaccine reactions are not. Something to think about.

Don't rush into vaccinating. Read, read, and read some more. There's no hurry, no matter how much they try to pressure you or convince you otherwise.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#30 of 30 Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Now to convince my family.... And my friends that think letting there kids play with mine puts theirs at risk. But you'd think if the Vax's are so useful than they would feel ok that their kids are protected. Right?

I wouldn't even be wasting my breath. Except to say, "If you really think I would put my children at harm. That you would think I would make a decision without fully investigating it first. If you really think that little of me maybe we have no business even seeing each other (or - then I guess you have to ask yourself what you really think of me as a parent). Tell them you don't question their choices or if they have done the research. Tell them to do their own research and then they can argue with you. I don't even discuss the subject with people because frankly its none of their business. They are my children, I have to live with the decisions not them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page