"Six months after the MMR jab... a bubbly little girl now struggles to speak, walk and feed herself" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...d-herself.html

Yet another heartbreaking story. How many more will the medical profession have to hear before they acknowledge that there may be a connection between the MMR vaccine and neurological damage????

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#2 of 30 Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh. I get so sad and angry everytime I read an article like this. It is the SAME story EVERY time!!!! That to me is enough evidence. Its sickening. Thank you for posting this. I wish there was a sticky or permanent thread that had links to EVERY article associated with this....
#3 of 30 Old 01-23-2009, 08:10 PM

Horribly sad story.
I wanna cry for that family- and I just pray that that beautiful little girl is happy inside and isn't screaming inside all day long..... :-(

The thing that's so scary to me is that it looks like the mom hesitated and waited until she was 5- and then this happens.
I used to think i'd delay vax, but i've crossed over to never no-way.
The tragic thing is we all know that this will happen again and again and again.
#4 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 AM

How awfully sad for that little girl.

How come we don't see that on TV and mainstream news? It isn't news worthy?
#5 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 AM

This is exactly the time frame when my youngest daughter after receiving this vaccine, mysteriously woke up with a rare case of strabismus. Her eyes went totally crossed eyed without a sign of farsightedness which is why strabismus by nature occurs. They performed eye muscle surgery on her and her eyes are okay now. We've been doing a lot of raw foods (organic) to help her detox but I wonder how long until she is finally clean from that last round of vaccines. ugh! It makes me sick to think about all of this, I honestly don't even want to read that article :Puke

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#6 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sages View Post
I wish there was a sticky or permanent thread that had links to EVERY article associated with this....
Sad story indeed. I like this idea sages, maybe you can PM an admin about it? I'd love to see a compiled thread for reference.

-Kolleen
#7 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post

Exactly

But yet some little kid dies of HiB and it makes the mainstream news loud and clear.

I wonder if the pharma companies pay off the news organizations??
#8 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

I agree to a compilation of these types of stories - the stories are pretty redundant though - since the only thing different in each story is the child it is effecting this time. It's the same story again and again.
#9 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post

It did make news in England I believe which is where this occurred. It appeared in the daily mail, which is big newspaper over there.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#10 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glue Mommy View Post
I agree to a compilation of these types of stories - the stories are pretty redundant though - since the only thing different in each story is the child it is effecting this time. It's the same story again and again.
Isn't there a saying about that?? If something happens once or twice it's a cooincidence, but if it keeps happening than it is no longer a cooincidence? Somthing like that. I can't recall ecaxtly how it goes. The medical community must not be farmiliar ith that one!

#11 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 AM

We're happy to receive requests for additions to the archives. So we don't clutter up this particular discussion, if you'll PM links I'll look at getting them archived.
#12 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM

That is incredibly heartbreaking. It makes me sick to my stomach. Why, why, isn't this stopping? Here we are, ALOT of mommas on MDC and many more out there in society who also don't vax and we don't seem to be making a difference.

This is why we need to stop worrying about appearing 'flaky', ruffling feathers at the annual christmas party, dodging school officials etc etc. We need to be upfront and bold about our choice and the reason for it. Every time we clam up to "keep the peace" or because we just don't have the energy to get into a discussion yet AGAIN we risk one more child ending up like this poor little girl.

We don't have the luxury of being tired of arguing, or feel defeated. Children are dying.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#13 of 30 Old 01-24-2009, 01:10 PM

Does anyone remember the mama that posted on here several months ago with a child that was vaccine damaged? Her docs told it her it WAS the vaccine and her child also regressed to an infant stage? She has written a detailed blog of her story over the last several years? Does anyone have a link to her thread or her blog? I searched and searched and can't find it. I was trying to find out if her case was also the MMR (if so, maybe she'd want to contact the mother in this story?) and her blog would be a good link for the proposed stickied thread.

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#14 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
Does anyone remember the mama that posted on here several months ago with a child that was vaccine damaged? Her docs told it her it WAS the vaccine and her child also regressed to an infant stage? She has written a detailed blog of her story over the last several years? Does anyone have a link to her thread or her blog? I searched and searched and can't find it. I was trying to find out if her case was also the MMR (if so, maybe she'd want to contact the mother in this story?) and her blog would be a good link for the proposed stickied thread.
Is it this blog? http://vaccinecompensationprogramfix.blogspot.com/

This story is so very sad. How can they possibly say that it is NOT the vaccine? They don't know for sure. That's what makes me so angry.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#15 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
YES! Thank you! I am bookmarking it now so I don't lose it again.

#16 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 AM

:

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#17 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Oh my how SAD! That poor little girl... I hope she is able to dance again
#18 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
"Ah, but there is no scientific link between vaccination and autism. No peer reviewed material or information has established any substantial link between vaccinations and autism or apergers syndrome."

<psyche>, what drivel!

And the medical establishment in England is in the process of revoking Dr. Andrew Wakefield's license to practice medicine.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#19 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabb View Post
This is why we need to stop worrying about appearing 'flaky', ruffling feathers at the annual christmas party, dodging school officials etc etc. We need to be upfront and bold about our choice and the reason for it. Every time we clam up to "keep the peace" or because we just don't have the energy to get into a discussion yet AGAIN we risk one more child ending up like this poor little girl.

We don't have the luxury of being tired of arguing, or feel defeated. Children are dying.
I agree. At first I was keeping kind of quiet about not vaccinating, but the more research I do the more confident I am that I can hold my own in an argument about it. And I've never been afraid of confrontation, so...

Even if the person you're arguing with is totally close-minded, you might plant a seed of doubt in the minds of others who are listening. And recommending books that won't scare off mainstreamers (like Evidence of Harm, for instance) helps a lot too.

I don't care anymore. We do not vaccinate and we're proud of it. And I'm starting to feel like keeping quiet about it is almost irresponsible. People need to know that they have options. This has gone on long enough.

Also, to this I say:

Quote:
Here we are, ALOT of mommas on MDC and many more out there in society who also don't vax and we don't seem to be making a difference.
We ARE making a difference and they're running scared. That's why they've been stepping up the scare campaigns, recruiting shills like Amanda Peet, and focusing on VAD cases in the headlines. People are waking up and the powers-that-be are panicking. All we need to do is keep doing what we've been doing--researching, making educated decisions, ignoring the fearmongers, and spreading the word that parents have a choice.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#20 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't care anymore. We do not vaccinate and we're proud of it.
What would you say to a person who is a teacher?

As a 3rd grade science teacher, I gave to my third grade students an assignment to learn about the life of a scientist. Each student learns all they can about a particular scientist.
The assignment is to become the expert on that person. The list of scientists includes Pasteur, Jenner, Salk, Sabin, ... and scientists that are relevant to the science that my little students have learned as astronomy, so we learn about Sally Ride, Neil Armstrong, Galileo, Copernicus, Newton, etc. They can select a scientist that they may know of or someone in their family.

I make a point when they give their reports to show them that scientists often disagree and therefore POVs change. Planting the seed...I can't do much more than that without getting fired.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#21 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
What would you say to a person who is a teacher?
That sounds like a very thoughtful assignment. Do you find that it leads your students to question things?

I don't know much about the politics of being a teacher. Obviously you have to stick to the amount of disclosure that you're comfortable with.

What about when you're not at work--talking to others not as a teacher, but as a parent? Forgive my ignorance; I'm not sure what kind of eggshells you have to walk on in your personal life.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#22 of 30 Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
YES! Thank you! I am bookmarking it now so I don't lose it again.

You're welcome.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#23 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sages View Post
Ugh. I get so sad and angry everytime I read an article like this. It is the SAME story EVERY time!!!! That to me is enough evidence. Its sickening. Thank you for posting this. I wish there was a sticky or permanent thread that had links to EVERY article associated with this....
You've read other stories of a 2 wk old baby catching a serious herpes virus?
#24 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypixels View Post
You've read other stories of a 2 wk old baby catching a serious herpes virus?
Are you reading something else? This is what the article is about:

Quote:
Until she had the MMR jab Melody Brook was a bewitching little girl who loved to sing and dance.

Two days later the five-year-old started to limp and fall over and before long she couldn't walk.

Melody was admitted to hospital within a week, but her condition deteriorated at frightening speed.
#25 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Kiara, I think she might be referring to this:

"Melody suffered some brain damage after she picked up a serious herpes virus at two-weeks of age."
#26 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh ok, sorry, that part got completely skipped.
#27 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmama View Post

"Melody suffered some brain damage after she picked up a serious herpes virus at two-weeks of age."
Hmmm... there has to be some link between her brain damage,and what happened to her after the vaccine.
#28 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie37 View Post
Hmmm... there has to be some link between her brain damage,and what happened to her after the vaccine.
In the article the mom said she thought the vaccine affected the damaged area of her brain which triggered her debilitating condition.

#29 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 PM

Poor kid. I think it's very likely the earlier brain damage is connected to the vaccine damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
We ARE making a difference and they're running scared.
I agree. Five years ago you wouldn't have seen several different tv shows within a season featuring a scare tactic episode on diseases that you're supposed to vaccinate for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabb View Post
I don't talk about it because so many of my other parenting choices (co-sleeping, no spanking, unschooling) are so far out there to our families that there is a very real danger that they would call CPS on us if the 'vaccine' issue came to light. If one of my SILs said anything the least bit doubting about vaccines I would point her in the right direction, but we're certainly not being bold about it here. No denying, but no announcing either.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#30 of 30 Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I make a point when they give their reports to show them that scientists often disagree and therefore POVs change. Planting the seed...I can't do much more than that without getting fired.
Kudos to you for teaching critical thinking! Most teachers would only be concerned with repeating the facts of a persons life. I taught 7th grade science. I love that you are teaching this ideal at an even younger age. And, it certainly is hard these days with testing driving curriculum (I'm in Ohio and taught in Florida also). Yeah for great teachers!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page