when does "immunity" from vaccines wear off? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2009, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm wondering where i can find the info on how long a vax is supposed to last-i guess thats the way to phrase it...

more specifically-if anyone knows about the hib vaccine and it's immunity time frame-i'd greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
According to the CDC Pink Book http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...k-chapters.htm

Measles: unknown, but assumed to be lifelong
Mumps: approximately 25 years
Rubella: assumed to be lifelong
*side note about MMR: the estimated duration of immunity is based on having 2 doses of MMR; the second dose wasn't added to the schedule until 1989, so those who are in their 20's or older may not have had a second dose)
Oral Polio: assumed to be lifelong
Inactivated Polio: unknown, but assumed to last "many years" (vaccine has only been in use since 2000)
Diptheria: approximately 10 years
Tetanus: approximately 10 years
Pertussis: approximately 5-10 years
Varicella: approximately 7-10 years
Hepatitis A: unknown, but assumed to approximately 20 years (vaccine has only been in use since 1995)
Hepatitis B: assumed to be approximately 20 years
Rotavirus: 2 years
HPV: unknown
Pneumococcal: unknown
HiB: unknown
Meningococcal: approximately 3-10 years (the younger the vaccinate person is, the shorter the duration of immunity)

Basically the medical community does not know for many of the vaxes and there are alot of assumptions.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you read Dr. Sears's vaccine book? It has fantastic information and is a great reference to have around the house for vaccine questions. It has been about 6 months since I read it, but I seem to remember him talking about the length of immunity for some of the vaccines.

User Tag List