DTaP reaction? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD had her 4th DTaP shot yesterday & I noticed a rash on part of her leg (the one the injection went in, not the other one) & tummy area last night/today. She's not scratching at it or anything, but it makes me wonder if it's a reaction to the shot. I don't recall her doing this with the other 3...off to research some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 AM

Well u don't have to react to the first 20 vaccines to have a reaction to the 21st.
I'm sorry for the reaction and u may not ever figure out an exact cause, but that sounds like an obvious reaction to me.
#3 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 02:03 AM

I'd start by reading the insert for the vax your DD was given and go from there:

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#4 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that mama
The DTaP is highly reactive (see my siggy for more info) and I've found studies (wish I had bookmarked!) showing that chances of (more severe) reactions increase with each successive dose of DTaP. So don't doubt that it is a reaction from the vaccine just because she hasn't shown signs of reaction to it in the past.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#5 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAWebster92182 View Post
DD had her 4th DTaP shot yesterday & I noticed a rash on part of her leg (the one the injection went in, not the other one) & tummy area last night/today. She's not scratching at it or anything, but it makes me wonder if it's a reaction to the shot. I don't recall her doing this with the other 3...off to research some.
This sounds very plausibly like a vax reaction to me. I hope she's feeling better soon.
#6 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor baby....yes it would seem it is a reaction. Hopefully it will go away soon.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#7 of 7 Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 PM

this happened to dd too after her 3rd DTaP! and i was told it was eczema. but it started at the injection site, every one thinks i'm crazy for believing it was caused by the DTaP shot, but i really believe it was. i'm not doing any more DTaP with her. from what i've read, the most reactive is the 4th and 5th dose of DTaP.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page