Pro-Life Pediatrician Letter to the Editor...Please read! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband publishes 2 weekly newspapers and plans to run the following letter next week.

I would love your honest thoughts and criticisms before it prints. Do you consider it inflammatory? Inappropriate? Counter-productive to the goal of promoting awareness of vaccine risks and the right to informed consent?

Anything look "off" to you? or incorrect?

How would you feel about this being printed in your local newspaper?

Thanks...

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...rionledger.com



Pro-Life Pediatricians and Ethical Vaccines


Working with families who are concerned about vaccines and vaccination rights has shown me that concerns regarding vaccines vary widely, and different people are interested in different kinds of changes in the vaccine program. Allow me to list a few of them for you:

- Some parents don't believe in the basic principles of vaccination...they think that interfering with Mother Nature isn't such a wise thing to do.

- Some parents believe vaccines are unsafe due to the chemical preservatives which have not been studied and confirmed as safe. Some would like to see a long-term study comparing the health of vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated individuals before assuming vaccines are completely safe.

- For some, vaccines are forbidden in their religion.

- Others believe in vaccination, but feel that we are giving too many vaccines, too soon, and also too many overall. These parents believe in using a selective/delayed schedule which they feel is much safer.

- Still others believe in vaccination, but do not want to use the vaccines which were derived from aborted human fetuses.

This last reason is one I'd like to discuss here.

There are about 16 vaccines which were derived from aborted human fetuses, some of which are on the CDC infant vaccine schedule. Visit the Mississippi Vaccine Information Center website at: http://parents.meetup.com/465/ for a full list of these vaccines. The fact that pediatricians rarely disclose the origins of these vaccines to parents is a violation of a parent’s right to informed consent and worthy of a separate letter all its own.

There is a group called the Nationwide Pro-life Physicians of America, which maintains a database of pro-life pediatricians all over America who refuse to use the vaccines which involve aborted human fetal cell lines. These doctors only give the vaccines grown on animal parts, such as monkey kidneys or chick embryos, and if a vaccine doesn't have an ethical alternative (such as the MMR and chickenpox) he or she does not offer it in his or her practice. Rather than have their children forgo the MMR vaccine entirely, many parents are requesting the single dose Measles and the single dose Mumps, which use chick embryos.

Notice, if you check out the database, that Mississippi does not have any doctors listed. I know Mississippi, being a very conservative state, MUST have some pediatricians who are pro-life and concerned about these 16 vaccines.

If you are interested in using only vaccines which were not grown on aborted human fetuses, please, bring it up with your doctor. It's an issue that deserves a lot of discussion. Your doctor may not even be aware that there are ethical alternatives to these vaccines. You may be the one to educate him or her...the ethical alternatives can be special ordered and given in place of the typically used versions.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#2 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
 
FernG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post
derived from aborted human fetuses.

This last reason is one I'd like to discuss here.

This is being very nit-picky, but I think that any articles questioning vaccines need to be held to a very high standard for people to take them seriously...

The rubella vaccine was "derived from" an aborted fetus that had been exposed to rubella and had developed rubella antibodies, correct? Are the other vaccines (Hep A, Hep B, chicken pox, IPV, what others?) that use aborted fetal tissue cell lines in their manufacturing process "derived from" or "cultured in" human fetal tissue cell lines?

One of the arguments that I hear all the time is that the cell lines are then "filtered out," so the actual vaccine doesn't have any fetal cells left, and that "anti vaccers" are covering up this point. Is there a brief way to mention that the vaccines go through a filtering process?

Do you have space to list the cell lines that are listed in the ingredients on the package inserts? I've only been able to convince people that human fetal tissue cell lines are used in vaccine manufacturing when I show them that the cell lines are listed in the ingredients (and explain that cell lines are given specific letter-number code names).
FernG is offline  
#3 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernG View Post
This is being very nit-picky, but I think that any articles questioning vaccines need to be held to a very high standard for people to take them seriously...

The rubella vaccine was "derived from" an aborted fetus that had been exposed to rubella and had developed rubella antibodies, correct? Are the other vaccines (Hep A, Hep B, chicken pox, IPV, what others?) that use aborted fetal tissue cell lines in their manufacturing process "derived from" or "cultured in" human fetal tissue cell lines?

One of the arguments that I hear all the time is that the cell lines are then "filtered out," so the actual vaccine doesn't have any fetal cells left, and that "anti vaccers" are covering up this point. Is there a brief way to mention that the vaccines go through a filtering process?

Do you have space to list the cell lines that are listed in the ingredients on the package inserts? I've only been able to convince people that human fetal tissue cell lines are used in vaccine manufacturing when I show them that the cell lines are listed in the ingredients (and explain that cell lines are given specific letter-number code names).

I'll try to add in the cell lines.

As far as your first question, I believe all of the 16 vaccines on the list were cultured/grown in aborted human fetal cell lines...please someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The filtering process, to me, is not really relevant because the vaccines started out on the aborted fetus. I didn't say anywhere in the letter that vaccines contained aborted fetal cells. So I'm not sure if it's necessary to mention the filtering or not, especially when there is some disagreements as to whether or not the filtering process can guarantee a fetal-cell-free vaccine.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#4 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
 
Deborah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: the Seacoast of Bohemia
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Actually that letter will have a double whammy! People who are concerned about animal rights will be unhappy about all the animals (huge numbers) who are killed to supply various body parts to grow vaccines. And some of us aren't crazy about possible viral contaminants from animals that have turned up in vaccines in the past and still could.

Aha, but new vaccines aren't using animal stuff, now they are using...Genetically Modified stuff. Whoopee!
Deborah is online now  
#5 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
 
MeepyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Did this letter arrive in response to news published in the paper, or to some recent local controversy? If not, it looks to me like an attempt by one pediatrician to advertise his own practice while discrediting other practices in the community. What is the newspaper's policy on endorsing products or services on the editorial page?
MeepyCat is online now  
#6 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
Did this letter arrive in response to news published in the paper, or to some recent local controversy? If not, it looks to me like an attempt by one pediatrician to advertise his own practice while discrediting other practices in the community. What is the newspaper's policy on endorsing products or services on the editorial page?


Which pediatrician are you speaking of?

My husband is the publisher, and he makes the policies, lol. He tries to get information out there regarding my organization frequently. (I'm involved with a group concerned about the right to informed consent in vaccination care.)

P.S. Also, I wrote the letter myself. It is in response to the ongoing controversy regarding Mississippi's lack of non-medical exemption. The issue has been covered in other news sources as well. (But not the human fetal issue.)

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#7 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Meepy,

There are NO pediatricians in Mississippi (that I have found yet, and I've been looking) willing to discuss this issue with parents.

Some of the parents who have brought it up with their peds have been told that vaccines are not EVER derived from aborted human fetuses, and that this is a myth.

I'm hoping to get more parents interested in this so that perhaps more and more parents will question what they are told regarding vaccines.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#8 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
 
FernG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
Did this letter arrive in response to news published in the paper, or to some recent local controversy? If not, it looks to me like an attempt by one pediatrician to advertise his own practice while discrediting other practices in the community. What is the newspaper's policy on endorsing products or services on the editorial page?
The newspaper she wrote the letter to just recently ran an article about MS not having exemptions. (The medical exemption is a joke).
FernG is offline  
#9 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernG View Post
The newspaper she wrote the letter to just recently ran an article about MS not having exemptions. (The medical exemption is a joke).
Actually, the article ran in the local daily, and my husband is running my letter in his 2 weekly papers. So it isn't in direct response to anything, I guess you could say.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#10 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guys,

Do you think I would do well printing my letter out and mailing it out to the leaders of Mississippi churches?

I wonder if I could get more people involved if they knew how some of the vaccines were made.

Does this sound like an appropriate course of action?

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#11 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
 
MeepyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Emma, I'm sorry, I was confused - I thought this was a letter written by someone else in the community, I didn't realize you had written it.

I'm not denying that the issue is important or that there isn't much that can and should be said, but I think your husband's position here isn't entirely compatible with the ethics of professional journalism. I'd be happier with it if the newspaper took this as an editorial position and published this writing as an editorial than I am with the idea of the publisher cherry-picking his wife's letter for space in the reader-response section of the editorial page. If he's not able to do that (because of pressure from owners or other community issues), I think you should approach other papers and other media.

If your opinion consistently appears in (and only in) newspapers that your husband controls, people will eventually notice, his and your motives will be assumed to be questionable, and your opinion is very likely to be discounted.

ETA: Emma, if some other paper published the article you're responding to, write to that paper. Your letter is well-written, likely to generate comment and circulation, and therefore a pretty good candidate for publication. And absolutely send it around to religious leaders.
MeepyCat is online now  
#12 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
 
mommy2jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definately think you could mail it to the leaders of the churches in Mississippi. I was actually trying to find out if there was an organization that was pro-life that spoke out about this issue. This is one of the reasons we do not vaccinate. I would even it take it so far as to send it to the pro-life clinics in your area and see what they think.

Rebekah married to Justin Mama to Jonah and Josiah
mommy2jonah is offline  
#13 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:01 PM
 
medusaatemydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How about this... no matter what... i dont' want to be forcibly or coerced or mandated to be injected with ANYTHING!!! I think that this is an idividual choice and NO doctor anywhere should have to power to destroy your life over an injection program. Considering i was told next to nothing about what was being injected into my child makes me LIVID. The fact that i feel threatened everyday that we may all wind up on mandatory pharmaceuticals makes me want to leave this country. What is happening with mandatory medicine is nothing less than a crime against humanity... freewill, freedom of choice, freedom to be in control of my own mortality.... why should i have to hide behind religion....??? I DO NOT FIND THIS ACCEPTABLE. THough the thought of all this whether cultured from fetal cells or animal... whatever and however clean they think thier process to be people in this proffession have obviously become desensitized, and corrupt. It is unethical to fire a patient because they refuse to participate in mandatory medicine...it is unethical for them to judge you or question you... it's your body... and if i had known about what these vaccines where made of, i would have definitely held back till i did more research.

i trust no doctor that practices as a PEDIATRICIAN... "unmentionable blurb" segment of the medical proffesion... they protect mandatory vaccine at the cost of childrens lives because the are not liable and without it they will be out of work... sorry but my child is worth more to me than their bank accounts
medusaatemydog is offline  
#14 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
Emma, I'm sorry, I was confused - I thought this was a letter written by someone else in the community, I didn't realize you had written it.

I'm not denying that the issue is important or that there isn't much that can and should be said, but I think your husband's position here isn't entirely compatible with the ethics of professional journalism. I'd be happier with it if the newspaper took this as an editorial position and published this writing as an editorial than I am with the idea of the publisher cherry-picking his wife's letter for space in the reader-response section of the editorial page. If he's not able to do that (because of pressure from owners or other community issues), I think you should approach other papers and other media.

If your opinion consistently appears in (and only in) newspapers that your husband controls, people will eventually notice, his and your motives will be assumed to be questionable, and your opinion is very likely to be discounted.

ETA: Emma, if some other paper published the article you're responding to, write to that paper. Your letter is well-written, likely to generate comment and circulation, and therefore a pretty good candidate for publication. And absolutely send it around to religious leaders.


You make very valid points, thank you.

He has published letters taking the opposing view in order to maintain balance and credibility. He doesn't often (in fact, he hasn't ever) cherry picked my writing and printed it. This will be the first time.

He has covered (in a balanced manner) my organization's events in articles (he sent his reporters to cover these events.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he has considered your very important and valid concerns. We don't want to lose credibility; and at the same time, we'd like to continue promoting awareness of vaccine rights to the public.

Thanks again.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#15 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jonah View Post
I definately think you could mail it to the leaders of the churches in Mississippi. I was actually trying to find out if there was an organization that was pro-life that spoke out about this issue. This is one of the reasons we do not vaccinate. I would even it take it so far as to send it to the pro-life clinics in your area and see what they think.
Thanks! I will.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#16 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusaatemydog View Post
How about this... no matter what... i dont' want to be forcibly or coerced or mandated to be injected with ANYTHING!!! I think that this is an idividual choice and NO doctor anywhere should have to power to destroy your life over an injection program. Considering i was told next to nothing about what was being injected into my child makes me LIVID. The fact that i feel threatened everyday that we may all wind up on mandatory pharmaceuticals makes me want to leave this country. What is happening with mandatory medicine is nothing less than a crime against humanity... freewill, freedom of choice, freedom to be in control of my own mortality.... why should i have to hide behind religion....??? I DO NOT FIND THIS ACCEPTABLE. THough the thought of all this whether cultured from fetal cells or animal... whatever and however clean they think thier process to be people in this proffession have obviously become desensitized, and corrupt. It is unethical to fire a patient because they refuse to participate in mandatory medicine...it is unethical for them to judge you or question you... it's your body... and if i had known about what these vaccines where made of, i would have definitely held back till i did more research.

i trust no doctor that practices as a PEDIATRICIAN... unethical and corrupt segment of the medical proffesion... they protect mandatory vaccine at the cost of childrens lives because the are not liable and without it they will be out of work... sorry but my child is worth more to me than their bank accounts
I FEEL you! lol

And totally agree. I'm trying to think of ways to "get in," if you know what I mean. Questioning vaccines is regarded as quackery and foolishness in this state.

People here are completely indoctrinated. I just want to chip away at their confidence in the medical profession, and if I have to do so by exposing bits and pieces at a time, I'll do it!

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#17 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
 
KimberlyD0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You may want to be very careful about the wording around the aborted fetus information. You don't want people to discredit what your saying because the facts are destorted.

These are cultured cell lines (meaning grown artificially, these cells have NEVER been inside a human body) from embryos long gone. Long as in the 1060's.

It might be best to stick with the facts. I know some object to it because the cells line originated from abortions, regarless of the fact that NO actual fetal tissue being used.

Facts support though that in todays vaccines there is NO aborted fetal cells.

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
KimberlyD0 is offline  
#18 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
You may want to be very careful about the wording around the aborted fetus information. You don't want people to discredit what your saying because the facts are destorted.

These are cultured cell lines (meaning grown artificially, these cells have NEVER been inside a human body) from embryos long gone. Long as in the 1060's.

It might be best to stick with the facts. I know some object to it because the cells line originated from abortions, regarless of the fact that NO actual fetal tissue being used.

Facts support though that in todays vaccines there is NO aborted fetal cells.

Perhaps not in the finished product, but no one can deny that the 16 vaccines I listed were derived from aborted human fetuses.

I see what you're saying, though, and I'm trying to promote awareness of this concern without being inflammatory. Thanks. I'm going to continue thinking about it. It goes to print next week so I have a few days.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#19 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
 
Jadzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not pro-life, but I can appreciate their beliefs and how it would apply to vaccines. It is similar to how a vegan would evaulate using a product - it might not contain actual animal products, but if it was developed by testing on animals it would still make it unacceptable if those were your strongly held beliefs.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Jadzia is online now  
#20 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
 
KimberlyD0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post
Perhaps not in the finished product, but no one can deny that the 16 vaccines I listed were derived from aborted human fetuses.

I see what you're saying, though, and I'm trying to promote awareness of this concern without being inflammatory. Thanks. I'm going to continue thinking about it. It goes to print next week so I have a few days.

The fact is that yes they were originally derived from aborted fetuses, however there is 0 aborted fetal cells in any vaccinations. Its all in how you word things, if you say their is, when there isn't, then it shines a bad light on you.

All I'm meaning is that the wording would have to be extreamly carefull and fully accurate. What many think because of how its represented is that there are aborted fetal cells in the vaccinations, which is not the case. In fact while derived from an aborted fetus, this was done nearly 50 years ago, so its not a current practice. Many things have changed since then.

In many states this is not even an exceptable religious exemption, because there are not direct links from aborted fetuses and vaccines used now.

I support someone not useing them on religious belief, but this in itself is faulty because the facts are distorted and missrepresented.

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
KimberlyD0 is offline  
#21 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 PM
 
MissRubyandKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If a cell was taken from me and cloned for years, I'm not sure I would say it had no direct link to me. I think it would be enough to be clear that cells are not being taken from fetuses being aborted now, but fetuses that were aborted and those cells are being cloned continually. Those cells are from a baby that died as a fetus from being aborted, they are cloned from the baby's cell, they carry the baby's DNA. The baby was not given the chance to live nor the choice as to whether it wanted its DNA cloned repeatedly for making vaccines. I would think to someone who found abortion unethical it would not matter much that it happened long ago. And even though it happened long ago, it's my understanding that it wasn't just one or two babies that were aborted, but numerous, though I've not tried to confirm the truth of it. As is I'd rather not know unless I start to seriously consider one of the vaccines. It most certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the first reason I wouldn't choose them, so for now I'll keep myself from having to deliberate where my ethics lie on the matter.

blogging.jpg

MissRubyandKen is offline  
#22 of 41 Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 PM
 
1littlebit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
being strait on the facts is so important. i think its interesting when people use the nitpicky stuff to argue with the pro life peope who are against vaccines. for someone who is very strictly pro life (i actually am not but i know a bunch of peope who are) there is a lot more to thaat then being opposed to people getting abortions. it doesn't matter how small a role or how filtered or far removed etc. it doesn't matter how old the cell lines or that they were cloned (i don't know why this would mae it better) the point is that they were used at all. you cant undermine people's beliefs with irrelevaant techalities
1littlebit is offline  
#23 of 41 Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 PM
 
mommy2jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
You may want to be very careful about the wording around the aborted fetus information. You don't want people to discredit what your saying because the facts are destorted.

These are cultured cell lines (meaning grown artificially, these cells have NEVER been inside a human body) from embryos long gone. Long as in the 1060's.

It might be best to stick with the facts. I know some object to it because the cells line originated from abortions, regarless of the fact that NO actual fetal tissue being used.

Facts support though that in todays vaccines there is NO aborted fetal cells.
I would like to read up more on this ... can you show me where you read this. I am finding different info on this. Thanks.

Rebekah married to Justin Mama to Jonah and Josiah
mommy2jonah is offline  
#24 of 41 Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
These are cultured cell lines (meaning grown artificially, these cells have NEVER been inside a human body) from embryos long gone. Long as in the 1060's.
You mean 1960's right?
aniT is offline  
#25 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 AM
 
KimberlyD0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jonah View Post
I would like to read up more on this ... can you show me where you read this. I am finding different info on this. Thanks.
there isn't a link to where I read it as far as I know. I don't trust 90% of the stuff found on the web.

I got it from a local Pro-Life group. I also have heard similer things from other sites from both pro- and anti Vaxers. If I had the time I would look it up more, but I don't right now. My mom's in the hospital with a compound fracture after a bad fall. When she's better I'll see if I can find some more sorces for you. Can't really link you to paper

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
KimberlyD0 is offline  
#26 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 AM
 
KimberlyD0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
You mean 1960's right?
LOL Yeah I do. I type too fast sometimes

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
KimberlyD0 is offline  
#27 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 AM
 
angie7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
The fact is that yes they were originally derived from aborted fetuses, however there is 0 aborted fetal cells in any vaccinations. Its all in how you word things, if you say their is, when there isn't, then it shines a bad light on you.
I think her point is that if it wasn't for these aborted fetuses, then these 16 vaccines would not exist so even though they may not be any in the actual vaccine, it started out with aborted fetal cells and is still wrong in her opinion (and many others) Does it really matter that there isn't any in the final product but just the fact that this is how the vaccine was created? For someone who is pro-life (I'm pro-choice, btw) this is still a serious moral issue for them and they need to be made aware of it.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
angie7 is offline  
#28 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:15 AM
 
claddaghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
I am not pro-life, but I can appreciate their beliefs and how it would apply to vaccines. It is similar to how a vegan would evaulate using a product - it might not contain actual animal products, but if it was developed by testing on animals it would still make it unacceptable if those were your strongly held beliefs.
Jadzia, what an excellent analogy!

I've tried talking to Catholic/Prolife people abou this issue and so far no one gets it.

Or if they do, they instantly go on to say it's okay b/c vax are necessary.



Mama to expecting Babe 2
claddaghmom is offline  
#29 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Gitti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ready to move on...
Posts: 14,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaghmom View Post
I've tried talking to Catholic/Prolife people abou this issue and so far no one gets it.

Or if they do, they instantly go on to say it's okay b/c vax are necessary.


Every so often people get hit with the truth but they manage to brush it off and go on with their lives. (paraphrased)

The letter for the newspaper is excellent. I hope you publish it as is.
Gitti is offline  
#30 of 41 Old 04-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned
 
Yulia_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lafayette, CO
Posts: 3,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With all honesty, IF I thought that vaccines were good it would not bother me even if they had freshly aborted fetal tissue (as soon as it's well tested for every possible disease). It is NOT like the baby was aborted to be used in vaccines, you know. He was aborted because his parents chose to (that's another discussion that I don't want to get into). Anyway, my point is if the baby was killed anyway, we might as well use the tissue for something good (remember, I said IF I thought vaccines were good) than throwing it in a garbage. So, that's about that.

My "pro-life" problem with vaccines is different though. I believe that the vaccines themselves KILL kids/people both directly and indirectly. Their immediate side affects kill directly: SIDS and adverse reactions (although not often). Their long term side affects kill indirectly by messing up immune system and therefore, making kids much more vulnerable to serious health conditions such as cancers, asthma and much more. For me this is SO much more disturbing than presents of fetal cells in them...
Yulia_R is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off