Military vaccines and MS - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH is in the Army and was recently diagnosed with MS. During some of his research, he found that some of the vaccines they give in the military have been linked to MS. Does anyone have any more info on this? It makes me terribly sad. He is starting treatment for it soon. He will be getting disability and will likely be med boarded from the Army.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM

I believe there was mention of MS in 'Vaccine-A'. http://www.amazon.com/Vaccine-Govern...0506487&sr=8-1

s to you & your DH.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:11 PM

So sorry. The upside is he won't be required to get any more vaccines if they release him. Then you and he can begin trying to treat the damage. Find a good natural-minded doctor and work on getting some of the toxins out of his system.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
Old 04-23-2009, 04:17 PM

I have MS and was diagnosed 6 mos. after getting a flu shot . I'm not on any medications partially because I'm bf'ing and I don't think I would be taking anything if I wasn't. Did they diagnose him with RLRM? From what I've read doctors can't really diagnose the specific type of MS for about 5 years after diagnosis. It could be RLRM or Progressive or nothing. The therapy will at best take away 1 flare a year. For me, since it's only been 2 years and I had 2 flares, the risk of medication and side effects isn't worth it. Check into that.

Anyways, sorry for the news.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Even from the time he had his first MRI (about a month ago) and this last one (the other day) they have found more lesions in his brain and he has had accompanying symptoms, mostly numbness in various areas and locking joints. He hasn't had any of the bladder issues or anything thus far, and also has no lesions in his spine, which his doctor told him generally accompany that.

I'm not sure how he would feel about alternative treatments. He pretty much listens to what his doc has recommended. Can he do both, or would it be counterproductive?

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif

User Tag List