Swine flu: can we talk about "forced/mandatory" vaccination? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
They are ending the label of "swine flu" because the big pork companies are suffering economically and applying pressure. (People are afraid of pork.)
Yes, I'm hearing the same things that everyone else is. Thank you.

Additionally however, I think that the events from the 70s are counterproductive to their current efforts engender trust from the public, and so I suspect an additional motivation for the media changes.

#32 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Just came on here to post this exact same thing! I am terrified they will try to make a mandatory vax - if not for this, then for the Bird Flu. (Did you know that Baxter "accidentally" mixed LIVE Avian Flu viruses in it's human influenza vax about 2 months ago??).

OOPS, SORRY TO HAVE ALMOST KILLED EVERYONE!
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canad..._EN20080611NB3
and
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...ed_flu_vaccine

I fear that this whole swine flu thing is just "setting the stage" (or a beta-test as some have put it) for the avian flu. They will probably already have a vaccine ready for that by they time they release it, er, um, I mean by the time it becomes a pandemic...

A public health emergency has been declared in the U.S. (because of those – zero – deaths of Americans…). Millions of doses of Tamiflu from federal stockpiles are being delivered; U.S. buying more anti-flu drugs to replenish stockpile. (Thank goodness! Wouldn't want those drug companies to suffer during this recession...she says sarcastically).

I'm fine with them keeping my kids home from school for a certain period of time, but how could they force us to vax?
#33 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 12:08 AM

It's all over the news here because they're making the vaccine locally. :eyeroll

In completely unrelated news, the county animal shelter closed down last month. So you may be on to something with the canine cells.
#34 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybum View Post
Just came on here to post this exact same thing! I am terrified they will try to make a mandatory vax - if not for this, then for the Bird Flu. (Did you know that Baxter "accidentally" mixed LIVE Avian Flu viruses in it's human influenza vax about 2 months ago??).

and

I fear that this whole swine flu thing is just "setting the stage" (or a beta-test as some have put it) for the avian flu. They will probably already have a vaccine ready for that by they time they release it, er, um, I mean by the time it becomes a pandemic...
What I'd like to know is what happened to this Baxter company as a result of this so called "mistake" ?? Was it shut down? Who punishes Baxter when this type of error happens? And what is the punishment? (have there been any threads on this already?)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#35 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't personally think they will ever make a pandemic vaccine mandatory unless things get really, really weird. I don't think they'll be able to even make enough to do such a thing. I also think if the situation were that dire, people would be scrambling to GET the vaccine, not run away from it. In fact, that is what a lot of people are afraid of - that there wouldn't be enough to go around; let alone enough to force people who didn't want it to get it.
Exactly. If there truly WAS a deadly disease that is spreading like wildfire, people will be lining up for their shots voluntarily. They will not need the media to tell them to do so. Or the government to take control of their bodies by forcing injections. That is why I am going to be highly suspicious if and when any vaccine becomes "mandatory" for the population. The very fact that a mandatory vaccination law would even be POSSIBLE in this country makes me irate. Our founding fathers would turn over in their graves!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#36 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 07:54 AM

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...Swine-Flu.aspx

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#37 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybum View Post

and

A public health emergency has been declared in the U.S. (because of those – zero – deaths of Americans…). Millions of doses of Tamiflu from federal stockpiles are being delivered; U.S. buying more anti-flu drugs to replenish stockpile. (Thank goodness! Wouldn't want those drug companies to suffer during this recession...she says sarcastically).
Did you know that Baxter is the one they chose to develop the vaccine for this swine flu? :

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#38 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I don't personally think they will ever make a pandemic vaccine mandatory unless things get really, really weird. I don't think they'll be able to even make enough to do such a thing. I also think if the situation were that dire, people would be scrambling to GET the vaccine, not run away from it. In fact, that is what a lot of people are afraid of - that there wouldn't be enough to go around; let alone enough to force people who didn't want it to get it.

Ummmm, I say this with respect.....ten years ago, things were weird....2009...things are not weird. Weird was nice, things now are SCARY.

Dig dig dig. Big Pharma has been bragging for years about almost this EXACT strain of flu....do you think they would make it, and not have a vax lined up?

Look around, through clear eyes...look at what's in your water, look at the chemical effects of what is in your water (google: flouride damage/brain effects/history), look at the food on your table, do you know what's in it....now look at your countrymen...look at them, sleeping. Nobody is awake...things have changed, we don't have our rights, what's left of them are being stripped....but so many people are sleeping. Most will run to stand in line for their shot...there they will wait for it, sleep-walking to the needle.

Things are beyond wierd. Please, if you have a moment...click on the link in my siggy...read all about the changes to come. We have to start waking up, we have to start at least entertaining the possiblity that the things the governments of the world are doing right in front of our faces, REALLY are happening. They are HAPPENING. All the things you talk to your neighbors about "Can you BELIEVE they are doing that??" - yes, they are doing it, all the horrible weird things...it's really happening. Now, go home and write them all down on a piece of paper, add them all up. Look at what is going on...not a piece at a time, but all of it written down in one place.

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#39 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 11:20 AM

I think if there were a way to determine it (and there isn't), many, many more people have had this flu than is being reported and realized. Oh, yeah, and they're fully recovered and fine by now. We wouldn't even KNOW most of the people who have it now were infected other than the US decided to start testing for it. A close friend said his dd had something a couple weeks ago that looking back now, sounds exactly like this flu. She stayed home a week, got better, and it was a blip on the radar.

Part of me says there's no way a new vaccine could be developed and produced on such a grand scale to enforce mandatory vaccination by this fall. The other part of me is remembering what my friend in Indiana told me last week. He works with the corrections department and mentioned that he's not worried as they already have a stockpile of the immunization at his facility. I mentioned that by all accounts it hasn't been developed yet, and he just kind of shrugged and said that's what they've been told. Someone is lying somewhere - either there's already a vax developed, or the people where he works were guilty of passing misinformation. At this point I'm not sure what to think. I'm not big into conspiracy theories, but I'm realistic enough to know that sometimes what you see isn't what's actually going on.
#40 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 PM

double.

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#41 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
I think if there were a way to determine it (and there isn't), many, many more people have had this flu than is being reported and realized. Oh, yeah, and they're fully recovered and fine by now. We wouldn't even KNOW most of the people who have it now were infected other than the US decided to start testing for it. A close friend said his dd had something a couple weeks ago that looking back now, sounds exactly like this flu. She stayed home a week, got better, and it was a blip on the radar.

Part of me says there's no way a new vaccine could be developed and produced on such a grand scale to enforce mandatory vaccination by this fall. The other part of me is remembering what my friend in Indiana told me last week. He works with the corrections department and mentioned that he's not worried as they already have a stockpile of the immunization at his facility. I mentioned that by all accounts it hasn't been developed yet, and he just kind of shrugged and said that's what they've been told. Someone is lying somewhere - either there's already a vax developed, or the people where he works were guilty of passing misinformation. At this point I'm not sure what to think. I'm not big into conspiracy theories, but I'm realistic enough to know that sometimes what you see isn't what's actually going on.

If you look really hard at the reporting....some places it talks about stockpiles and more mainstreamy places it talks about "Don't worry, we'll have to work hard at finding a vax for this, because we've never seen a strain like this, but we;ll have it by fall" it doesn't take nancy drew OR lassy to smell the fishy on this.

The developmental and testing stages are lengthy and costly, when you are trying to find a way to combat a strain of a virus you've "never seen before"....so, either they are lying outright about not having it, because admitting they have it already would be insanely fishy considering the nature (or shall I say, design) of this particular virus....OR....they are going to whip together some nonesensicle hocus pocus and start shooting it in the arms of our children, husbands and family. I wouldn't put either past them....but the money and history tell me that the former is most likely the case.

And I think you're right about maaaaany more people than are reported having it. All over the place people are talking about "Well, I had something exactly like that a month ago...we all got it, felt like we were going to die and then got over it!" - it's the flu. But, the flu is not what matters...it's the panic that is necessary.

How long have they been priming us for this? I'm **** waiting to die from avian flu...or west nile...or SARS....I mean, the Discovery Channel even made TV shows about how these things were going to wipe out all of civilization. Maybe this swine flu will be just the panic we need for people to be lining up around the block to be saved form this terrible illness. Because, you know, it's more fun when people beg for it.

#42 of 44 Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post

I agree with everything here, and I also believe they already had a vaccine made for this. I think they're just prepping the world and waiting for the "right" time to market it (when people are scared enough to actually WANT it) The timing of all this was just too perfect, to set us up for something big in the fall, continually reminding us how it can "mutate" and come back in a "deadlier" form. Seeing as how swine flu was SO mild (much more mild than regular flu) this basically means it might mutate to come back and be "as deadly" as regular flu. Maybe. I really hope its a flop, just like the attempt on avian flu virus a few months ago. (So where can we go to talk more about conspiracy theories if not at mdc? anyone have any good links?)

I feel really bad for the military, and how the government basically owns their bodies - no exemptions at all? That's scary. WHy in the world would ANYONE ever sign up?? There needs to be something done about that big time!! I'm repulsed.

#43 of 44 Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM

hope this is ok to bring up, i don't think anyone has yet.
so i was thinking, how many people could have had this swine flu this year already..what made them suddenly decide to test for it? if it is exactly like the regular flu and people die from that too.
i feel so skeptic about this whole thing..it gives me such a stomach ache.
it just seems so timely with all the hype about parents choosing to not vax more and more these days and suddenly something "new" comes out to scare everyone? i just don't know.. i sure don't plan on vaxing for it, i can say that much-that risk seems well beyond the benefits...

Momma to my sweet ballerina Sara age 6 and my food allergic love bug Holden age 3.
#44 of 44 Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
WCM

According to the Health Canada Immunisations guide (I have it here in front of me, vax research) the H1N1 virus has been around since 1997, and is 'just' another influenza strain.

Passionate posts = oodles of typos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page