Swine flu: can we talk about "forced/mandatory" vaccination? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 04-30-2009, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can we discuss forced or mandatory vaccination in this thread? Do you see this happening this fall when swine flu turns into a "deadly" mutated form? <*sarcasm*>

Has this happened in the past?

If you believe it may happen, do you think they will have a target audience (for forced vax) ... such as those in public health, students, or those involved in the public sector. Or do you think they will try to get everyone 100% -even stay at home moms for example? (I can't for the life of me think of how they would accomplish THAT feat!)

I honestly can't imagine them trying to force this vax (or any one for that matter) on a pregnant lady. Me and dh have been considering conceiving this summer (for a spring or summer 2010 baby), and I can't get this out of my mind. lol I doubt I'm going to let what's happened thwart our family plans, but I can't help but admit its been bugging me lately.

I never thought I'd see the day when it came down to this, but seeing as how the entire world panicked over nothing, I am sure they will try to milk this for what its worth and turn us into putty in their hands once again, when the opportunity presents itself.

I understand vaxing in the military is forced. Maybe someone can share more insight into that as well. Just any discussion pertaining to this, if anyone can share anything, comments, other questions, etc. I would like to hear from you guys to get other perspectives.

P.S. The optimist in me is hoping that the media frenzy about swine flu will die out by this summer, and NOT return next fall/winter. But the pessimist in me is laughing, "you haven't heard the last about the swine flu!" I just shudder to think of the implications next winter when a pregnant lady with a toddler will have enough on her mind as it is!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 44 Old 04-30-2009, 10:40 PM

Well, technically, you probably have heard the last of the words "swine flu" being uttered by the media. The WHO just officially changed the name of this illness to H1N1 influenza A.

(It's cuz the poor pig farmers complained. )

It might be earlier than the fall, some pharmaco's are saying that they are preparing vaxes right now that will be ready in 13 weeks. They'll start making the big marketing push in mid-summer.
#3 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 AM

ugh, i have had a stomach ache about this exact thing. i never considered the possibility of mandatory vaxs tho, but even the thought of another new vax at all to be shoved down our throats. and in just 13 weeks they plan to make a vax and be certain it is safer than the flu itself? yikes!

Momma to my sweet ballerina Sara age 6 and my food allergic love bug Holden age 3.
#4 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_c View Post
ugh, i have had a stomach ache about this exact thing. i never considered the possibility of mandatory vaxs tho, but even the thought of another new vax at all to be shoved down our throats. and in just 13 weeks they plan to make a vax and be certain it is safer than the flu itself? yikes!

Everyone will be the guinea pigs to find out if it works or not since they are rushing to produce a vaccine that they won't know the side effects of since it won't get tested prior to them pushing it on the public.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#5 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

Everyone will be the guinea pigs to find out if it works or not since they are rushing to produce a vaccine that they won't know the side effects of since it won't get tested prior to them pushing it on the public.

: That worked oh so well in '76.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#6 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 AM

To vaccinate everyone against their will, they'd have to round people up at gunpoint and force them into camps to be jabbed. While I am deeply concerned about the military personnel now permanently stationed on American soil to "help us", I really don't want to believe it will come to that. Of course, I'm sure everyone is in similar denial right before they're loaded onto the cattle cars, so...

Regardless, they'd have to catch you first. If you're really worried about it, keep your gas tank full and have a bug-out bag handy with all of your most important documents, some cash, backup supplies of any prescription meds you have, and other obvious and necessary things you'll need if you decide to skip town without warning.

I think most people will line up for their shots. The rest of us will either be left alone and put under enormous social pressure and subject to relentless propaganda and fear-mongering, or we'll be herded like cattle and injected against our will. I really don't think the latter scenario is very likely, not least of all because armed resistance would be a very real possibility (thank God!), but it could happen and you should try to be prepared if you can. The Patriot Act definitely allows for it.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#7 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
: That worked oh so well in '76.
My thoughts exactly!!
#8 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 01:20 AM

I am worried about my husband having to get one because he is in the reserves. We missed the Anthrax vax and I was sooo glad. He retires in 4 years so I hope we can keep him Swine flu vax free until then. But they own his body you know - they can do with it what they want! UG!
#9 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 09:18 AM

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news....Swine.Flu.US/

Looks like they are setting the stage.
#10 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
It's cuz the poor pig farmers complained.
It is having a huge economic impact considering some countries are refusing to buy pork from the US --- and also considering Egypt ordered the slaughter of 300,000 pigs for no reason (no swine flu is even in Egypt).

It's not really "swine flu" anyway, so the WHO is right.

As for forced vax -- I worry more that forced vax is possible than I worry about this flu. Hopefully, most people will be smart enough to fight against that. Neither of my kids are in school or daycare, so hopefully I can avoid it. It's a concern.
#11 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 AM

They're certainly getting some practice in.
http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu510_2
#12 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 AM

That is so scary how fast they plan to develop this vaccine. I am really worried about those who will get it, especially the children.

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#13 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 AM

sorry didnt read all the replies yet but why would there be a mandatory vax order for this outbreak? there isnt even a vax for SF....

BFPChart2.gif

#14 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
sorry didnt read all the replies yet but why would there be a mandatory vax order for this outbreak? there isnt even a vax for SF....

Because they are in the process of trying to make a vaccine for it right now

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#15 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM

The entire article is good, but she specifically addresses the "compulsory" issue.
http://drtenpenny.com/swine_flu.aspx
#16 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 02:54 PM

I think the are ending the label of "swine flu" because of the association with egg on their faces in the 70s. I figure they either thought no one would remember, or maybe many of the guys making decisions about the coverage are too young to remember it themselves.

Do you guys remember a few years ago when they got approval to use canine cancer cells to grow vaccines? Supposedly because it was the most rapid medium . . . you think they are using it now to get this out asap?
#17 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
This scares me too. Especially how there are so many databases on everyone now. They called me several times a week to make sure I did the PKU test when DD was born. I had done it in a private lab so they had not idea it was done.
#18 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM

The only thing that makes me worried is that I'm due with DS2 in august, and will thus likely have it pushed BIG TIME on me & him & the rest of my family. Its actually making me seroiusly consider continuing my pre-natal care but keeping the thought in my head of just... erm... not 'making' it to the hospital I definetly am going to be talking to my midwife about this in a few weeks when I see her again, thtas for SURE!!
#19 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 04:36 PM

can some one zap me over a good artical about the '76 flu vax? dh wants to get dd vaxed if one comes out... i'm not sold on the idea... eek!

if a new H1N1 vax comes out, i'm courious as to how close it would be to the yearly flu vax that's given out. or do you all think it's going to be an entirely different vax?
#20 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Vol View Post
It is having a huge economic impact considering some countries are refusing to buy pork from the US --- and also considering Egypt ordered the slaughter of 300,000 pigs for no reason (no swine flu is even in Egypt).

It's not really "swine flu" anyway, so the WHO is right.

As for forced vax -- I worry more that forced vax is possible than I worry about this flu. Hopefully, most people will be smart enough to fight against that. Neither of my kids are in school or daycare, so hopefully I can avoid it. It's a concern.
: Ugh...

To my understanding, it will be a completely different vax because the regular flu vax does not protect against it.

Here is a link to Dr. Mercola's article on it, it includes info on '76.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...Swine-Flu.aspx

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#21 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post
can some one zap me over a good artical about the '76 flu vax? dh wants to get dd vaxed if one comes out... i'm not sold on the idea... eek!

if a new H1N1 vax comes out, i'm courious as to how close it would be to the yearly flu vax that's given out. or do you all think it's going to be an entirely different vax?

theres a bunch of stuff if you do a search for 1976 swine flu

The 1976 Swine Flu Outbreak

#22 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I dont think they will have enough vaccines made to vax the entire population by fall. In Canada I think they will offer it for free to the elderly,children and immuncomprimised, just like they do with the normal flu shot. I will definitley run for the hills shoud they start forcing vaccination. I am so glad I live in an isolated community. I hope that it will give me time to come up with plan.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
#23 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 PM

Seriously....it seems like such a load....I am peeved at the thought of a mandatory vax. They can mandatorily kiss my a** and throw me in jail...more people died in their cars this this week than all of the "swine flu outbreak" so far.... not to underscore a lost life, but this is media frenzy crap as far as I see it. Can you tell I'm a little :?

We have 1 case in our state already, and I am so not worried. Good food, good nutrients, good immune support and the world will go on.....and the government can leave me the heck alone please.
#24 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 05:29 PM

I'm nervous about the possibility of mandatory vaccination, too.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#25 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Can we discuss forced or mandatory vaccination in this thread? Do you see this happening this fall when swine flu turns into a "deadly" mutated form? <*sarcasm*>

Has this happened in the past?
The 19th century. It ended when a lot of people saw their children die after the smallpox shots and fought back. It got ugly. People actually stood up for themselves back then. These people who want to push these things will keep pushing until they are pushed back.

Quote:
If you believe it may happen, do you think they will have a target audience (for forced vax) ... such as those in public health, students, or those involved in the public sector. Or do you think they will try to get everyone 100% -even stay at home moms for example? (I can't for the life of me think of how they would accomplish THAT feat!)
Just a few years ago they tried to get 1st responders to take the smallpox shot. All that happened from that huge campaign was a bunch of doctors running as fast as they could away from the shot. The same doctors who deeply believe vaccination is important and are more than willing to give several shots to a defenseless baby.

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day when it came down to this, but seeing as how the entire world panicked over nothing, I am sure they will try to milk this for what its worth and turn us into putty in their hands once again, when the opportunity presents itself.
The swine flu/no swine flu/h2p3r4g90flu is not their biggee. The bird flu has always been their biggee. This was just preparation. A lining up of the ducks.

Quote:
I understand vaxing in the military is forced. Maybe someone can share more insight into that as well. Just any discussion pertaining to this, if anyone can share anything, comments, other questions, etc. I would like to hear from you guys to get other perspectives.
The military has done more experiments on their soldiers than anyone could count. I'd run like heck from anything they tried to do. Even get thrown in the brig.

Quote:
P.S. The optimist in me is hoping that the media frenzy about swine flu will die out by this summer, and NOT return next fall/winter. But the pessimist in me is laughing, "you haven't heard the last about the swine flu!" I just shudder to think of the implications next winter when a pregnant lady with a toddler will have enough on her mind as it is!
As long as there are vaccines to sell, there will be pandemics to fear.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde
#26 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug1999 View Post
Seriously....it seems like such a load....I am peeved at the thought of a mandatory vax. They can mandatorily kiss my a** and throw me in jail...more people died in their cars this this week than all of the "swine flu outbreak" so far.... not to underscore a lost life, but this is media frenzy crap as far as I see it. Can you tell I'm a little :?
for the bolded part
#27 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug1999 View Post
Seriously....it seems like such a load....I am peeved at the thought of a mandatory vax. They can mandatorily kiss my a**
That's awesome. I agree.

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#28 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aira View Post
I think the are ending the label of "swine flu" because of the association with egg on their faces in the 70s. I figure they either thought no one would remember, or maybe many of the guys making decisions about the coverage are too young to remember it themselves.
They are ending the label of "swine flu" because the big pork companies are suffering economically and applying pressure. (People are afraid of pork.)

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#29 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 06:33 PM

I don't personally think they will ever make a pandemic vaccine mandatory unless things get really, really weird. I don't think they'll be able to even make enough to do such a thing. I also think if the situation were that dire, people would be scrambling to GET the vaccine, not run away from it. In fact, that is what a lot of people are afraid of - that there wouldn't be enough to go around; let alone enough to force people who didn't want it to get it.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#30 of 44 Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 PM

The CDC guy said yesterday that they wouldnt be able to make enough for the population in total, so they are going to learn from this (supposedly) to see who it affects the worst and that is who they will target it for first. He also said it would be a separate vax from the season flu one as he doesn't want to take priority away from that. Who knows how much of that is true. I don't know if that made me feel better or worse. I think it's awful to be faced with a decision of a really nasty vax and also the decision of it the flu came back more virulent. they are both unknowns. how are we supposed to decide?

I feel like moving to Australia.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page