WWYD? Vaccinate, or have your kids removed? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OP - were you in MI when CPS was called about vaxes ? MI has a philosophical exemption, right ? How does CPS respond to those calls, given that there is a philosophical exemption ? It doesn't sound like they would have legal grounds to do much of anything......

I'm in a state without a philosophical exemption, and wondering what it's like in a state that has it....thanks !

adding:

I just found this:

http://www.mi.gov/dhs/0,1607,7-124-5...9156--,00.html

"
Medical Issues
Immunizations-CPS is not authorized to investigate complaints (usually received from health care providers) that allege parents are failing or refusing to obtain immunizations for their children. The Michigan Public Health Code provides exceptions to the immunization requirements."

So I am guessing that if CPS is called on a non-vaxing parent in MI, and the complaint is lodged that the parents are neglecting vaccination, CPS should, by the law, know that they do not respond to this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3baies View Post
Ive heard of this happening in a few states. Michigan is pretty good about not vaccinating and not giving court trouble, but other states arnt as good.

I have had CPS called twice for not vaccinating by doctors. So this is near and dear to me.

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#92 of 93 Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Potter Cats study to see how this affects our overall ability to fight off illness and therefore how susceptible we may be/are to complications of vaccinating.
That is Pottinger from the 1940s.
#93 of 93 Old 12-18-2009, 06:47 PM

So far, I think I'm the first to invoke the 2nd Amendment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page