Physician incentives - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A little something I saw this morning that speaks to the debate on whether big pharma gives incentives to doctors.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=105077020

I do believe that some doctors DO NOT receive incentives from pharma. But that does not mean that there are others that do.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe someone already posted this, but I am posting again.

Dr. Sears confirms that some doctors do INDEED get several thousands of dollars from vaccinating their patients. Seems that HMOs do this and not PPOs.

http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccine...m_campaign=vn&

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karry View Post
How do you know this? Any proof you can share?
I have been away for a week.

So I am trying to find the 1990's study on pediatrician income. I will post it if I find it.

Pediatricians vaccinate children at 2, 4, 6, 9, and 12 months--5 times in the first year; sometimes giving several vaccines on a single visit.
The Administrative charge for each vaccine can be as high as $50.00. However, at the same time, a baby well-visit is performed where the infant's blood
pressure, pulse, temperature are taken, and this becomes another charge. If the child experiences a high fever (due to administration of the vaccine(s)), this necessitates another visit
back to the pediatrician. The fact that vaccines have been implicated in childhood MS, obesity, diabetes, asthma and allergies, ADD, ADHD, and autism indicate that due to vaccination, the physician
(perhaps inadvertently) creates a stream of continuing or ongoing medical business that would otherwise be unnecessary.

Thus, 50% is likely a conservative figure when the related issues are considered.

So doctors who say they are losing money from vaccines are not considering all the "extras" that go along with them.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 AM

Why would a dr. pay out of pocket to vaccinate all of his clients costing him thousands?

When Walmart sells a DVD for less than they pay for it it's to get subsequent sales and return visitors.

1+1 does not equal 3.

I don't understand this equation. A business is a business. More money going out equals a failed business. I am guessing many doctors are not millionaire philanthropists but have $100,000 in student loans to be paid and while "helping" is a nice thing to say you do, a lot got into the practice for the prestige and money.

User Tag List