religious exemption letter for GA public school - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2009, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've tried searching MDC but haven't found my anwser. i did find this in a internet search
Quote:
Exemptions:
The Official Code of Georgia provides for only two types of exemptions from immunization requirements:
1) Medical: Medical exemption for a vaccine should be filled in only when there is a physical disability or condition that contraindicates immunization for that particular vaccine. There must be an annual review of medical exemptions, and certificates must be reissued with or without indication of exemption.
O.C.G.A. §20-2-771(d).
2) Religious: For a child to be exempt from immunizations on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must furnish the school/facility with a notarized affidavit stating that immunization conflicts with his or her religious beliefs. There is no standard form for Religious Exemption. The school/facility must keep the affidavit on file and available for inspection by health officials in lieu of an Immunization Certificate.
Affidavits denoting religious exemption do not expire. O.C.G.A. §20-2-771(e).
but it was a PDF file last revised in 03. is this still current information? do i need to file something with the health department or do i just take a notarized letter into the school with DS other registration forms? can someone link me to a sample letter? i have no idea what i'm supposed to state and don't want to mess this up. DS is super excited about starting school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 01:20 AM

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...s/georgia.aspx

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

thank you Emmeline. i did find a current section that states that i need to sign an affidavit for vax exemption for the school. i found your sample letter from February i will use that to base our affidavit on. it doesn't state in the link if it needs to be notarized but i plan on doing it for our protection. thank you again.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 PM

My midwife gave me this to use and I did for my daughters daycare in Atlanta! As long as a school receives state funding it cannot deney it! No notary used!

To Whom It May Concern:

As legal parent of __________________________________, I hereby request that my son be enrolled in school with out immunization because it violates the free exercise of my personal beliefs and religious principles.

This affidavit of religious conflict with immunization requirements is in compliance with the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated, Section 20-2-771. It is to be filed as legal proof of parent's objection with Student's school health records.

User Tag List