#1 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM

I weighed the information on both sides for each vaccine and disease. I didn't choose to "vax" or "not vax" I chose on each vaccine individually.

I didn't find any that were worth the risks for my kids at this point in time.

-Angela
#3 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Hi, and welcome to the forum. It's a long story for me but we now have 1 partially vaccinated and 3 completely vaccine free grandchildren (from 3 families).

For now I just want to tell you, once you vaccinate and you regret it, there is no way to get the vaccine back out of the little body again. Yet you can always vaccinate if after researching you decide that's what you find is best for your child.

Do some research. Read everything you can in the archives. Look at some sites and share everything with your partner. You should come to a decision together.

If your dh tells you that he had all the shots and he is fine, well, there are many more that are being injected into a child now than they did back then. Plus they are doing them earlier.

Good luck in your research. Stick around and ask lots of questions. That's the only way you will be able to make an informed decision. And the one who does the research should be the one to make the decision.

#4 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Well for me the question was "Tell me why I should vax." The child is born unvaccinated I needed to find reasons to change that. So you need to look for reasons to vax. It's a subtle shift in thinking but it makes a difference.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#5 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoysBlue View Post
Well for me the question was "Tell me why I should vax." The child is born unvaccinated I needed to find reasons to change that. So you need to look for reasons to vax. It's a subtle shift in thinking but it makes a difference.
And it certainly makes a lot more sense.
#6 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalizz View Post
I think I'm suffering from a case of information overload! I'm just at a loss as to whether I should get my 3 month old vaccinated or not- my gut is telling me that I don't, my DH is telling me I should. Please, tell me why you made your descsion not to vax. Thanks
1. DD will remain vaccine free because both myself and DH had near-fatal serious reactions to our childhood vaccines.

2. I disagree with the ethics and morals of the entire vaccine industry. The studies are flawed. The conflicts of interest are everywhere. Money is too strong of a factor. Even if dd did not have a potential familial allergy, she would remain vaccine free until there was a longitudinal, double-blind study on every vaccine and combo vaccines.

3. The vaccine related illnesses don't seem so risky as to need 46 doses of heavy metals, additives and dna material.

4. I think the dismissed option in Bacon's time might be more correct than our current model of disease and health. We know next to nothing about immunological function.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#7 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:10 PM

After almost fully vaxing my first child I felt as you did but didn't know where to start. So I decided to delay vaccines for my second son while I researched the issue. (You can always get your baby vaccinated later if that's what you decide.)

Dh and I started by reading Dr. Stephanie Cave's "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Childhood Vaccinations." Many folks here don't like it because Dr. Cave has a delayed vaccination schedule in the back of the book. But we really appreciated the easy-to-follow way she describes each disease, its vaccine, the risks and reactions.

For dh especially, being new to the concept of not vaccinating, it was important for him to read something written by an MD. (Many people like Aviva Jill Romm's book, but no way was dh going to take seriously something written by someone whose credentials are "herbalist and midwife" no matter how much she knows about the topic. That's just the reality.)

After going through each section of Cave's book, we decided to do only one vax and re-evaluate as the years go on. My son is currently 6 and healthy. He will get the TD next year and the MMR at 10, but that's it.)
#8 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I think I'm suffering from a case of information overload! I'm just at a loss as to whether I should get my 3 month old vaccinated or not- my gut is telling me that I don't, my DH is telling me I should. Please, tell me why you made your descsion not to vax. Thanks
The best action is no action at all. If you're questioning vaccinating, don't do it. It's easier to vaccinate a child later in life than take back damage done to a child by vaccinations!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#9 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Our reasons for delaying or selectively vaccinating:

Some diseases are more serious than others. Or far less communicable. All vaccines carry risks; the risks are more worth it to keep polio from making a comeback than, say, to keep my child from getting chicken pox.

Some vaccines are more effective than others. The risks are more worth it for a vaccine that's really going to do what it's supposed to do than for a vaccine you take and still have a 70% chance of contracting the disease anyway.

Some diseases, a small baby has little or no chance of getting. And many vaccines are just done as a blanket policy, when we believe that they should be administered on a case by case basis, as needed. For instance, how on Earth is my child going to get Hepatitis? No one in my family has Hepatitis.

Specific thoughts:

Gardasil: No, we'll never do that, not even if we had a girl. The wrong balance of risks and benefits. Human Papilloma Virus is not the kind of thing that you're going to breathe in and be struck by. You can prevent it using safe sex practices. And the vaccine only prevents certain strains, so you still can get the disease after having the vaccine. AND, there are SO MANY reports of crippling illness and death after having the shots.

MMR and Dtap: We plan to split them up and do them one at a time, spaced apart, carefully observing any reactions to each. I just don't believe it's very safe to inject several different vaccines all together into the body of a 2-month-old baby, as they say you should. My grandmother would say, "Oh, we all had Measles when I was a kid, and they all had Mumps when your mother was a kid, and we all lived." But I just think I'm going to wait until he's bigger, older, and his system is more mature for some of these.

Flu: I believe this is a case of too much risk for too little benefit. It's the flu. It goes around every year, and it will continue going around every year, shots or no shots. In fact this is one of quite a few vaccines where it's doubted whether it's effective at all!

Those are just my thoughts on the subject.
#10 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:24 PM

Go with your gut
My oldest child has vaccine-induced autism . . . he will suffer for the rest of his life because I chose to vaccinate him.
#11 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM

tell me why you should
#12 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaghmom View Post
1. DD will remain vaccine free because both myself and DH had near-fatal serious reactions to our childhood vaccines.

2. I disagree with the ethics and morals of the entire vaccine industry. The studies are flawed. The conflicts of interest are everywhere. Money is too strong of a factor. Even if dd did not have a potential familial allergy, she would remain vaccine free until there was a longitudinal, double-blind study on every vaccine and combo vaccines.

3. The vaccine related illnesses don't seem so risky as to need 46 doses of heavy metals, additives and dna material.

4. I think the dismissed option in Bacon's time might be more correct than our current model of disease and health. We know next to nothing about immunological function.
: except for the near fatal reactions...for me it's more a matter of allergies and chronic aouto immune disorders (MS) running in my family.
and Amen to the rest of it!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#13 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Look into all the factors that affect immunity; so much more goes into it than vaccination status. A child doesn't have to be vaccinated in order to have protection from a disease; he/she can get natural immune protection in many ways. An unvaccinated child does not mean a vulnerable child; this is only a nasty rumor spread by those who profit off of vaccines!

I encourage you to seek out parents who don't vaccinate and observe the health situation of the children. Most unvaccinated children are extremely healthy, and it's not just the vaccination status...it has to do with avoiding the germy well baby visits and all the risks associated with them.

I have a partially vaccinated 6 year old and an unvaccinated 4 year old. The first 2 years of my oldest's life was spent in misery...ear infections, upper respiratory infections, allergies, crusty eyes, stomach bugs...

You name it, she had it. And it all STOPPED when we figured out that the preventatives were causing problems, and the cures offered for those problems were causing more problems! We were on an endless cycle of vaccines, sickness, antibiotics, sickness, etc.

It's not that the doctors are all evil. It's that most of them don't know. They were taught to manage health this way. They're taught that all children are born with defects which need correcting and over-management.

Breastfeed, if you can, for as long as you can, and enjoy your healthy vaccine-free baby! If your baby does get ill, take comfort in the fact that it wasn't caused by a vaccine and will probably be short-lived and mild, because the immune system has not been tampered with.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#14 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Have you watched the video clip on www.brainguardmd.com?

For our family, we feel much better equipped to deal with a case of the measles, mumps, chicken pox, polio, rotavirus, and any other VPD than we do a stroke, cancer, or other permanent autoimmune diseases.
#15 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM

I think you need to make the right decision for yourself and stop asking other people. This is your child, your choice, your life. No one else, including a doctor, can make that decision for you.
#16 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Bottom line for me was that I really didn't think the benefits outweighed the risks. I know that sounds vague and overly simplistic, but that's the real reason when it all comes down.
#17 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

I would just about get on my knees and beg you not to vax your baby.

I'm reading Vaccination and Social Violence by Harris Coulter. Very eye opening even if 1% of it is true. I'd recommend it!!! Not to mention, according to Dr. Harris a child who doesn't have a severe reaction came still be damaged (ie encephalitis).

If you look at the recommended vaxes, most of them aren't even life threatening. M,M,R, chx pox weren't considered life threatening b4 the vax. The chx pox vax is being linked to shingles epidemic (of course there will be vaxes for that if they aren't already on the market).

I need to do research on this, but I think kids have so many ear,nose,and throat problems b/c of all the vaxes. My cousins, my brother, and I all had asthma as a child. One of my cousins has severe allergies. He cannot have peanut butter b/c it will kill him. He could probably be diagnosed as having ADD.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you do decide to vax, plz familiarize yourself on the reactions such as petit, grand mal, and absence seizures, hypersomnia, etc. So many parents have children who have vax reactions but don't realize it.
#18 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM

It's so hard when one is overwhelmed with a plethora of info. But I agree with everyone here: take your time. You don't need to rush. If your doctor is pushing you, find a new one. You cannot take the vaxes back.

We vaxed my oldest son til he was 6 months old. He had terrible reactions: screaming up to 8 hours a day, light and sound sensitivity, etc. We were so nervous and listened to the ped who kept saying it was "coincidence." We finally wised up and switched practices. Then I read and read and read. I'll never meet a day when I feel completely educated on vaccine theory and pediatric immunology. But this is for certain: I will never vax my children again.

Good luck. Take your time. Ask questions. You're in the right place. hugs.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#19 of 33 Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
That mama instinct is real. listen to it.
#20 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 AM

Here is a video you and dh ought to watch together. You'll hear people in front of congress telling about the dangers of vaccines and what had happened to their own children. It is very well worth watching.
#21 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Go with your gut, I didn't with my first child and I regret it deeply. I'm FAR from being alone in my regret:

If you regret vaccinating your child, please post here.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=825816

Vaccines are dangerous and for us they just aren't worth the risk.
#22 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

I strongly believe that vaccines mess up immune system in a huge way, opening up a door for serious health problems such as allergies, asthma, diabetes, cancer and many others. So, it’s not just the short term reactions I’m worried about, but mostly some serious long term consequences from vaccines.
#23 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
If your dh tells you that he had all the shots and he is fine, well, there are many more that are being injected into a child now than they did back then. Plus they are doing them earlier.
True. And also, how old is he to really know if he's fine? How many people have to deal with cancer before they are even 50!
#24 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
True. And also, how old is he to really know if he's fine? How many people have to deal with cancer before they are even 50!
Since the vaccine industry refuses to see if vaccines are linked to cancer, they ignore cancer rates like everything else. I've heard the "I was vaccinated and I am fine" argument many times. It would be like me saying, "I've had a couple of pretty serious car accidents and I am fine." Sometimes you are just lucky. If we are going to use that argument, then we need to line up all the unlucky vaccinated persons and hear their side of the story.

Besides that in almost every instance people who do have health issues never link them to vaccination. If I had a two by four for every person in a counseling session who said they were fine when their life was a mess, I could build a nice, big house.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde
#25 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Here is a video you and dh ought to watch together. You'll hear people in front of congress telling about the dangers of vaccines and what had happened to their own children. It is very well worth watching.
Thanks for posting that. I had not watched that video til now. Yurko really got screwed. How many others like him?

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde
#26 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattershoot View Post
Since the vaccine industry refuses to see if vaccines are linked to cancer, they ignore cancer rates like everything else. I've heard the "I was vaccinated and I am fine" argument many times. It would be like me saying, "I've had a couple of pretty serious car accidents and I am fine." Sometimes you are just lucky. If we are going to use that argument, then we need to line up all the unlucky vaccinated persons and hear their side of the story.

Besides that in almost every instance people who do have health issues never link them to vaccination. If I had a two by four for every person in a counseling session who said they were fine when their life was a mess, I could build a nice, big house.
Except occasionally, during meetings of federal agencies, they admit to it and discuss it at length... But, I don't think they want it to be common knowledge.

SV40 was a monkey virus that was inadvertently mixed into polio vaccine in the 50's and 60's when they produced the vaccine on monkey kidneys. Turns out it causes cancer. Not only that, they have found vertical transmission--it is passed onto babies in utero.

I saw these minutes linked in a signature here, and I wrote a post about it on my blog. Read it. It is startling.

What other cancers are people getting from vaccines that they don't realize yet? It took them 20 years before they realized the SV40 was causing cancer. Vaccines aren't generally studied for that long.

They really are playing with stuff they know nothing about. They don't know the long term ramifications of any vaccine in the schedule. And, what is reprehensible to me, they are not looking.

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
#27 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradbg View Post
Except occasionally, during meetings of federal agencies, they admit to it and discuss it at length... But, I don't think they want it to be common knowledge.

SV40 was a monkey virus that was inadvertently mixed into polio vaccine in the 50's and 60's when they produced the vaccine on monkey kidneys. Turns out it causes cancer. Not only that, they have found vertical transmission--it is passed onto babies in utero.

I saw these minutes linked in a signature here, and I wrote a post about it on my blog. Read it. It is startling.

What other cancers are people getting from vaccines that they don't realize yet? It took them 20 years before they realized the SV40 was causing cancer. Vaccines aren't generally studied for that long.

They really are playing with stuff they know nothing about. They don't know the long term ramifications of any vaccine in the schedule. And, what is reprehensible to me, they are not looking.
Thank you for this post. That was one of my reasons for not vaccinating too, along with multiple other things. I was looking for info on that virus since I lost my links, so thanks
#28 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradbg View Post

I completely agree with every word. All of us who have found all this out the easy way or the hard way need to continue to fight for the children so this mass destruction comes to an end.

#29 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

#30 of 33 Old 06-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you all very much for the replies! I showed this post to my DH- all it took to convince him was the links from vaccines to autism. He has a friend who is mildly autistic and I used to nanny a boy who was severly autistic, so we know how devastating it can be. I'm happy to report we won't be vaxing now or in the future
wow...that was easy!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page