Anyone else totally creeped out? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This whole Swine Flu thing has been creeping me out ever since it began. Anyone else?

http://www.naturalnews.com/026503_pa...terrorism.html

What I initially found really suspicious when this whole thing started was the mass panic over something that was not more deadly than "regular" flu. Closing schools, wearing masks... Just seemed like someone wanted to trigger panic for some reason and it worked really well (TOO well in my opinion)

Of course the Baxter incident (contamined vaccines: sending live bird flu virus all over the world) that occurred several months prior to the outbreak of swine flu in April creeps me out as well.

I just want to crawl in a hole and hide for a few years and hope the world will be a better place when I come out lol

Do read the link above , I would like to hear your thoughts. This in particular is really disturbing to me:

Quote:
Evidence as to WHO's manipulation of disease data in order to justify declaring a Pandemic Level 6 in order to seize control of the USA.
Does anyone know more details how they manipulated the criteria of disease in order to justify declaring a level 6 pandemic? I heard about it but hadn't had time recently to look into it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would love to see this evidence. I mean it sounds totally wacky, but honestly I really would out nothing past government agencies. I believe that people are capable of this level of Evil and it does scare me. I would like to hide too. I will research this and see if I can come up with any other info

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 02:20 PM

i am very creeped out.. and the thing is ... this was all being said last year, and so far nearly everything these conspiracy theorists have said is happening.. .they bankrupting of the country, the timeline for the pandemic and the legislation being put in place to force vaccinate an entire population.. i was walking through the parking lot last week and this ER nurse was talking to her son she said to him " the flu doesn't kill 36000 a year and this campaign and dire need to vaccinate everyone is over the top, i've never seen so much push for this in my entire career and this flu is not by any means something to worry about...it's a really mild flu. less people have gotten seriously ill than the regular flu" I stopped her and thanked her and said " i was beginning to think i was loosing my mind" . But i'm hearing this stuff in the darndest places and our recent history is playing out nearly akin to what these so called 'conspiracey theorists' have been warning us about... I am really starting to believe that there are people out there that want us down and out to exploit this countrys' natural resources... i would not be surprised if this was true and have made plans to leave at the first sign of this ... if i can... otherwise we are heading for the hills they can have my house and the 'stuff' in it.. all i want is my life and my sons' life

#4 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM

Hmmm. I don't know. Some of that sounds like it's entirely plausible, but some of it sounds a bit far-fetched. I haven't heard anything about forced vaccinations, for one thing. And where are these enormous FEMA camps that were mentioned? Unless they're in the middle of the Nevada desert (a very unlikely place), wouldn't someone have noticed their construction? For the most part, I haven't really met anyone who's very concerned about the swine flu stuff. Because it isn't causing people to drop like flies, and although it's still around past the regular flu season, no one I've met seems very worried. I've seen exactly one person wearing a mask, and that's it.

I'm not completely ruling out some sort of bioengineered weapon, but the extermination of the entire US population? That would be incredibly hard to implement. As soon as the vaccinated people started dying, the unvaccinated would probably revolt against the mandate. For that matter, unless someone shows up at my door and demands I accept an injection at gunpoint, I won't be showing up at any location with my sleeve rolled up no matter what some lawmaker says I need to do.

Yes, it's creepy and there's a lot of unexplained factors (such as why are they calling this relatively mild strain of the flu a pandemic, anyway? More people die from snakebites every year than have died from this bug), but I think I will reserve judgment on this article's allegations until I have more information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There should be a zebra-smiley
)O(
Solo Mom with a Blessed Life )O(
Tommi Kieryn (12)...Gabriella Siobhan (10)...Nathaniel Lucas (7)...Alivia Rayne (3)
~~~~

DV Survivor/Mom of Transgender Kid/Disabled Veteran

~~~~

#5 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSerenity View Post
Hmmm. I don't know. Some of that sounds like it's entirely plausible, but some of it sounds a bit far-fetched. I haven't heard anything about forced vaccinations, for one thing. And where are these enormous FEMA camps that were mentioned? Unless they're in the middle of the Nevada desert (a very unlikely place), wouldn't someone have noticed their construction? For the most part, I haven't really met anyone who's very concerned about the swine flu stuff. Because it isn't causing people to drop like flies, and although it's still around past the regular flu season, no one I've met seems very worried. I've seen exactly one person wearing a mask, and that's it.

I'm not completely ruling out some sort of bioengineered weapon, but the extermination of the entire US population? That would be incredibly hard to implement. As soon as the vaccinated people started dying, the unvaccinated would probably revolt against the mandate. For that matter, unless someone shows up at my door and demands I accept an injection at gunpoint, I won't be showing up at any location with my sleeve rolled up no matter what some lawmaker says I need to do.

Yes, it's creepy and there's a lot of unexplained factors (such as why are they calling this relatively mild strain of the flu a pandemic, anyway? More people die from snakebites every year than have died from this bug), but I think I will reserve judgment on this article's allegations until I have more information.

just wanted to clarify about this....they are calling it a pandemic because I suppose it is one. A Pandemic has to do with how widespread a disease is, not how deadly it is.
Quote:
of a disease) prevalent throughout an entire country, continent, or the whole world; epidemic over a large area.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 03:15 PM

many of these camps would be found on old military bases that are unused or empty warehouses... they are not places that are neccessarily built.. there are places like this... and being that i live near some big military bases.. i can see that happening here... i am sure it would happen in clusters and they could not get us all... but this vaccine being a biological weapon.. all they need to do is stick a few people... and after a short time it will spread... and where do the sick go? to containment centers ... i doubt they will take care of a flu outbreak in a hospital. If this flu is weaponized...well... it will be so because they want casualties... and if it's not why all the hysteria... it is starting to look like what the conspiracies are saying has alot of truth. i am prepared to leave on foot if i have to... because if they required proof of vax and you get stuck in a check point .. you are gone. It's insane i feel like i am in the middle of a movie.. all this mandatory vax crap is over the top and pro vax people are the ones who have studied this so little, they chant thier vax morals yet most of thier knowledge comes from the profiteers of this racket.. ugh..
#7 of 44 Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
count me among the creeped out. Not only that, but my Mom's husband, who NEVER does the conspiracy theory thing, is thinking that this bug was engineered because otherwise how would they have the vaccine so darn fast.

It really creeped me out when big pharma announced the completion of the vaccine THE DAY AFTER the WHO declared it a pandemic.

the "regular flu" is pandemic, too, no? It's all over the world, I thought...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#8 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
As soon as the vaccinated people started dying, the unvaccinated would probably revolt against the mandate.
True, but what if they didn't start dying right away? What if disease didn't start to show up for a period of months (or even few years) after the vax? By then, nearly everyone would have already got vaxed, assuming it "safe."

Think of guillian-barre syndrome - a known side effect from vaccine, but takes months after the shot to develop and cripple (and sometimes kill)

I agree with you that if people dropped like flies after vax, everyone left would smarten up rather quickly. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to try anything like that on a population. But what if the deteriorating health effects took a little longer to work?

I used to have more faith in the WHO before this swine flu thing started. They recommend breast-feeding for 2 years (as opposed to just 1, as the AAP recommends) - I really respect their recommendations on breastfeeding and love their
"10 facts on breastfeeding" (link below)

http://www.who.int/features/factfile.../en/index.html

I would like to believe they are not the "bad guys" but the whole idea of declaring this a world wide pandemic of the highest level possible (there are ONLY 6 levels, and its ALready been declared a level 6) just makes me distrust the WHO now - I mean, whats going to happen if a disease that really DOES kill lots of people suddenly starts spreading and disrupting the world? There isn't any further levels to describe it. Therefore, they either: never expect this to happen, or, they made some major mistakes and should never have declared the swine flu a level 6. It just creeps me out that they did this.

I mean there have been 238 deaths WORLDWIDE from the swine flu (in a population of what - almost 7 BILLION now?)

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_06_24/en/index.html

Good lord, what is their point of declaring a level 6 pandemic anyway? It just seems REALLY fishy to me. Basically what it means is that we've been experiencing level 6 pandemics on a yearly basis ever since time immortal. (After all, the seasonal flu - regular old flu bug that's been going around for decades and centuries - supposedly kills 36,000 people just in the United States alone every SINGLE YEAR!)

Quote:
About 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm

I did find an interesting blog that explains more about the levels of WHO pandemic phases (and this was written in April, what it was currently a phase 3)

http://afludiary.blogspot.com/2009/0...mic-phase.html

What I would like to see is a comparison of what the definition of phases 1-6 BEFORE April, 2009, and AFTER they "revised" their criteria. Can anyone help?

Oh, one additional comment:

Quote:
For that matter, unless someone shows up at my door and demands I accept an injection at gunpoint, I won't be showing up at any location with my sleeve rolled up no matter what some lawmaker says I need to do.
Really? What if they said if you didn't get your vax you'd be thrown into jail (where you'd likely be vaxed anyway, right?). I think a lot of people who would never ordinarily accept a vax might reluctantly do so if the conditions were right. The current laws in place really creep me out.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#9 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM

Interesting article. While I do think it is a bit over the top (for cynical reasons I'll go into later) I don't have trouble believing this:

Quote:
She presents evidence leading to the belief that the bird flu and swine flu viruses have, in fact, been bioengineered in laboratories using funding supplied by the WHO and other government agencies, among others.
Why I don't think the vaccine is supposed to kill off the population is because the American population is a gigantic source of income for the evil capitalists who run everything. Americans consume more than any other people in the entire world. It would make much more sense from the point of view of exploiting natural resources/increasing profit to send a deadly vaccine to developing countries where the population is "in the way" of the capitalist development machine and also doesn't consume very much due to poverty. If they were going to send a deadly vaccine to anybody, that is. I think the reality is much more mundane.
I think the whole scare has been drummed up simply in order to sell more vaccines. Maybe the vaccines do have side effects (since they haven't been properly tested, who knows) but I believe they will probably be incidental, not planned. It's just not in the interest of big pharma to kill off their customers. Maybe make their customers sick, sure, but kill them off? No. That would be like killing the goose that lays golden eggs in order to get all the eggs at once. Not effective in terms of profit. What good are all the natural resources of North America if there's nobody left with money to consume those resources for profit?
But even so, stuff like this makes me want to run for the hills. Start growing my own veggies before you can't get non-gmo seeds anymore, you know? Count me in for creeped out. Creeped out not by the image of an apocalyptic near-future but by the gradual insidious infiltrating of all things good by the tentacles of greed mixed with power.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#10 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM

I'll repeat what I think someone else said upthread..."pandemic" refers to how widespread the disease is, not how dangerous it is. Just as the word "endemic" means something is only found in one area, "pandemic" means it's found everywhere. The reason it's scaring people is because they keep throwing that word around without being specific about what that really means.

So, I guess I don't blame the WHO for calling it a pandemic... it *IS* a pandemic, in that it's found all over the world and easily spread. It's just not a dangerous one, as of now. :

ETA...

here's a discussion of the word pandemic: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/09/he...docs.html?_r=1

Here's the WHO definitions for their levels - it talks about how easily and far it's spread, not about danger from the disease:
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian...enza/phase/en/

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

#11 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 AM

I read the article. It just seems like more fear mongering, except it's from another side.

What is the motive for killing the U.S. population?

I think there may be a motive for keeping us all sick and convincing people that the way to health is through pharma. But, if we all die off, then there goes the economic engine driving everything. Do you think Walmart will allow that?

I think this kind of thing really dilutes the message which is: vaccines are dangerous and ineffective. I really don't think there is an intent to kill children by doctors or even by big pharma. I just think there's a great deal of arrogance and instead of Edwardians conquering exotic third world locales, they are trying to conquer microbes--but, it's the same stupid sensibility.

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
#12 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM

It's my understanding, from an interview that I heard on CBC radio that swine flu first surfaced in the 70's. A vaccine was quickly made and actually killed more people than the virus did. I think it was used on some military guys, or ...I can't recall the details. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

and
#13 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM

I have to agree that killing off the population of the entire North American continent just seems counter-productive. It goes back to why Big Pharma can't "discover" a cure for cancer... seriously, they'd be cutting off their biggest revenue source if there was suddenly no more need for all the uber-expensive medications related to the treatment of cancer.

I also agree that it's highly suspicious how quickly the vaccine was created for swine flu. The H1N1 virus was supposedly only identified earlier this year and within five months there's a vaccine ready. Typically, they say it takes an entire year to formulate and manufacture the vaccine for the yearly flu. So yeah, it's entirely plausible that H1N1 is bioengineered. I just have a hard time believing Pharma and WHO want to eliminate the entire population of the US. And I did consider the fact that having administered the vaccine, the recipients may not start dying off right away, that the thing might have a delayed response. I still don't think it would make any sense to try and murder 300 million people. If the virus administered was spread through airborne means, then we'd be affecting more than just the US citizenry anyway. The WHO would end up killing off most of the world (which I guess was considered, didn't it say in the article that she believed eventually this evil empire desired to have as many as 5 billion people worldwide eliminated?).

How could you possibly reap the benefits of all our natural resources if there existed no one who could do the work of cultivating all of it? For that matter, who is going to clean up hundreds of millions of dead bodies? It's like a Stephen King story.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

)O(
Tommi Kieryn (12)...Gabriella Siobhan (10)...Nathaniel Lucas (7)...Alivia Rayne (3)
~~~~

~~~~

#14 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM

The media covered it more when there was just a handful of deaths! Now that there is a handful in every state its small news! A few camps and in Georgia have fallen ill with it and it is so not front page news! WHO has upgraded the alert level and still its not anything alarming anymore it seems! I don't know wether to be paniced or not!
#15 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Pandemic sounds too similar to "panic", which is probably what "they" want people to do, plus live in fear of this "deadly" virus.

#16 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 PM

:

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#17 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I have to agree that killing off the population of the entire North American continent just seems counter-productive. It goes back to why Big Pharma can't "discover" a cure for cancer... seriously, they'd be cutting off their biggest revenue source if there was suddenly no more need for all the uber-expensive medications related to the treatment of cancer.
To me, the analogy of one sibling killing off the rest of the siblings in order to reap the full benefits of an inheritance comes to mind. If a certain subset of the population wants to claim control over the masses, one the best ways to do that is to get rid of a big portion of them.

In my worst nightmare, I see this vaccine being forced on everyone, and the ones who die immediately from the vaccine will be assumed to have gotten the deadly virus already. Harm from the vaccine will be denied and swept under the rug, just as they do with all the rest of the vaccines. If many die, the deadly swine flu will be blamed rather than the vaccine. Spanish flu all over again.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#18 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:

I also agree that it's highly suspicious how quickly the vaccine was created for swine flu. The H1N1 virus was supposedly only identified earlier this year and within five months there's a vaccine ready. Typically, they say it takes an entire year to formulate and manufacture the vaccine for the yearly flu. So yeah, it's entirely plausible that H1N1 is bioengineered. I just have a hard time believing Pharma and WHO want to eliminate the entire population of the US. And I did consider the fact that having administered the vaccine, the recipients may not start dying off right away, that the thing might have a delayed response. I still don't think it would make any sense to try and murder 300 million people. If the virus administered was spread through airborne means, then we'd be affecting more than just the US citizenry anyway. The WHO would end up killing off most of the world (which I guess was considered, didn't it say in the article that she believed eventually this evil empire desired to have as many as 5 billion people worldwide eliminated?).

How could you possibly reap the benefits of all our natural resources if there existed no one who could do the work of cultivating all of it? For that matter, who is going to clean up hundreds of millions of dead bodies? It's like a Stephen King story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post
To me, the analogy of one sibling killing off the rest of the siblings in order to reap the full benefits of an inheritance comes to mind. If a certain subset of the population wants to claim control over the masses, one the best ways to do that is to get rid of a big portion of them.

In my worst nightmare, I see this vaccine being forced on everyone, and the ones who die immediately from the vaccine will be assumed to have gotten the deadly virus already. Harm from the vaccine will be denied and swept under the rug, just as they do with all the rest of the vaccines. If many die, the deadly swine flu will be blamed rather than the vaccine. Spanish flu all over again.
Yes, and yes. It is indeed very scary. I want to run to the hills and hide forever.

#19 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 05:04 PM

I won't let anyone make me feel creepy or in any danger of viruses or other germs. I will not let anyone inject me with anything.

Just last week I talked to someone who comes from a country where they have no freedom and everything is being dictated to them. He told me the history of his country and it was not always like that, although that goes back a long way.
We discussed how it come to this situation. He said, THE PEOPLE LET IT HAPPEN. And I believe he was right. If we don't let things happen to us that we don't want to happen, they* have to back off their plans.

Codex Alimentarius was going to take away many food supplements in the '70's. People joined together and protested. Codex backed off. They managed to make major changes in Europe because no one objected. Now you can't get many of the food supplements in Europe that you can get in the US, although people would have been all up in arms if they had taken away their herbs. And they knew that. So they did not even try.

We are in charge
. We just have to realize it and insist on having it "my way".

Quote:
For that matter, unless someone shows up at my door and demands I accept an injection at gunpoint...
If an injection means a rotten life or death afterward, why would you ever subject to it? Even at gunpoint I will refuse. Let them shoot me. What good is a dead body? They are not going to shoot anyone. The person holding the gun will have some morals. Reason with them. Bribe them. Use any means you can to get them to leave you alone. Just don't get injected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post
Why I don't think the vaccine is supposed to kill off the population is because the American population is a gigantic source of income...
Who needs income? They can and have printed all the fiat money they want and need. Besides, the super rich don't use or need money. Never have, never will.

Quote:
Americans consume more than any other people in the entire world.
That is what they want to stop. We are using "their" oil, and we vacationing on "their" French Riviera. We are even hunting "their" game in Africa.
Not all of us are doing it, but every so often we can afford a vacation here and there and that creates a lot of visitors on "their" land.
They want the land back. We are the useless eaters and users. We are no longer needed. They have automation to do most everything. We are in the way. And the few people they do need, they'll keep.

It has been written in stone:

"maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature", "guide reproduction wisely",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...ff_guidestones

But we can refuse to let them implement their plan if we are aware of it. The more people that find out about it, the greater our chance of foiling their plans is. Spread the word. We are strong if we are together. More and more people are waking up every day.

Don't let them use their diversionary tactic with us. Shut of the TV. Don't buy their fashion magazines, don't follow their lead. Get informed. Look for alternative sites and find the truth in them. I am not saying that they only print facts, but certainly our newspapers don't. They are all owned and controlled by a few people and their agenda.

(Re)-read 1984

*the Illuminati
#20 of 44 Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post
I think the whole scare has been drummed up simply in order to sell more vaccines. Maybe the vaccines do have side effects (since they haven't been properly tested, who knows) but I believe they will probably be incidental, not planned. It's just not in the interest of big pharma to kill off their customers. Maybe make their customers sick, sure, but kill them off? No. That would be like killing the goose that lays golden eggs in order to get all the eggs at once. Not effective in terms of profit. What good are all the natural resources of North America if there's nobody left with money to consume those resources for profit?
This is exactly what I think.

Don't get me wrong, I totally believe there is a huge, complex machinery in place that wants nothing more than to achieve totalitarian rule by using subversive, terroristic tactics, run by international organizations with their fingers in every pie. Secret societies and all that, however powerful they actually are, do exist, I'm sure. I do have to say, though, that I don't believe the H1N1 thing, with the "pandemic" label and vaccine issues, etc. etc., is the apocalyptic event that will set wheels in motion.

I still have heard nothing reliable whatsoever about mandatory vaccinations being forced upon the public. If someone can give me a trustworthy (whatever you believe to be trustworthy, that is) source that has discovered the way that the government will go about implementing such a controversial order, please let me know. I really am interested in verifying that information.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

)O(
~~~~

~~~~

#21 of 44 Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I still have heard nothing reliable whatsoever about mandatory vaccinations being forced upon the public. If someone can give me a trustworthy (whatever you believe to be trustworthy, that is) source that has discovered the way that the government will go about implementing such a controversial order, please let me know. I really am interested in verifying that information.
Have you read the patriot act or the legislation about flu pandemic in at least one state,i have heard that the legislation has been passed and it gives state health authorities to enter a home or business without consent of individuals and force vaccination or quarantine i can't recall the links but if it's true it will resurface again....
#22 of 44 Old 06-28-2009, 12:16 PM

in some of the previous posts i see people are questioning why the government or corporations want to kill off so many? If the population was reduced by millions, they could drill and mine and have free reign over all the natural resources in this country, which would be alot more profitable than having us sitting on all of it...
#23 of 44 Old 06-28-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmum35 View Post
Does anyone know more details how they manipulated the criteria of disease in order to justify declaring a level 6 pandemic? I heard about it but hadn't had time recently to look into it.
I did a "Way Back When" search for the pandemic flu page, and here is what I found:

Search

and

Most recent (Feb 2008) WHO update.

I haven't looked far enough into it to know what the real difference is, except this: Now it appears that epidemics are able to escalate faster to pandemic by WHO definitions than before.

(Here's a link to the current guidelines.)

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#24 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treece View Post
I did a "Way Back When" search for the pandemic flu page, and here is what I found:

Search

and

Most recent (Feb 2008) WHO update.

I haven't looked far enough into it to know what the real difference is, except this: Now it appears that epidemics are able to escalate faster to pandemic by WHO definitions than before.

(Here's a link to the current guidelines.)
Thank you for trying- the archive is interesting, and when I first saw it I was hoping for a definitions page, from a past year. But it's not there. There are no links prior to 2006, 13 from 2006 (all stage 3), 3 in 2007 (stage 3 again) and 1 in 2008 (also stage 3)

This really didn't teach me anything but I did find it interesting and wonder if someone else saved a page from a previous year, before the WHO revised their definitions of the pandemic phases. I'd like to compare what made a disease a "level 6" pandemic in previous years, and compare it with their current defnition, which was revised just this year (march or april 2009 I believe)

#25 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 AM

ok, i am going to be honest now, i thought about leaving a comment for a while because you are probably all going to hate me, but, i don't think that the government wants to kill us.
i think, yeah, maybe swine flu is theirs, maybe they made it, but they now regret it & want to get everyone safe.
i just seriously do not believe they would even WANT so many people dead, think about the panic, & the need to dispose of the bodies, for a start.
i am a big fan of conspiracy theories, but , i think, this is a little bit over the top.
#26 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 AM

Sorry, but no, I don't think it's a conspiracy and I don't think it was bioengineered in a lab.

I think it's a flu virus that most people have little immunity to, and it's spreading as a result.

I don't think it's any different than any "new" Influenza virus that crops up every few decades or so (Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu, etc.).
#27 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopesmommy View Post
Sorry, but no, I don't think it's a conspiracy and I don't think it was bioengineered in a lab.

I think it's a flu virus that most people have little immunity to, and it's spreading as a result.

I don't think it's any different than any "new" Influenza virus that crops up every few decades or so (Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu, etc.).
thank you. i was anxiously awaiting the next reply, fearing i would be really ... um.. disliked. <3
#28 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
ok, i am going to be honest now, i thought about leaving a comment for a while because you are probably all going to hate me, but, i don't think that the government wants to kill us.
i think, yeah, maybe swine flu is theirs, maybe they made it, but they now regret it & want to get everyone safe.
i just seriously do not believe they would even WANT so many people dead, think about the panic, & the need to dispose of the bodies, for a start.
i am a big fan of conspiracy theories, but , i think, this is a little bit over the top.
I don't think the government wants us dead either (who would pay the taxes then!) I think most of them are too easily distracted with money, power or the"science" of vaccines (aka, it's safe already!)
I think they can mislead and be misled themselves. I think they could put in plans that could hurt a lot of people.
I don't think there plan is to want to kill us though, not on purpose.
#29 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM

I dont think the government is trying to kill everyone. That'd be ridiculous. What good is power when there's no one to wield it over? I do think it's possible that they're trying to sell a lot of vaccines at the risk of public health. "They" could be the government, but more likely the pharmaceutical industry pushing on politicians

#30 of 44 Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 AM

I must be getting really confused. I have just finished reading an article here in Australia that was talking about the race to produce a vaccine. I didnt think there was a vaccine ready. Surely they would have started using it by now.
Is there one and which country is it in?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page