MMR & Behavior changes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I chose to spread out my son's vaccines so two weeks ago he got his MMR shot at 2 1/2 years old. Well a week later he came down with a fever, at one point spiking to 104 and now that the fever has gone, he has been absolutely unbearable and I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing after the MMR? Lots of crying, lots of tantrums over nothing - I cannot tell you how bad it is. I feel like we have to walk on eggshells around him for fear of setting him off. He dropped his juice cup this AM and forget it, it was like the world was ending. I'm very upset over all of this and I am PRAYING this is just temporary. He had his tantrums but nothing like the ones he is having now ever since he got this shot - the shot that I was so afraid to get so I held off. Now I'm beginning to regret it. I'm hoping someone went through the same thing and can tell me it's temporary -again it's been 2 weeks since shot. I'm planning on calling the doctor but I know she won't help me.
#2 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 AM

This age seems to be so hard on kids. That's why they call it the terrible twos, which is a term I hate and never used. But they are trying to be more independent and it just isn't working out quite yet. He may just be going through a stage. His crying bouts and tantrums may be due to his age.

On the other hand, if the three viruses interfered with his healthy constitution, he may be trying to get rid of them and does not know how. Measles are sometimes stuck in the gut for a long time and cause all sort of ill feelings. There are lots of side effects to the MMR shot and each one of the viruses that were injected simultaneously.

Give him lots of time to work this our of his body again and get back to his natural constitution. Vitamin A is supposed to work the viruses back out of the body again. I would give him a cod liver oil from a very good source for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference in him. Some people may suggest probiotics since the measles virus messes with the gut flora. I would do that also.
#3 of 11 Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

...so much for the response. Believe me I will try anything to get him over this - I hope it is just temporary as I have heard stories of behavior changing permanently after this shot, the shot that I feared in the first place. That's why I waited till he was 2 1/2. Again thanks for the suggestions and I welcome many more as well as similar stories.
#4 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh mama...so sorry this is happening

I do know persoanlly of at least 3 children who have reacted similarly to the MMR. I hope that your DS will be ok. Chances are he will be fine, but I believe that you have no way of knowing about long-term damage. I would get him to a qualified ND who treats children who have had adverse reactions to vaccines. Our ND does this and he tells me stories all the time of seeing children just like yours and others who seem to have much worse reactions and he has had great success in helping their bodies recover. I think time is important here too, as the longer that goes by, the longer the pathogens and virsues have to penetrate the body (at least that what he tells me). He has also told me he happens to see alot of kids post MMR....makes you wonder.

Listen to your gut mama. It was trying to tell you something before. I would Def not get a second dose of the MMR (JMHO) !!!!! I'm sure your son will be fine, but do what you can to ensure that he is! Goos luck and keep us posted

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM

i won't say that the MMR didn't enhance this behavior. but my son is almost two and hasn't had his MMR and we have had LOTS of days like that in our house. if i have been able to trace it back to anything, it's been teething.
#6 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 01:59 PM

After my ds got the MMR at 2 he had a horrible reaction to it. His behavior was MUCH worse than your ds's sounds to be. He started rocking, banging his head, running into door frames over and over until his face was bruised/bloody, etc.

Granted he DID have issues before the MMR. But nothing compared to after the MMR. I, too, had a gut feeling that he shouldn't get it but gave in to the pressures.

The same doctors who refused to admit it had anything to do with the MMR were quick to diagnose him with autism shortly after.

Whether the vaccines had anything to do with the autism diagnosis, I'm sure we will never know (or, at least, no doctor would ever admit it).

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#7 of 11 Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM

I had a bad reaction to vaccination as an adult and from experience I can say it can be very aggravating. Little things can turn into big things when you are not at your best because your body is trying to heal.

I'd suggest taking the time to look at Dr. Moulden's website www.brainguardmd.com. It shows the toxic effects of all vaccinations. The first few chapters of his book are free if you click on Bloodflow. His DVD's are very enlightening.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde
#8 of 11 Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM

How is your son now? We are going through the exact same thing now. Any feedback would be appreciated!
#9 of 11 Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by repjen View Post

How is your son now? We are going through the exact same thing now. Any feedback would be appreciated!

The OP's last post was over two years ago, so I doubt she will answer.  But if my child were in that situation, I would give 400,000 IU vitamin A for two days in a row. With this brand, http://www.klaire.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=V060-01 that would be 80 drops, two days in a row, for a total of 160 drops.

If you used cod liver oil for any high amount of vitamin A, it would cause a vitamin D overdose.

I would also do long term care with VSL#3 probiotics.

#10 of 11 Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 PM

My son seemed to change overnight at age three. He is almost 4 and I barely remember what it was like to have my sweet little boy, he is that different. He still hasn't had his MMR yet.

Christ Lovin' SAHM to JL 11/07, MP 5/95 and Empty Nester to BT and RM 7/89
#11 of 11 Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post

My son seemed to change overnight at age three. He is almost 4 and I barely remember what it was like to have my sweet little boy, he is that different. He still hasn't had his MMR yet.

Do you have any idea what might have caused the change?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page