Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Vaccinations (http://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/)
-   -   I'm so confused now (http://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/110958-i-m-so-confused-now.html)

pilesoflaundry 01-27-2004 01:32 PM

I think the doctors are switching around Daria's records or am I just paranoid? I swore she reacted to the MMR and possibly dtap. But according to her medical records I took her into the ER with the reaction 2 full days before she got the shots. I rechecked her immunization record and she did indeed get the shots May 14 2003. The ER note says May 12, 2003 but another ER note says May 11,2003 I took her in at 2AM so there is no way the time changed into a different day as if I had taken her in at midnight or something. It's a hospital printout with the 12 May date, but it's written in pen 5-11-03 on the second page by the doc she saw. I don't even know if I still have my copy of her being seen with the correct date. Dh cleans out files sometimes and gets rid of stuff, I hope I still have it somewhere...

I know for a fact she still had the bandaids on her legs from the shots, the nurses even asked what they were from. I said the shots, then I remember asking if the fever, etc was from the shots. She even got a rash 10days later. URgh I am so confused, didn't help that I only got 5 minutes with the records while some guy at a desk was all concerned why I wanted to look at them.

I think they aren't used to patients like me, the PA I saw because my doc was out of town said she has never had a patient refuse shots and very few people actually ask to look at the records!

I have no clue what to think now.

amnesiac 01-27-2004 02:07 PM

Were any claims filed with your insurance company?

pilesoflaundry 01-27-2004 05:07 PM

amnesiac, I suppose I could check the insurance. I never get records of covered services unless I get a referral for out of network care since we are military. Anything done at the hospital clinic is automatically covered. I will have the records clerk search for all bloodwork done on Daria and the dates as they did bloodwork to rule out reasons for the fever. Which IMO was from the shots. Urg, I think they know I tried to prove it was the shots and forged her records, I am going to dig through the house for the er sheet.

I know there is no way I would have allowed her shots 2 days after a high fever, screaming and a seizure. I know I am not remembering wrong!

goodpapa 01-27-2004 05:08 PM

...that it's time to grab your child and get out of the hospital--- period.

They're obviously cooking the books and IMO, there is no use fighting that battle.

Once again, IMO, it's time to focus your energies on exploring the world of nutrition and discovering all of the power that is there.

Feed your family----

---it's a Sacred, Revolutionary act in this modern age!

Ray

amnesiac 01-27-2004 05:29 PM

I guess being that it's military that can complicate things. My brother's care while in the military had lots of mishandlings so I can easily see how a date could've been unintentionally written down wrong. But the insurance co should have a record of dates of service even if they don't send you an EOB & submitting an incorrect date is a huge issue in that it's insurance fraud... assuming yours works the same way as non-military insurance. If you can get a copy of the nurse's notes there ought to be reference to the band-aids & they should be dated too. Most hospitals do not like to give them out though.

gilnikche 01-27-2004 07:59 PM

Get a copy of her entire medical record. Only then can you see what is really going on (or what is missing).

I wanted to get a copy of my record when I was about to get out of the Air Force. I was told by the records clerk that it would cost six cents per page and take 3 weeks.

I actually worked in the hospital; so I went down on night shift & copied them myself.

Be prepared that they will try to put you off in the same way.

BTW, did you write down all the details of her reaction for your own records?

pilesoflaundry 01-27-2004 11:38 PM

Carla, yes I did but not the dates . I guess I wasn't sure it was the vax until after we took her to the docs to rule out other causes for the fever. After they found no reason, then I asked if it was the shots, was told no.I was never told what to look for , just to come back to the hospital if she stopped breathing after a vax. I started my research then because I figured if they couldn't find a reason for the fever it had to be the vax, then I realized the screaming etc, etc was from the vax. Urg I don't like this hospital anyway but I like it a lot less now. I know the lab keeps records of all bloodwork done, if that wasn't forged I can prove they forged the actual record.

Funny thing is that night the doc prescribed 2 meds, motrin for the fever/pain and amoxicillian for the"unknown" fever. They are required to date the medicine, the bottle of motrin has the docs signature but no date. I threw out the amox because I wasn't going to give it to her if they couldn't find a bacterial reason for the fever. I was a mess that night so I never noticed it until after the fact, any other meds from that clinic are dated. Makes me wonder...

pilesoflaundry 01-28-2004 12:41 PM

Hilary, the vax date is correct, I have the appointment date noted in my records, the medical records and the immunization date all match. The only thing not making sense is the date listed for when I took her to the ER with the fever and after the screaming etc. which was from the vax. As soon as I can get back to the hospital I'm going to get the labwork records, they won't tell me over the phone.

T
This hospital is full of mistakes, they give antibiotics for everything and never listen to the parents. I know my kid better than they do! Took me 3 docs to get one of them to admit Daria had eczema, they still never believed me that the cause was milk allergy since she didn't have diarrhea. : I never said she had lactose intolerance, just milk protein allergy, but they don't get it. When I took milk out of her diet her eczema disappeared and so did her stomach cramps etc.

I wish my health insurance covered a homeopath or a chiropractor but they don't. It is all managed care M.D and antibiotics :Puke